Jamie MacDonald

Wrangodog

14 hours ago, skygod said:

The Rangers goal was a free shot from about 16 yards because nobody, such as McKenzie, bothered to close Holt down. Much like a penalty kick, the only thing MacDonald could do was spread himself and the shot went in just under the crossbar.

Verdict - definitely keeper error.

The Celtic goal was the result of Griffiths being left unmarked. Greer immediately gave Findlay pelters, although it's difficult to see on the video who was at fault.

Verdict - keeper error again.

Yeah, the guy has a lot to answer for. I think he has been blamed for about every goal we have lost this season.

I'm surprised he wasn't named as the other shooter in the JFK papers released this week. 

Edited by historyman

3 hours ago, skygod said:

The Rangers goal was a free shot from about 16 yards because nobody, such as McKenzie, bothered to close Holt down. Much like a penalty kick, the only thing MacDonald could do was spread himself and the shot went in just under the crossbar.

Verdict - definitely keeper error.

The Celtic goal was the result of Griffiths being left unmarked. Greer immediately gave Findlay pelters, although it's difficult to see on the video who was at fault.

Verdict - keeper error again.

Changing the subject, I know but interesting point about Greer.

At the time, I was disappointed the way he turned on Findlay after the goal. Findlay is a young player and from where I was, Greer's position was every bit as bad as his. As a senior player Greer should know better than that.

Findlay allowed Griffiths to pull onto him and come across without tracking his run . Macdonald shouldn’t have come out . Greer expects high standards and its to be admired if he can pass on good habits and experience to Findlay it will be to his benefit . Though the back four were excellent . Findlay calmed down after Roberts went off 

13 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Findlay allowed Griffiths to pull onto him and come across without tracking his run . Macdonald shouldn’t have come out . Greer expects high standards and its to be admired if he can pass on good habits and experience to Findlay it will be to his benefit . Though the back four were excellent . Findlay calmed down after Roberts went off 

Think Jamie came out to narrow the angle and make it more difficult for Grifffiths he could see Griffiths was getting to the ball first. Little point in staying on his line.

It was a well taken goal I thought by a striker high on confidence. 

8 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

Think Jamie came out to narrow the angle and make it more difficult for Grifffiths he could see Griffiths was getting to the ball first. Little point in staying on his line.

I think he came out thinking he could reach the ball before - or at the same time as - Griffiths, which he obviously didn't. 

These are split-second decisions which a goalkeeper has to make and it's unfair to judge them by a higher standard than outfield players which is what is happening here. 

MacDonald was left exposed by his defence, he had to make the best of that situation and it didn't work out. 

It happens. You get over it and play on. 

If you want to look for goalkeeping errors, check out the Well keeper against Hibs or Joe Lewis against County. 

Those are what goalkeeping errors look like, not letting a free shot from around the penalty spot whistle in under the crossbar. 

Edited by skygod

4 minutes ago, angus said:

Can someone please explain why Jamie is so unpopular with some of our fans? Can we just not be thankful that we have two quality keepers to choose from?

It’s only me who doesn’t like him. The rest couldn’t tell their arses from their elbows when it comes to keepers. 

The fact is MacDonald came out and then hesitated costing us a goal against Celtic. Against rangers he inexplicably lay down, when if he’d literally done nothing he’d have had a better chance of saving it. The goal against rangers isn’t the first time this season he’s been beaten by a shot hit straight at him by going down early. He doesn’t boss his six yard box, never mind his whole area. His distribution is woeful as evidenced by his recent howler at Ibrox. He routinely has the worst goals against record in the league. His communication is poor except when talking to his old club prior to the playoffs to agree a move back if they won or when he’s moaning about training times. All in all, we’d be much better off without him. Good keepers don’t have to make as many “world class” saves as MacDonald. Their decision making and positioning reduces the amount of times theses saves are required. 

39 minutes ago, Zorro said:

It’s only me who doesn’t like him. The rest couldn’t tell their arses from their elbows when it comes to keepers. 

The fact is MacDonald came out and then hesitated costing us a goal against Celtic. Against rangers he inexplicably lay down, when if he’d literally done nothing he’d have had a better chance of saving it. The goal against rangers isn’t the first time this season he’s been beaten by a shot hit straight at him by going down early. He doesn’t boss his six yard box, never mind his whole area. His distribution is woeful as evidenced by his recent howler at Ibrox. He routinely has the worst goals against record in the league. His communication is poor except when talking to his old club prior to the playoffs to agree a move back if they won or when he’s moaning about training times. All in all, we’d be much better off without him. Good keepers don’t have to make as many “world class” saves as MacDonald. Their decision making and positioning reduces the amount of times theses saves are required. 

You have absolutely lost your mind. 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

The fact is MacDonald came out and then hesitated costing us a goal against Celtic.

Griffiths was left free, in acres of space with the goal 10 yards away. I'd expect him to beat any keeper in the UK from that position 9 times out of 10.

Defenders posted missing was the problem here not a dodgy keeper.  

2 hours ago, Zorro said:

The fact is Against rangers he inexplicably lay down, when if he’d literally done nothing he’d have had a better chance of saving it. The goal against rangers isn’t the first time this season he’s been beaten by a shot hit straight at him by going down early. He doesn’t boss his six yard box, never mind his whole area. His distribution is woeful as evidenced by his recent howler at Ibrox. He routinely has the worst goals against record in the league. His communication is poor except when talking to his old club prior to the playoffs to agree a move back if they won or when he’s moaning about training times. All in all, we’d be much better off without him. Good keepers don’t have to make as many “world class” saves as MacDonald. Their decision making and positioning reduces the amount of times theses saves are required. 

As usual you'll be right & everyone else will is wrong. Tell us what level you played at as a goalkeeper again, that makes you such an expert between the sticks?

As for the rest of your post your just had a sudden urge to try this.....

Q8gb6.gif

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

Griffiths was left free, in acres of space with the goal 10 yards away. I'd expect him to beat any keeper in the UK from that position 9 times out of 10.

Defenders posted missing was the problem here not a dodgy keeper.  

I can guarantee you Griffiths wouldn’t have taken on the shot so early if our keeper hadn’t been standing in no mans land with his legs wide open. He literally made Griffiths’s mind up for him. 

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

As usual you'll be right & everyone else will is wrong. Tell us what level you played at as a goalkeeper again, that makes you such an expert between the sticks?

As for the rest of your post your just had a sudden urge to try this.....

Q8gb6.gif

You seem upset that I can quantify why MacDonald is such a poor keeper. You were probably one of the idiots bleating when he was dropped last season too. 

10 minutes ago, Zorro said:

You seem upset that I can quantify why MacDonald is such a poor keeper. You were probably one of the idiots bleating when he was dropped last season too. 

Yet again dancing around the question I asked... Your having another heids gone moment I suspect.

Edited by C4mmy31

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

Yet again dancing around the question I asked... You having another heids gone moment I suspect.

I didn’t realise it was a serious question. It’s the type of thing you’d expet from the Wullie  Millers of the world. Saying that, I’d respect his contributions over yours. 

2 hours ago, Zorro said:

He routinely has the worst goals against record in the league.

A rather simplistic way to measure the ability of a goalkeeper, even if it was true and I doubt very much that it is.
Our goals against record is far from the worst but we are the league's lowest scorers.

Edited by historyman

1 minute ago, historyman said:

A rather simplistic way to measure the ability of a goalkeeper, even if it was true and I doubt very much that it is.

It might be if Woodman hadn’t come in and immediately improved our goals against ratio, playing behind a much less experienced defence.