Jamie MacDonald

Wrangodog

5 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Obviously the only way to get a response from a moronic person and by the way do you concede that any blame for any of the three goals conceded against his could be attributed to any of our other defenders and not just Jamie?

Teams should defend from the front. However, MacDonald is the last line of defence and should deal better with many of the goals we concede. Subtle differences in his decision making, positioning and reactions are costing us goals. It may not be obvious to you, because of the “world class saves” but many of these saves should have been routine saves or not have come to anything in the first place. I’ve lost count of the amount of reaction saves he’s made from corners when he could’ve come and claimed the ball. Watch teams taking corners against us. They know they can lob the ball into our six yard box and it’s a 50/50 chance they’ll get a head on it. 

If you’re really bored go and look at the amount of goals per game he conceded compared to Woodman. Go and look at Falkirks record before, during, and after his period there. Go look at his record at Hearts. Teams concede more goals with MacDonald in goals. We weren’t saved by him a couple of years back. We were in that position partly because of him. 

If you want to start a thread on our defence, go for it. Plenty of you had a lot to say about them and Broadfoot in particular earlier in the season. I know because I was vilified for pointing out he was being played out of position with no midfield cover. I was slated for saying Frizzel playing in front of the centre backs was costing us goals too. It’s like water of a ducks back. Some of you don’t even seem to know which day we play on, never mind tactical nuances.

I don’t want us to lose any goals. These aren’t personal attacks on any of our players. I am looking at the problem and giving a solution. A solution the last two guys in charge seemed to agree with. They saw him in training. They saw him in matches. They saw the comparison next to a rookie keeper; a decision many of you opposed and then had to eat humble pie over as Woodman was a far superior keeper.

MacDonald will be gone in the summer if not sooner. Clark will have his own ideas about who to bring in. I’ll trust his judgment.

3 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Teams should defend from the front. However, MacDonald is the last line of defence and should deal better with many of the goals we concede. Subtle differences in his decision making, positioning and reactions are costing us goals. It may not be obvious to you, because of the “world class saves” but many of these saves should have been routine saves or not have come to anything in the first place. I’ve lost count of the amount of reaction saves he’s made from corners when he could’ve come and claimed the ball. Watch teams taking corners against us. They know they can lob the ball into our six yard box and it’s a 50/50 chance they’ll get a head on it. 

If you’re really bored go and look at the amount of goals per game he conceded compared to Woodman. Go and look at Falkirks record before, during, and after his period there. Go look at his record at Hearts. Teams concede more goals with MacDonald in goals. We weren’t saved by him a couple of years back. We were in that position partly because of him. 

If you want to start a thread on our defence, go for it. Plenty of you had a lot to say about them and Broadfoot in particular earlier in the season. I know because I was vilified for pointing out he was being played out of position with no midfield cover. I was slated for saying Frizzel playing in front of the centre backs was costing us goals too. It’s like water of a ducks back. Some of you don’t even seem to know which day we play on, never mind tactical nuances.

I don’t want us to lose any goals. These aren’t personal attacks on any of our players. I am looking at the problem and giving a solution. A solution the last two guys in charge seemed to agree with. They saw him in training. They saw him in matches. They saw the comparison next to a rookie keeper; a decision many of you opposed and then had to eat humble pie over as Woodman was a far superior keeper.

MacDonald will be gone in the summer if not sooner. Clark will have his own ideas about who to bring in. I’ll trust his judgment.

What if SC’s judgement is to retain Jamie as our no1 keeper , will you then change your stance ? 

11 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

What if SC’s judgement is to retain Jamie as our no1 keeper , will you then change your stance ? 

It won’t happen but if it does, it will because MacDonald has improved. So yes, of course I’d change my view on his ability. I’ll say it again, this isn’t personal. It’s about improving the team. Don’t we all want that?

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Wow what a speal and to think Billy  Bowie pushed the boat out to hire Steve Clarke when all this time we have been blessed to have such a tactically aware potential ream manager right under our noses .We really are not worthy to have someone like you in our midst.You should have applied for the job!

3 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Wow what a speal and to think Billy  Bowie pushed the boat out to hire Steve Clarke when all this time we have been blessed to have such a tactically aware potential ream manager right under our noses .We really are not worthy to have someone like you in our midst.You should have applied for the job!

He'd have been a shoe in for the job if we didn't have a plastic pitch!

1 hour ago, Bbk said:

I couldn’t afford the wage cut. 

Ah ! Yes but you are surely unable to see the wood for the trees here it seems to be you are in the minority with your consistent dislike of Jamie MacDonald as our goalkeeper.   Let's put this to the test by asking all other Killie fans if they share your view Allow me to kick this off with a no I don't and I am happy with Jamie MacDonald as our goalkeeper at present. Over to all of our over posters!!

9 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Ah ! Yes but you are surely unable to see the wood for the trees here it seems to be you are in the minority with your consistent dislike of Jamie MacDonald as our goalkeeper.   Let's put this to the test by asking all other Killie fans if they share your view Allow me to kick this off with a no I don't and I am happy with Jamie MacDonald as our goalkeeper at present. Over to all of our over posters!!

I don’t have a dislike of MacDonald. It’s his mistakes I have an issue with. 

And I’m sure I don’t have to point out just because you’re in the majority, it doesn’t mean you’re right. I’d suggest this is evidenced by your inability to rebutt any of my points and instead continue to play to the galleries. 

Anyway, the real question should be- would you like a keeper who makes less mistakes and concedes fewer goals than MacDonald?

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Your repeated use of ad hominem attacks only serves to highlight your limited football knowledge. You’re unable to rebutt my points so you attack me instead. I can live with it. 

Seemingly only certain people aloud to name call on this site so I'll stay out it.

As I have said before it is time to bring this whole debate to an end we are supposed to be Kilmarnock supporters pulling in the same direction. Let's just agree to disagree you Zorro do not obviously rate Jamie MacDonald where as I do as do many others . Fortunately the only person who really matters here is Steve Clarke and I don't think our continued tit for tat is going to influence him one iota. So let us now move on and give every one else peace and I would like to apologise to all of you for the tedium this saga  has caused. This time it really is cheerio from me on this particular topic now Zorro its your turn!!

10 hours ago, chubbs said:

I'd like to thank Zorro for putting me right after all these years.

You’re welcome. 

10 hours ago, chubbs said:

I thought De Gea was a great goalie but it turns out he only makes those terrific saves cos he's pish.

Trust me, MacDonald won’t be joining Manchester Utd anytime soon. 

11 hours ago, Bbk said:

As I have said before it is time to bring this whole debate to an end we are supposed to be Kilmarnock supporters pulling in the same direction. Let's just agree to disagree you Zorro do not obviously rate Jamie MacDonald where as I do as do many others . Fortunately the only person who really matters here is Steve Clarke and I don't think our continued tit for tat is going to influence him one iota. So let us now move on and give every one else peace and I would like to apologise to all of you for the tedium this saga  has caused. This time it really is cheerio from me on this particular topic now Zorro its your turn!!

Are we allowed to discuss any Kilmarnock players? Will people stop mentioning Boyd’s lack of pace/movement/weight/appetite/old club? Will we never hear that Mackenzie hasn’t really kicked on, Frizzel is too wee, Jones’s final ball is poor, Broadfoot is pish......again? What can we discuss while we’re pulling together?

As long as the discussions remain civil and people refrain from using personal insults, I don’t see the issue with having a discussion. Unfortunately some people can’t construct an argument so resort to insults and tedious red cards. However in a conciliatory gesture I won’t mention MacDonald again unless someone brings it up or until his next mistake. If he’s as good as you claim you won’t hear from me on the matter anytime soon. 

19 hours ago, Zorro said:

I don’t have a dislike of MacDonald. It’s his mistakes I have an issue with. 

And I’m sure I don’t have to point out just because you’re in the majority, it doesn’t mean you’re right. I’d suggest this is evidenced by your inability to rebutt any of my points and instead continue to play to the galleries. 

Anyway, the real question should be- would you like a keeper who makes less mistakes and concedes fewer goals than MacDonald?

Call me a wrinkled old pedant, but don't you mean FEWER mistakes ?