Andrew Robertson

16 hours ago, RAG said:

Who was the last Scot signed for decent money by a top 4 English team?

(Danny Wilson doesn't count!)

I'm struggling to think - well done to Robertson, who 5 years ago was playing amateur for Queens Park.

Good question. Everton and Spurs finished in the top 4 after signing McFadden and Hutton respectively.

It is a struggle to think of a big Scottish transfer to a team at the top of the English league without going back to the 80s!...

Fantastic role model for any kid that's ever been told they're "too wee". Seems a class act off the pitch too. I read recently that a few years back at his 21st birthday he asked for donations to food banks rather than presents for himself. Hope he keeps his feet on the ground. 

43 minutes ago, thesnowman21 said:

What about Charlie Adam to Liverpool from black pool. Although don't think they were top 4 then. 

Good shout.

Funnily enough, I was thinking of Charlie Adam at Stoke - had completely forgotten he was at Liverpool too.

"There's damn few and they're (nearly) aw deid"

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:11 PM, RAG said:

Who was the last Scot signed for decent money by a top 4 English team?

(Danny Wilson doesn't count!)

I'm struggling to think - well done to Robertson, who 5 years ago was playing amateur for Queens Park.

Islam Feruz - Celtic to Chelsea. Went for about a million apparently, loose change behind the couch to them.

That worked out well - couldn't even get a game at Hibs in the Championship when he was on loan there. No idea what he is doing now. What a waste.

10 hours ago, historyman said:

Islam Feruz - Celtic to Chelsea. Went for about a million apparently, loose change behind the couch to them.

That worked out well - couldn't even get a game at Hibs in the Championship when he was on loan there. No idea what he is doing now. What a waste.

I think he is still under contract at Chelsea, believe it or not.

11 hours ago, Bhamkillieken said:

the boy billy gilmour, from ardrossan, has just gone from rangers to chelsea. dont know how much for. it will certianly open his eyes moving to london.

If he keeps his head screwed on when he is down there he will make it at a very high level. I've seen him play a couple of times and he is excellent - great technique and shows great intelligence on the park.