St Johnstone (H) Match Fred

killiekosmos

7 hours ago, aumgn said:

Went to see Bohemians in Prague at the weekend play Sparta and it was as far removed from a Killie game as you can get in terms of supporter attitude. Songs ALL game. Went down 1-0 within ten minutes to a shocking challenge which led to a penalty.....fans sung louder. They equalised in the last minute and you'd have thought they'd won the cup. Team came out at the end and celebrated for half an hour. I had fun. Nobody moaned, nobody booed. There were 800 Bohemians fans there.

Are the team beyond criticism? Course not. This idea though that because you're "long suffering fans" and you pay a lot of money each week to see the team gives you carte blanche to funnel your crap life by way of unceasing negativity onto the rest of us every Saturday is the snidest patter there is. As long as the team are giving it their all on the pitch we should be supporting them 100%, whether they be pish or not. You might find that unrelenting support from the fans in the terraces actually translates to the team running through walls for us on the park.

Don't like that? Away and support Celtic, they win a lot.

Saw Sparta play against Hradec in May and the difference in the attitude of fans is unbelievable. Sparta aren't exactly playing great football at the moment and given their past achievements you could forgive fans for being a little frustrated.

Watched Racing Strasbourg in Ligue 2 for the whole season as well and very rarely did the fans ever get on a players back. Support continued for the whole 90 minutes regardless of the score. Even down 4-1 at home to Valenciennes the fans were still getting right behind the team. Those fans havent exactly had it easy in the last ten years. Coincidentally Strasbourg won the league and promotion to Ligue 1.

There does seem to be a different fan mentality generally on the continent. Fans enjoy going to games and create a much more positive atmosphere which can only have a positive impact on players, as opposed to constantly hearing fans berating them from the stands! 

Right so now ive calmed down and had a chance to gather my thoughts on the game. 

First half and up until Erwin came on we were tol disjointed. The midfiled were isolated from both the defence and attack. Badly lacking Dicker in there but until he is fit we need to get on with it. Greer was class. His distribution will be very important but needs a player showing for him. McKenzie canne play that position. Same goes for up top. Balls into Boyd were nae use as he was totally on his own with nae support. Erwin however compleaty changed that. The two linked up very well and we absolutly need to go with this from now on. Somebody in the middle needs to be sacrificed. We are not bossing this area anyways and by stretching the game up top we bring the wingers into it and create many more chances. 

Im willing to give Broadfoot time but he needs to take a look at himself. His attitude stinks. Blames everyone else for his mistakes (of which there were many), and was totaly complicit at the first goal as well as being one of about 4 players not willing to take one for the team at the 2nd (St Johnstone took 4 bookings to stop breakaways in far less dangerous positions). 

Thomas looked very good again and was even very good in the 1st half. 

Jones looked dangerous after the introduction of Erwin.

Erwin will win us games. Really pulls defenders all over and can pick Boyd out.

Boyd looked very dangerous having someone to play off. This is what hes been missing and im cofident he will score 10 plus this year if we play him and Erwin together.

Greer. Class

Jamie Mac looked a bit nervous. To be fair today is the first ive really noticed is distribution. And he was rooted to his line on a couple of occasions where the ball came beyond 10 yards out. Expect Bell to take over soon.

Frizzell needs to have Dicker alongside him to excell and play is own game. Will come good. 

Burke. Prefere hime to McKenzie. Might not give what we need either but if we need to play 2 up top then I keep him in over Rory. He puts himself about better and can pick a pass. Good player.

Taylor wasnt his best yesterday but wasnt bad either. One of the first names on the team sheet. 

Wilson did very well out of position (AGAIN!) very disapointed at O'Donnell so far in the league cup. He should be in there and I think he will be eventually. Needs a shake and needs to apply himself to get match sharp. Wilson needs to be settled in the middle of the park and folk need to lay aff him. Good playe whos development is being hampered out of postion.

The manager I hope will take it on the chin and continue to learn. Makes odd substitutions sometimes. Id have taken McKenzie aff over Burke but that may have been a fitness thing so I see the argument. Power.......jury's out. May well be the very poor signing out of the bunch. Time will tell.

The fans. 

Sorry but we need to buck up too. I know its hard. We've won very little at home for year. But we have to get behind this. Most of this squad will be here next year and we may not see the real benifits of it till next season. 

Im certain however that it will improve. Hell that wasnt that bad there yesterday. Small margins and we could have won that against a well setted team with a winning formula and an experianced manager.

So pump yersells up put on whatever music that gets yer heart pumping on the way to the game and get intae it! Its going to be a tough season but if we get behind this it will work out!

KTID!

10 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

Right so now ive calmed down and had a chance to gather my thoughts on the game. 

First half and up until Erwin came on we were tol disjointed. The midfiled were isolated from both the defence and attack. Badly lacking Dicker in there but until he is fit we need to get on with it. Greer was class. His distribution will be very important but needs a player showing for him. McKenzie canne play that position. Same goes for up top. Balls into Boyd were nae use as he was totally on his own with nae support. Erwin however compleaty changed that. The two linked up very well and we absolutly need to go with this from now on. Somebody in the middle needs to be sacrificed. We are not bossing this area anyways and by stretching the game up top we bring the wingers into it and create many more chances. 

Im willing to give Broadfoot time but he needs to take a look at himself. His attitude stinks. Blames everyone else for his mistakes (of which there were many), and was totaly complicit at the first goal as well as being one of about 4 players not willing to take one for the team at the 2nd (St Johnstone took 4 bookings to stop breakaways in far less dangerous positions). 

Thomas looked very good again and was even very good in the 1st half. 

Jones looked dangerous after the introduction of Erwin.

Erwin will win us games. Really pulls defenders all over and can pick Boyd out.

Boyd looked very dangerous having someone to play off. This is what hes been missing and im cofident he will score 10 plus this year if we play him and Erwin together.

Greer. Class

Jamie Mac looked a bit nervous. To be fair today is the first ive really noticed is distribution. And he was rooted to his line on a couple of occasions where the ball came beyond 10 yards out. Expect Bell to take over soon.

Frizzell needs to have Dicker alongside him to excell and play is own game. Will come good. 

Burke. Prefere hime to McKenzie. Might not give what we need either but if we need to play 2 up top then I keep him in over Rory. He puts himself about better and can pick a pass. Good player.

Taylor wasnt his best yesterday but wasnt bad either. One of the first names on the team sheet. 

Wilson did very well out of position (AGAIN!) very disapointed at O'Donnell so far in the league cup. He should be in there and I think he will be eventually. Needs a shake and needs to apply himself to get match sharp. Wilson needs to be settled in the middle of the park and folk need to lay aff him. Good playe whos development is being hampered out of postion.

The manager I hope will take it on the chin and continue to learn. Makes odd substitutions sometimes. Id have taken McKenzie aff over Burke but that may have been a fitness thing so I see the argument. Power.......jury's out. May well be the very poor signing out of the bunch. Time will tell.

The fans. 

Sorry but we need to buck up too. I know its hard. We've won very little at home for year. But we have to get behind this. Most of this squad will be here next year and we may not see the real benifits of it till next season. 

Im certain however that it will improve. Hell that wasnt that bad there yesterday. Small margins and we could have won that against a well setted team with a winning formula and an experianced manager.

So pump yersells up put on whatever music that gets yer heart pumping on the way to the game and get intae it! Its going to be a tough season but if we get behind this it will work out!

KTID!

Couldn't agree more mate think Mackenzie is never the player he will be too inconsistent and I don't like slagging players off if I can help it.

The fans are not the problem it's the team. People saying they have watched fitba matches all around the globe sounds like you're quite fortunate unlike some fans who's only experience of fitba is Killie and who pay hard earned money to wealthy players who constantly disappoint. The fans have been amazing in terms of passion and loyalty over the last decade and I believe that is where a vast amount of the anger at the players is created. I would hate to go to the match without any passion and just accept inevitable defeat as we are constantly a work in progress. Imagine where we would be if people just accepted lame performances week after week, we have a passionate support unlike some other teams mentioned who seem completely non plussed by events on the park. I personally don't shout and bawl at our players but won't criticise those who do unless it's over the score. The players can hang around in the town and phone folk up all day but they need to get it right on the park 8 home wins in 2 seasons is not good enough. 

Greer was different class yesterday and was a joy to watch him back in a Killie shirt 

Broadfoot will win everything in the air but he couldnae pass a chip shop 

at fault for the first goal 

Jamie Mac had a couple of dodgy moments yesterday and his distribution is horrendous 

Wilson had a cracking game I felt given he was playing out of position 

Taylor looked a bit lost at times 

Jones & Thomas are two outstanding talents and I am really looking  forward to watching them over the season 

Rory looks a bit feart sometimes I reckon but thought he performed well 

Burke shows real quality aswell and think if he can stay fit and healthy is a great signing 

Frizzel another good performance from him I thought needs Dicker alongside him though 

Boyd - What a strike absolutely outstanding finish 

Erwin - the boys a game changer and reckon if he starts alongside Boyd the two of them could score a decent amount of goals between them 

Power when he came on still looks to be a bit off the pace 

disappointed we didn't get the points, we were poor in the first half but had the momentum in the second half and can't believe we never stuck one of they chances away 

St Johnstone are a dirty team and McLean is a clueless ref which doesn't help matters 

The most irritating part of my day yesterday was when Burke was being subbed some absolute tube sitting behind me (who either was just sitting there as the seat was free or has a ST there now) shouted down to the dugout "That the auld pals act McCulloch" 

i turned round looked at him and he was grinning as if his comment was somehow decent, made sense or was justified 

i couldn't help but shake my head at him and he just continued grinning 

some of our support need to have a word with themselves 

shouting absolute nonsense like that 

you'd expect that from away support but it's out of order on the opening day of the season to be firing the insults 

its a long season and I saw enough yesterday to think while it won't be a walk in the park at all if we can make a few tweaks we have a decent side that is good enough to keep us up and push for a top 6 place 

I think Greer Jones Thomas Erwin Wilson & Frizz & Boydie will be the boys that will be the difference this season 

and lastly Boydie well done yesterday big man what a finish and looked with the partnership of him and Erwin plus the service of Thomas and Jones will score 10+ this season 

:hurrah:

51 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

The fans are not the problem it's the team. People saying they have watched fitba matches all around the globe sounds like you're quite fortunate unlike some fans who's only experience of fitba is Killie and who pay hard earned money to wealthy players who constantly disappoint. The fans have been amazing in terms of passion and loyalty over the last decade and I believe that is where a vast amount of the anger at the players is created. I would hate to go to the match without any passion and just accept inevitable defeat as we are constantly a work in progress. Imagine where we would be if people just accepted lame performances week after week, we have a passionate support unlike some other teams mentioned who seem completely non plussed by events on the park. I personally don't shout and bawl at our players but won't criticise those who do unless it's over the score. The players can hang around in the town and phone folk up all day but they need to get it right on the park 8 home wins in 2 seasons is not good enough. 

Spot on. Fans have been patient beyond belief.

34 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

Greer was different class yesterday and was a joy to watch him back in a Killie shirt 

Broadfoot will win everything in the air but he couldnae pass a chip shop 

at fault for the first goal 

Jamie Mac had a couple of dodgy moments yesterday and his distribution is horrendous 

Wilson had a cracking game I felt given he was playing out of position 

Taylor looked a bit lost at times 

Jones & Thomas are two outstanding talents and I am really looking  forward to watching them over the season 

Rory looks a bit feart sometimes I reckon but thought he performed well 

Burke shows real quality aswell and think if he can stay fit and healthy is a great signing 

Frizzel another good performance from him I thought needs Dicker alongside him though 

Boyd - What a strike absolutely outstanding finish 

Erwin - the boys a game changer and reckon if he starts alongside Boyd the two of them could score a decent amount of goals between them 

Power when he came on still looks to be a bit off the pace 

disappointed we didn't get the points, we were poor in the first half but had the momentum in the second half and can't believe we never stuck one of they chances away 

St Johnstone are a dirty team and McLean is a clueless ref which doesn't help matters 

The most irritating part of my day yesterday was when Burke was being subbed some absolute tube sitting behind me (who either was just sitting there as the seat was free or has a ST there now) shouted down to the dugout "That the auld pals act McCulloch" 

i turned round looked at him and he was grinning as if his comment was somehow decent, made sense or was justified 

i couldn't help but shake my head at him and he just continued grinning 

some of our support need to have a word with themselves 

shouting absolute nonsense like that 

you'd expect that from away support but it's out of order on the opening day of the season to be firing the insults 

its a long season and I saw enough yesterday to think while it won't be a walk in the park at all if we can make a few tweaks we have a decent side that is good enough to keep us up and push for a top 6 place 

I think Greer Jones Thomas Erwin Wilson & Frizz & Boydie will be the boys that will be the difference this season 

and lastly Boydie well done yesterday big man what a finish and looked with the partnership of him and Erwin plus the service of Thomas and Jones will score 10+ this season 

:hurrah:

I thought the referee gave us most of the decisions.

1 hour ago, Malkmus said:

Im not at any point slaging passion. Thats whats we are beteft of. Shuffling in clapping they team out then taking your seats like its the theatre. Thats soul destroying. 

There needs to be a bit of meeting halfway. Yes the team bear the brunt of it but the fans have a part to play. Thats how it works otherwise Bobby Williamson was right.

16 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

Gutted to be honest. First half we didn't look at the races, their goal was horrendous defending from Broadfoot, just let him waltz into box and shoot when he wanted. Second half especially when erwin came on was so much better, almost straight away, flick onto Jones who won the freekick. Boyds strike was an absolute thunderbastard, peach of a goal. After that we dominated and realistically could've scored 2 or 3 more. Disappointing misses. Boyd Linked well with Irwin, Thomas had a great game. Frizzell, Mckenzie were poor today, friz was more down to being marked out game. Jones hardly had a sniff from foster till second half.

refereeing as expected was poor, stop start all game. 

The second saints goal was an embarrasment. Not one player thought put that prick in the air, most likely a free kick away but not  necessarily a goal.

We'll play worse teams this season than st johnstone and i'd fancy our chances. 2 lapses from our defence cost us. Greer on a side note strolled it and looks sharp and didn't seem to tire as game went on

Frizzell was poor! What game were you watching? He took the ball from the centre halfs almost every time we went forward in the first half and was always on scene to break up play. He never put a foot wrong and done a lot of work which obviously has went unnoticed. I thought he was the best player on the park for us. Dom Thomas was exciting and Jordan Jones was got at the full back. Chris Burke could have offered more but I think it was down to fitness. Lee Erwin looked a handful when he came on and linked up well with Boydy. Would be hoping the two of them start in weeks to come as Erwin seemed to play just behind Boyd. 

The second saints goal was a great bit of play from O'Halleron, nobody would have waned to "put that prick in the air" cause ye don't wanty give a free kick away on the edge of your own box. We could/should have been 2 or 3 up by that point, so we only have ourselves to blame, but there were a lot of positives to take from the game, never been so optimism after a home defeat. 

Killie fans are the new mj. Everything is their fault. Defenders that can't do basics like putting in a tackle, midfielders that take 70 minutes to create an opportunity. Must be the fans' fault, not like literally every other support has a few moaners or anything. Oh and can we get rid of that useless striker that actually scores goals while we're at it 

Edited by Killie lad

14 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

Killie fans are the new mj. Everything is their fault. Defenders that can't do basics like putting in a tackle, midfielders that take 70 minutes to create an opportunity. Must be the fans' fault, not like literally every other support has a few moaners or anything. Oh and can we get rid of that useless striker that actually scores goals while we're at it 

Nobody has said its all the fans fault. Your just making things up. 

Do you not agree that the fans have a bigger part to play hovever? Not putting inept performances onto that. But pushing the team through? 

Ive gave my thoughts on the players and some need to improve massivly but some are giveing very encouraging sigins. We need to turn up at the start every one of us. Fans players one tram etc. 

Btw its perfectly acceptable to go through a player but you need to balance it with encouragement when they need it and when they show something good. 

Anyway I think we are gettinh to bogged down in the fams debate. People tend to see the extremes of the argument and thats not helpful.

First half was garbage and the fans were right to feel aggrieved.  Especially going behind to a goal like that.

Second half was better and after the equaliser we were on top for 15 minutes then let St Johnstone creep back in to the game and paid the price.

Getting back to that 15 minutes of dominance in the second half the fans roared on the team.

It's a 2 way thing .

What I take out of it is that while I didn't expect to dominate St Johnstone for 90 minutes I , and I suppose others expect that level of performance for more than 15 minutes. 

Our home firm has been s**t for a few seasons.  Even pre plastic pitch days.

It's simple. Win more home games you get more fans at RP and a better atmosphere. 

Right now at home games there seems to be an acceptance that we are not going to get 3 points.

That needs to change soon.

Very surprised by the tone of the comments on here. I thought we did pretty well yesterday barring a bad first 15 minutes.

If we'd lost to County or Hamilton I'd probably be more worried but Saints are a good team and at the 85 minute mark I think everyone would agree that we matched them. The team will take time to gel.

Apart from getting a bit annoyed that he wouldn't carry the ball 30 yards or so before passing it to Greg Taylor I thought Broadfoot did well yesterday (not as good as Greer though) and we have moved away from the long ball pish that we had against Ayr/last 3 seasons.

Midfield 3 could be ranked as:

Burke - good and wanted the ball.

Frizzell - average start but came into the game and wanted the ball

Rory - f**k off Rory, just can't see what he brings to the team. 4 or 5 managers now have made him a regular so you have to assume they see something I don't but I don't think it's a coincidence that he's been a mainstay through a few different sides now and he's never yet taken command of a game. I just feel like he doesn't want the ball and would rather stand in a safe position with opposition players around him.

When you replace Frizz and Rory in the team with Kiltie and Dicker it should be a lot better, it's also worth giving some leeway to the team yesterday as we had no defensive minded midfielders in the side.

Well done to big Iain Wilson who was superb, although the winning goal started at his side I suppose.

I agree that shouting abuse at the players is bang out and isn't helping but that goes on at every team. You can talk about amazing atmospheres all you like but look at Real Madrid, Ronaldo has near single handedly won them champions leagues and la Liga titles only to have 90000 people on his back if he has a couple of bad games, it happens, everywhere. 

2 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

I agree that shouting abuse at the players is bang out and isn't helping but that goes on at every team. You can talk about amazing atmospheres all you like but look at Real Madrid, Ronaldo has near single handedly won them champions leagues and la Liga titles only to have 90000 people on his back if he has a couple of bad games, it happens, everywhere. 

I fully agree. Im more on about being a bit louder and with the team from the start. If the game goes to s**t then I accept that the fans will get narky. Im the same but sitting and waiting to decide to be pissed or happy dosent help. Thats all im saying.

1 minute ago, cammy_boy said:

I fully agree. Im more on about being a bit louder and with the team from the start. If the game goes to s**t then I accept that the fans will get narky. Im the same but sitting and waiting to decide to be pissed or happy dosent help. Thats all im saying.

Totally agree, don't like hearing people shouting? How about shouting your own encouragement or singing over them. Or just sit quietly and moan about it on the forum after the game.

4 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

Totally agree, don't like hearing people shouting? How about shouting your own encouragement or singing over them. Or just sit quietly and moan about it on the forum after the game.

I never said I dont like people shouting. I dont see where you got that. And trust me I do exactly what you are suggesting. 

1 minute ago, cammy_boy said:

I never said I dont like people shouting. I dont see where you got that. And trust me I do exactly what you are suggesting. 

I never meant you specifically, I'm saying in general anyone who has a problem should put their money where their mouth is and encourage the players instead of doing nothing and then getting on their high horse on the forum 

12 hours ago, piffer said:

It didn't work vs Dumbarton and he changed it. It wasn't working today and he changed it. That's a step in the right direction from last season when he couldn't change it. It wasn't working first half but we never really looked like going further behind.

Just because something worked with half an hour to go doesn't mean it would've worked from the start. Likewise if it's working at the start there are no guarantees it will be successful for ninety minutes.

Yeah but why start with something that didn't work in the last match! Start with something that did work and if that doesn't then change it! Stupidity starting with the same tactics as the first half against Dumbarton