Jamie MacDonald

Wrangodog

Embarrassingly MacDonald even has a worse points per game and goals conceded per game average than Craig Samson, during his second stint with us. 

But in his defence, MacDonald did have to play behind a centre back pairing of a rookie midfielder and a defensive midfielder, rather than experienced centre backs....oh wait, that was Freddie Woodman. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/08/2017 at 6:39 AM, Zorro said:

Embarrassingly MacDonald even has a worse points per game and goals conceded per game average than Craig Samson, during his second stint with us. 

But in his defence, MacDonald did have to play behind a centre back pairing of a rookie midfielder and a defensive midfielder, rather than experienced centre backs....oh wait, that was Freddie Woodman. 

Hope you were watching our scotland goalkeepers attempt at Hamilton's goal tonight the way he came flapping out to try and get the ball now that really was embarrassing  and his distribution is woeful I'm happy we have Jamie Mac as our goalie!

To be fair Gordon is a keeper on massive decline. Celtic should have replaced him before the Champions League matches. 

Everytime he is in goals for Scotland I have the fear, and I think he was at fault with two England goals in 2-2 game. 

On subject of Jamie Mac, he's a smashing keeper. I think there's a fair few top flight clubs wish they had him between the sticks. Hearts as an example for starts!

12 hours ago, Bbk said:

Hope you were watching our scotland goalkeepers attempt at Hamilton's goal tonight the way he came flapping out to try and get the ball now that really was embarrassing  and his distribution is woeful I'm happy we have Jamie Mac as our goalie!

Understandable Gordon made a hash of if, he'd stood about in the cold all night with nothing to do. Saying that, his distribution is far superior to 'smash it down the middle' MacDonald. Celtic players are more than comfortable playing the ball back to him in tight situations. 

TBH I wouldn't even trust Jamie to carry Craig Gordon's gloves. Anyone who thinks he's anywhere as good as him is kidding themselves on. 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Understandable Gordon made a hash of if, he'd stood about in the cold all night with nothing to do. Saying that, his distribution is far superior to 'smash it down the middle' MacDonald. Celtic players are more than comfortable playing the ball back to him in tight situations. 

TBH I wouldn't even trust Jamie to carry Craig Gordon's gloves. Anyone who thinks he's anywhere as good as him is kidding themselves on. 

Craig Gordon's distribution is diabolical.

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Should’ve done better at Celtics goal. Only in the daily record team of the day to reinforce the idea how dominant celtic were against us. Kids teams often give the oppositions keeper the MOTM award for the same reason. 

You sound paranoid. Why would the DR put a Killie player in TOW to reinforce how dominant Celtic were against us? If thats your thought process, why isnt the whole of the TOW the Killie team? As for your observation JM shouldve done better at there goal, maybe, what about all the other important saves he made which helped us get the draw? 

I'm actually gobsmacked you have pointed out flaws/errors, when less than a month ago we wouldve gotten horsed by both the OF. 

3 minutes ago, KTIDanny85 said:

You sound paranoid. Why would the DR put a Killie player in TOW to reinforce how dominant Celtic were against us? If thats your thought process, why isnt the whole of the TOW the Killie team? As for your observation JM shouldve done better at there goal, maybe, what about all the other important saves he made which helped us get the draw? 

I'm actually gobsmacked you have pointed out flaws/errors, when less than a month ago we wouldve gotten horsed by both the OF. 

The rest of our team aren’t included because that would suggest we were on top. By including MacDonald, the implication is we snuck a point thanks to a wondrous performance by our keeper. From the highlights his saves look pretty routine and the defence deserves more credit for the score line. 

TBH I’m actually gobsmacked people think some players are sacred cows, beyond criticism. 

4 minutes ago, Zorro said:

The rest of our team aren’t included because that would suggest we were on top. By including MacDonald, the implication is we snuck a point thanks to a wondrous performance by our keeper. From the highlights his saves look pretty routine and the defence deserves more credit for the score line. 

TBH I’m actually gobsmacked people think some players are sacred cows, beyond criticism. 

"From the highlights" says it all

1 hour ago, Dillinger said:

You can't argue with folk who saw his two 90 minute performances that he didn't play as well as being made out, based on the absolute guff that the BBC pass off as highlights. 

I saw the whole rangers performance and his best bits from the Celtic game. He should have done better at both goals we lost. That is an undeniable fact. 

14 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I saw the whole rangers performance and his best bits from the Celtic game. He should have done better at both goals we lost. That is an undeniable fact. 

I think you're right about the Celtic goal.  However you need to let this preoccupation go. The guy saved a penalty and had another brilliant save against Rangers. Of all the issues facing us up until Steve Clarkes appointment Jamie McDonald's selection was a spec of dirt on the windscreen. Let it go man. 

I can't believe after we have just played 180 minutes against both sides of the old filth, came away with 2 points saved a penalty (albeit a s**tely taken penalty) scored 2 well worked goals that someone would take the time to complain about Jamie's performance 

absolute nonsense 

until recently we couldn't buy even what could be described as a respectable peformance from the team 

plenty of positives to focus on over the last 3 games but what do we do 

"he could have done better" 

as I said absolute nonsense 

The Rangers goal was a free shot from about 16 yards because nobody, such as McKenzie, bothered to close Holt down. Much like a penalty kick, the only thing MacDonald could do was spread himself and the shot went in just under the crossbar.

Verdict - definitely keeper error.

The Celtic goal was the result of Griffiths being left unmarked. Greer immediately gave Findlay pelters, although it's difficult to see on the video who was at fault.

Verdict - keeper error again.

1 hour ago, Richie242KFC said:

Every set of highlights I see, JMC pulls off at least one world class save IMO. We've been lucky to have him

I take it you haven’t watched the Celtic highlights yet?

Very odd the bbc couldn’t find a spectacular save from the keeper of the day.