Open day

Thirdwatch1965

12 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

Well done to everyone taking part. This is only a suggestion why not ask biffy clyro to play a concert at rugby park and base a open day around this. 

Not feasible to combine them.  You would be looking at a sell out crowd for Biffy so around 14,000 gig goers.  There would be no space in and around RP for other activities. 

A Biffy gig or 2 at Rugby Park needs to happen though.

6 minutes ago, Merk said:

Not feasible to combine them.  You would be looking at a sell out crowd for Biffy so around 14,000 gig goers.  There would be no space in and around RP for other activities. 

A Biffy gig or 2 at Rugby Park needs to happen though.

Think more than 14,000 what about the ones on the park. Yes your right mate 

4 hours ago, Killiestevo said:

It was brilliant to be involved in the legends match yesterday and the addition of the Biffy boys to the line-up took the experience up another notch.  Hopefully this becomes an annual thing once again and can serve as an added incentive for folks to get involved with Trust In Killie.

The ex-pros involved based on the team lines on arrival were:

Hooky's Heros: Garry Hay, Rusty Harkness, Robert Reilly, Lee McCulloch & Stuart McLean

Monty's Marvels: Ray Montgomerie. Derrick McDicken, Peter Leven, Tommy Tait & Jim Todd

The Biffy guys all played in Monty's team, as did Billy Bowie who turned out in goals.

I hope somebody told McLean to have a word with his son about his performances at TTOP'S :2:

16 minutes ago, skygod said:

Anybody got any idea of numbers of season tickets and strips sold, and TiK sign-ups?

There weren't a lot of home strips left on the hooks. I've got season tickets at about 3200 but who knows for sure. I asked Cathy at the open day and there weren't any sign ups as yet but it was early in the day, they had just handed out leaflets. 

I think it's maybe worth the trust trying to get the Killie crest somewhere in their advertising. 

A lot of the non forum dwelling killie fans will probably not know a great deal of the trust or what they do. The killie trust logo doesn't scream kilmarnock football club (apart from the words of course). Now that the club are being positive about the trust would this not be something to consider?  

Edited by PrestersKtid

36 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

There weren't a lot of home strips left on the hooks. I've got season tickets at about 3200 but who knows for sure. I asked Cathy at the open day and there weren't any sign ups as yet but it was early in the day, they had just handed out leaflets. 

I think it's maybe worth the trust trying to get the Killie crest somewhere in their advertising. 

A lot of the non forum dwelling killie fans will probably not know a great deal of the trust or what they do. The killie trust logo doesn't scream kilmarnock football club (apart from the words of course). Now that the club are being positive about the trust would this not be something to consider?  

The club logo is on our main leaflets, its on the advertising for the Roadshows and the Legends match, in fact I think we've put it on pretty much everything. It's normally in the background with the trust logo, equally featured, with the TIK logo as the focus. I take your point though, what we actually need is the club to put it out there a bit more. They do when we ask but we really shouldn't have to ask as there is technically more in this for them than there is for anyone else. I think we (the club and TIK) are suffering at the minute because Chris Kyle who used to do the social media now has a much more arduous task of video analyst, but is still trying to cover social media until the new media and marketing person comes in. Hopefully when that happens there will be a clearer strategy and more opportunity to get stuff out there.

38 minutes ago, baz said:

The club logo is on our main leaflets, its on the advertising for the Roadshows and the Legends match, in fact I think we've put it on pretty much everything. It's normally in the background with the trust logo, equally featured, with the TIK logo as the focus. I take your point though, what we actually need is the club to put it out there a bit more. They do when we ask but we really shouldn't have to ask as there is technically more in this for them than there is for anyone else. I think we (the club and TIK) are suffering at the minute because Chris Kyle who used to do the social media now has a much more arduous task of video analyst, but is still trying to cover social media until the new media and marketing person comes in. Hopefully when that happens there will be a clearer strategy and more opportunity to get stuff out there.

If only I was social media savvy I would volunteer until such time as the club hire someone. (Work away most days so have spare time at night at hotel)

On 06/08/2017 at 7:31 PM, TommyG said:

Found it all a bit meh. But I have no kids so the shows are a waste of time for me. The highlight was the Legends match so I'm not sure why it was on so early, could have been longer as well and I think there were more celebs than legends. I look forward to seeing what the new media and marketing person can do with it. Have it in July for starters before the season proper starts, maybe better chance of good weather but you never know in Scotland.

I believe the club contacted lots of ex players, they wanted the full 97 team to play. Time of year and other commitments meant it wasn't possible for many. Can't really fault the club.

Do agree with the time of it. 2pm would have been perfect imo, though the 20/20 lads woulda been on the booze before the game if that was the case, I have no doubt!

I think this is a good time for it weekend of first game and a Scottish bank holiday Monday....don't know many who were off though.

Edited by under5

2 hours ago, baz said:

I was more meaning the fire eagle logo thing. I don't really get it I couldn't see the killie crest on the big banner at the stall but maybe wasn't looking hard enough. 

Agree re social media. Club need to do more 

I'd honestly hope after 14 years that most Killie fans would recognise the Trust logo!

This is some of the artwork we've used on the Stands at RP and on advertising banners in the town (including the roller banner....

FrankBeattieCarPark.jpg.9b51864b58a906755d1921afd2547ed6.jpg

TIKlampost.jpg.fe5020f8a64dc2d6ebdad5b8f660b71e.jpg                     TIKroller.jpg.d5f13351701e90e0634f930db5cc680a.jpg

Personally I would remove "call yourself a supporter" from all future banners.

try and take away any negative connotations from the advert and make it as positive as possible.

im fully aware there are two messages being stated here, but it gives those who want to be anti-Trust an excuse to highlight a "them and us" approach.

we should all be in it together

4 minutes ago, BLTM said:

try and take away any negative connotations from the advert and make it as positive as possible.

im fully aware there are two messages being stated here, but it gives those who want to be anti-Trust an excuse to highlight a "them and us" approach.

I did think that as well last night but refrained from posting it.

It's a very passive-agressive stance IMO.

36 minutes ago, casual observer said:

It wasn't a bank holiday in Scotland, that's the last Monday in Aug. 

Officially, the Summer Bank Holiday in Scotland is the first Monday in August.

However, all banks remain open on the first Monday and still close on the last Monday of the month, even though it isn’t a bank holiday here.

2 hours ago, BLTM said:

The fact we are even discussing it means it works and that's the point. Some folk don't like it, some folk think its genius, the bottom line is it only insults them if they are looking to be insulted and its only negative if they are already in "glass half full" mode. Anyone who needs an excuse not to sign up will find one, if they claim its because they don't like a slogan or don't understand it then that's a pretty poor excuse if you ask me...we could remove the text and they'd not sign up because they don't like the shade of blue. In essence, we are treating people like adults and if they wish to behave like kids then there is not a lot we can do without sounding patronising to everyone else.

Not signing up to an initiative that will benefit the club and the support because you can't afford it at the moment is understandable, not signing up because there is a sentence somewhere in the campaign artwork that may or may not mean more than one thing is something completely different. To cut a long story short I spoke to several media and marketing professionals about this when we came up with the first artwork and they were of the opinion that it hit the mark and advised us to leave out punctuation to make it even more ambiguous and engage more people...so we did...and no one has mentioned anything about any of the other artwork at all. Plus it would be a pain in the arse and cost a lot of money to go back and change it all and we don't have the manpower or the money to waste on pandering to people who will only find another excuse to not get involved. As the adage goes, its sad but true.

17 minutes ago, baz said:

The fact we are even discussing it means it works and that's the point. Some folk don't like it, some folk think its genius, the bottom line is it only insults them if they are looking to be insulted and its only negative if they are already in "glass half full" mode. Anyone who needs an excuse not to sign up will find one, if they claim its because they don't like a slogan or don't understand it then that's a pretty poor excuse if you ask me...we could remove the text and they'd not sign up because they don't like the shade of blue. In essence, we are treating people like adults and if they wish to behave like kids then there is not a lot we can do without sounding patronising to everyone else.

Not signing up to an initiative that will benefit the club and the support because you can't afford it at the moment is understandable, not signing up because there is a sentence somewhere in the campaign artwork that may or may not mean more than one thing is something completely different. To cut a long story short I spoke to several media and marketing professionals about this when we came up with the first artwork and they were of the opinion that it hit the mark and advised us to leave out punctuation to make it even more ambiguous and engage more people...so we did...and no one has mentioned anything about any of the other artwork at all. Plus it would be a pain in the arse and cost a lot of money to go back and change it all and we don't have the manpower or the money to waste on pandering to people who will only find another excuse to not get involved. As the adage goes, its sad but true.

Or in short, some fans need to grow the f**k up and see the big picture and stop being so petty? There is only a "them and us" for those who want there to be, what exactly do "Anti-Trust" fans stand for? The club and the trust are colluding on the trust in killie campaign, I don't see how there can be an "Anti" stance on anything.

I think there needs to be more public involvement from the club. I've seen very little evidence of the club being involved bar a couple of "I'm in" videos from club staff or players, and i think there's been one or two posts on the clubs facebook page. I know the club are backing this initiative but I think many people see it as "The Trusts" idea, and unfortunately there are an abnormal amount of fans who seems to get their back up when the trust is mentioned for one reason or another. Maybe the club can put a permanent article or link on the homepage of the official site, which links to info on TiK and how to sign up. They have permanent advertisements for the Park Hotel and BBs company on there, so I don't see how this would be an issue. I think it's a case of ramming as much TiK info down the fans throats via the club as possible, as some fans will only be persuaded to sign up once they see that this is being backed by the club. Another issue is that a lot of fans don't visit the club websites, this forum or facebook/twitter etc. For those fans we need to arrange more involvement on match days. One possible idea would be to have the draws for the TiK prizes to be done live at half time. Someone could speak a bit about the initiative and then do the draw, maybe even with someone like John Kiltie picking the winner. The club could be asked if they would provide an advertisement hoarding inside the ground free of charge to promote TiK, they could also provide space in the match programmes etc. Just a few ideas there but the crux of it being there needs to be more club involvement in my opinion.

Good ideas, we have had meeting of late in which we've looked at getting more on the ground and less digital, although it is difficult these days. We already have advertising space (3) but they are on the outside of the ground, we're in same situation there as the programme...if they can sell it and get cash then we would rather they do that. We are hopeful that the new marketing/media person will see the benefits of a joined up approach, we can offer a lot more than we actually want back. The club do need to get involved more, they are the ultimate benefactors here.

The draw idea might be a goer, that's on the agenda already...what we really have to do it get people out there handing out leaflets and explaining as well. Rather than ask for volunteers on an ongoing basis as we have previously, we might target specific matches and events and ask people if they would be willing to spare a few hours to help...this might get a better response than people thinking they are getting roped in to everything and they can't commit so refrain from offering help. As in we need four people to hand out leaflets at this Saturday's match from 12:45 until 2:45. Do you think that approach will help?