Clyde Match Day Fred

piffer

37 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

According to Kiltie & McCulloch he has 2 years left on his contract.

Bristol City have also made a bid for this guy....

"Bristol City reportedly in talks to sign IFK Norrköping winger Niclas Eliasson"

Teamtalk isn't the most accurate place on the transfer front tbh.

Edited by C4mmy31

Watching that game last night and from a football perspective only, Clyde's Goodwillie has retained far more ability than Kris Boyd. You would never have thought there are 3 leagues between them and Goodwillie was a pest for our defence all game. I would happily have swapped them :)

Normally sit high up in the East Stand but was low down in the Frank Beattie last night. Very noticeable that although the pitch was watered prior to kick-off the ball was bobbling all over the place in the first half. More watering took place at half-time and this time it did have an affect, and I think it helped us to pass and move the ball more effectively along with the change in midfield. 

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Normally sit high up in the East Stand but was low down in the Frank Beattie last night. Very noticeable that although the pitch was watered prior to kick-off the ball was bobbling all over the place in the first half. More watering took place at half-time and this time it did have an affect, and I think it helped us to pass and move the ball more effectively along with the change in midfield. 

We really should install a proper sprinkler system

7 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

What was the background of the rape allegations? Was it like Ched Evans or was it a clear cut open and shut case?

Wasn't convicted criminally but pretty sure he lost the civil/ delict case and was sued

Edited by KTID96
added

10 hours ago, Calummoore86 said:

Yeah he does do that, but a lot of the times he deliberately smashes it off the defender for a corner, probably because he has no clear path. The only other option would be to put in a high ball, which we don't have much success with. There's definitely room for improvement but he's still one of our best players at the moment.

Don't know why he does that because I haven't seen him take a good corner yet.

14 hours ago, Calummoore86 said:

His final balls aren't too bad. He plays for the corner deliberately a lot of the time I've noticed. He'll also cut back in and take a pop at goal if he gets the chance.

He has to play for the corner as when he looks up Boydy is still standing hands on hips in the centre circle blowing out his bum!

11 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Don't know why he does that because I haven't seen him take a good corner yet.

You should attend more away games auld yin, I can remember at least one game when we scored at Perth from his corner.

Goal! St. Johnstone 0, Kilmarnock 1. Scott Boyd (Kilmarnock) header from very close range to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Jordan Jones with a cross following a corner.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Was good to see the manager knows how to change a game. We were rotten in the first half, started the second poor, but the thing that changed the game was Burke coming on for Power, who was hopeless again. 

After that we were on the front foot and could have scored more than we did. To be honest, at home to someone like Clyde, we should have been that attacking from the off. No need for a defensive mid in a game like that. 

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You should attend more away games auld yin, I can remember at least one game when we scored at Perth from his corner.

Goal! St. Johnstone 0, Kilmarnock 1. Scott Boyd (Kilmarnock) header from very close range to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Jordan Jones with a cross following a corner.

Well I suppose one assist from about a thousand corners isn't bad. You and I could probably manage that.