Jamie MacDonald

Wrangodog

With the Steve Clarke era now under way and the new positivity clearly flowing through rugby park. you could just feel the difference last night. we need to focus as a fan group on placing all our energies into positive support for ALL killie players. We should be looking to focus on creating that reputation we used to have as a friendly family club. Last night was excellent. much more like the Rugby Park I remembered of old. I left even though we lost feeling really proud of the fans. 

A forum post analysing every mistake one of OUR OWN players make ever time they make one should be resigned to the past. This is a new era. . . Jamie McDonald is ONE OF OUR OWN and should be supported no matter what as long as he wears the blue and white stripes. 

P.S I think he's been great for us since he joined. 

11 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

With the Steve Clarke era now under way and the new positivity clearly flowing through rugby park. you could just feel the difference last night. we need to focus as a fan group on placing all our energies into positive support for ALL killie players. We should be looking to focus on creating that reputation we used to have as a friendly family club. Last night was excellent. much more like the Rugby Park I remembered of old. I left even though we lost feeling really proud of the fans. 

A forum post analysing every mistake one of OUR OWN players make ever time they make one should be resigned to the past. This is a new era. . . Jamie McDonald is ONE OF OUR OWN and should be supported no matter what as long as he wears the blue and white stripes. 

At last somebody else talking sense agree with you 100%!

39 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

It would be a bit confusing for the defenders if he wore blue and white stripes. I think Cammy deserves a turn as well.

19 hours ago, skygod said:

If any of three managers - especially McCulloch, who signed Bell - thought that MacDonald was a liability they would have dropped him by now.

Clark did drop him, McCulloch tried to replace him but it looks increasingly like our medical department have boobed again, which just leaves Clarke to make up his mind. I would expect any competent manager to initially take advice from the goalkeeping coach before coming to their own decision.

If Bell doesn’t make an appearance soon, I’d expect him to be released in the winter transfer window and a new keeper brought in. 

36 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Clark did drop him, McCulloch tried to replace him but it looks increasingly like our medical department have boobed again....

I was referring to McCulloch, McDonald and Clarke.

Bell is on the bench so I assume he is fit. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

Clarke has seen MacDonald with his own eyes four times now so he should be past the stage of relying on Billy Thompson's advice.

I don't really expect any of them - MacDonald, Bell or Thompson - to be around next season if Clarke is still in charge.

4 hours ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

4 hours ago, Bbk said:

At last somebody else talking sense agree with you 100%!

No one is denying he has great reflexes and can contribute some excellent stops such as at Ibrox, but I was raging at his decision making, firstly,  for the stupid pass that led to the penalty (retrieved by a good save) and then nearly throwing it all away again after the equaliser by assuming the ref had seen the small deflection off the Rangers player's boot on the pass back in the last minute of injury time which resulted in the indirect free kick 3 yards out! Still can't believe we kept that out.  It is these errors that we need to eliminate to solidify confidence in the defensive unit.

10 hours ago, KP by the sea said:

No one is denying he has great reflexes and can contribute some excellent stops such as at Ibrox, but I was raging at his decision making, firstly,  for the stupid pass that led to the penalty (retrieved by a good save) and then nearly throwing it all away again after the equaliser by assuming the ref had seen the small deflection off the Rangers player's boot on the pass back in the last minute of injury time which resulted in the indirect free kick 3 yards out! Still can't believe we kept that out.  It is these errors that we need to eliminate to solidify confidence in the defensive unit.

The continuing negativity on Macdonald amazes me.
If recent games are anything to go by having a left-back that doesn't lose his man would probably have a bigger impact on the confidence of our defensive unit since most of the goals we have conceded have come from there.

1 hour ago, historyman said:

The continuing negativity on Macdonald amazes me.
If recent games are anything to go by having a left-back that doesn't lose his man would probably have a bigger impact on the confidence of our defensive unit since most of the goals we have conceded have come from there.

Our makeshift left back seems to have done ok on grass. Just saying. 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Our makeshift left back seems to have done ok on grass. Just saying. 

No he didn't. He's been roasted in his last two games and solely culpable for three of the four goals we have conceded.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good Jamie Mac vendetta though...

I genuinely cant believe some people don't rate Mcdonald, sure he has made mistakes but in general hes one of the main reasons we are still playing in this league, numerous times save after save to keep the score down and coming away from games thinking hes the only player who'd get in to other spl teams.

Each to their own but I'm happy with JMac in goals, the Bell signing was a waste of a wage (hes a great keeper as well)

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

No he didn't. He's been roasted in his last two games and solely culpable for three of the four goals we have conceded.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good Jamie Mac vendetta though...

We’ve only conceded two away goals in the three away games since he went left back, so I’m not sure how he could be culpable for three of the four goals as you claim, Mr. Angry. 

I don't rate him that highly, makes the saves he should make but because there's been so many chances of late ( baring the past few games) he has been kept busy. I think he guesses alot and often dives completely the wrong way.

Yes, hes kept us in games, but I would still rather have Woodman if given the choice.

4 minutes ago, gmullin88 said:

I don't rate him that highly, makes the saves he should make but because there's been so many chances of late ( baring the past few games) he has been kept busy. I think he guesses alot and often dives completely the wrong way.

Yes, hes kept us in games, but I would still rather have Woodman if given the choice.

I'd rather have David de Gea.

Aye Woodman is a better goalie.

However Jamie is a good keeper and he's ours and that's good enough for me. 

If he starts looking culpable for all the goals we lose then I'd reevaluate. 

21 minutes ago, gmullin88 said:

Would be brilliant to have a goalkeeper who didn't have to guess which way to dive to save any shot or penalty coming towards him is their one playing for any other team?

Whilst Macdonald still has the same flaws in his game , he has performed relatively well this season , sClarke would have to feel really confident that Bell would improve that position ....but fact Bell has now not played any games for around 6 months would be be a worry 

Still find the Bell signing a strange one, given the wages we are paying out for a reserve keeper at our level.......who has not even been given a run out in the development team  

On 01/11/2017 at 3:23 PM, bute-killiefan said:

I thought his positioning was pretty bad for the first goal, but it might not have made a difference anyway. 

I don't really get the 'Bell is overrated' comments, he was excellent for us and well worth another go.

I'm more concerned that McGinn at 5'10  managed to out jump our defenders and score.

26 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

I thought his positioning was pretty bad for the first goal, but it might not have made a difference anyway. 

26 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Usually, a good goalkeeper won't dive in a completely random fashion. His dive for Hibs' first goal a prime example

So, first of all, his positioning was bad and then he dived in "a completely random fashion"?!

How about this: the defence f**ked up in allowing the cross to come in and then to allow McGinn a free header (Power to be precise, but let's have a song for him while we excoriate the keeper).

It's clear from your comments that you know even less than Zorro about goalkeeping.

It defies belief the way in which MacDonald's performance is nitpicked to the nth degree while those in front of him get a free ride.

Shocking really.