15 mins into the new season...

Bobby14

The baldy guy at the end of my row in the west stand was booing Kirk Broadfoot. "Don't give it to him" was another favourite of his and when Chris Burke was substituted after an hour, he slaughtered Jig for leaving Boyd on. 

Yes, Broadfoot had a poor first half and was at fault for the opener, but 15 mins in?!!!

Was delighted to see Boyd score, thought him and Erwin linked up well together and seemed to shut the guy up. 

1 hour ago, Bobby14 said:

The baldy guy at the end of my row in the west stand was booing Kirk Broadfoot. "Don't give it to him" was another favourite of his and when Chris Burke was substituted after an hour, he slaughtered Jig for leaving Boyd on. 

Yes, Broadfoot had a poor first half and was at fault for the opener, but 15 mins in?!!!

Was delighted to see Boyd score, thought him and Erwin linked up well together and seemed to shut the guy up. 

Broadfoot was poor yet again and cost us a goal - just as he did at Ayr despite the revisionist views of some. He also put Taylor into trouble more than once with either poor passes or passes that should never have been made.

If he wants to know how a centre half should play then he should look at Greer. I think it's ridiculous that Broadfoot is still starting given his performances to date. O'Donnell was dropped, why not Broaodfoot?

2 hours ago, historyman said:

Broadfoot was poor yet again and cost us a goal - just as he did at Ayr despite the revisionist views of some. He also put Taylor into trouble more than once with either poor passes or passes that should never have been made.

If he wants to know how a centre half should play then he should look at Greer. I think it's ridiculous that Broadfoot is still starting given his performances to date. O'Donnell was dropped, why not Broaodfoot?

This. Can't see many if any clean sheets with him in the side.

100% sounds like my dad. I tell him all the time to stop talking nonsense. luckily its not as we are east stand

Dont agree with fans moaning at other fans opinions thou or them vocally expressing them. It would be a boring experience if we all sat and agreed and made no noise, and half the fun is thinking your a football expert for 90minutes, second guessing every decision and trying to guess why something was done. Kirk's a big boy I'm sure he doesn't even hear the fan, let alone pay attention if he did. 

I also think its a bit Hypocritical that other comments allude to vocal fans being clueless about football, by someone with probably as much knowledge as them. If an ex player or coach said he was talking nonsense i would probably listen, However another fan saying it? thats a difference of opinion and is a huge part of the match day experience.

I personally love nothing more than a good hearted argument about a player and have had more than once had to swallow my words. Stevie smith and his goal against hearts springs to mind 30seconds after i slaughtered him at length to our group.

36 minutes ago, Onlyonecolinmckee said:

100% sounds like my dad. I tell him all the time to stop talking nonsense. luckily its not as we are east stand

Dont agree with fans moaning at other fans opinions thou or them vocally expressing them. It would be a boring experience if we all sat and agreed and made no noise, and half the fun is thinking your a football expert for 90minutes, second guessing every decision and trying to guess why something was done. Kirk's a big boy I'm sure he doesn't even hear the fan, let alone pay attention if he did. 

I also think its a bit Hypocritical that other comments allude to vocal fans being clueless about football, by someone with probably as much knowledge as them. If an ex player or coach said he was talking nonsense i would probably listen, However another fan saying it? thats a difference of opinion and is a huge part of the match day experience.

I personally love nothing more than a good hearted argument about a player and have had more than once had to swallow my words. Stevie smith and his goal against hearts springs to mind 30seconds after i slaughtered him at length to our group.

Like yesterday, when we groaned and said " Boyd's just going to blooter it again :)

Theres plenty in the stands like that. I enjoy hearing a couple of fans round me who each have up to 4 or 5 players marked down as not to be passed to in any circumstances, and on top of that, never shall a pass be played unless it goes at least ten yards forward!

everyone is entitled to their opinion, but in my opinion booing, shouting "dont pass to him", "get him off" etc doesnt really constitute supporting the team at any time, particularly right at the start of a game.

im sure i remember more positive times, when the crowd used to cheer the team on after losing a goal.

the way i see it, shouting abuse at players in our own team has almost no possible benefit. It isnt going to make the slightest bit of difference to what the manager does, and its only going to detract further from the players performance levels. Each to their own, everyone pays their money, but im sure the experience for everyone would generally be better if the frustration could be channelled into something positive.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but this cannot be a good atmosphere for the players to go out and perform in, and if fans have any kind of role to play at all, it will be to provide a good positive, atmosphere for their team to play in.

Our home record is rubbish, I think there is a link to the general negative atmosphere when we play at home.

The fans are loud enough when we get a goal etc. but that's the easy part of being a fan. I don't get the fact that we all pay money to watch the team therefore we can shout what we like at them.

Living 200miles away I do not get to many games these days, I only made it to one league cup game and the Aberdeen game last season. The atmosphere is non existent, even back in the dark days of lower division football in the late 70s crowds of 1500 were giving more support. I was shocked at both games at the average age of the support we have a very low number of young supporters. The club need to do more to get people in, we had a smaller crowd than St. Mirren on the opening day of the season.

We should look at clubs like Bradford and Huddersfield both were struggling with low crowds, they slashed prices, gave schools free tickets and got the crowds up both are now flying.

We should all remember we are Supporters, get behind the players make some noise when things go well and keep the booing and jeering for the opposition.

10 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

I'd never give it to broadfoot--he's f**kbg rubbish and also a bigot ---?is that ok ??

1 hour ago, Kfcinlancashire said:

Living 200miles away I do not get to many games these days, I only made it to one league cup game and the Aberdeen game last season. The atmosphere is non existent, even back in the dark days of lower division football in the late 70s crowds of 1500 were giving more support. I was shocked at both games at the average age of the support we have a very low number of young supporters. The club need to do more to get people in, we had a smaller crowd than St. Mirren on the opening day of the season.

We should look at clubs like Bradford and Huddersfield both were struggling with low crowds, they slashed prices, gave schools free tickets and got the crowds up both are now flying.

We should all remember we are Supporters, get behind the players make some noise when things go well and keep the booing and jeering for the opposition.

Don't think the attendance figure give was a true one there was something wrong with the scanner system at the east stand and the operator was marking on a piece of paper as we went in so maybe human error in the final tally perhaps?