tic (a) 08/08/17 (bet) fred

CB

When will people understand that clubs don't advertise vacancies any more because they don't need to?

When did you last see a senior management job advertised? 

Hearts didn't advertise yet people like McClaren and Freedman seem to have applied. 

Because of the internet and agents, vacancies are known about almost as soon as the previous incumbent is sacked. Clubs are inundated with applications. 

Sticking a small ad in the Daiy Record is for junior clubs.

It's how clubs respond to the masses of applications which is important. 

Just now, skygod said:

When will people understand that clubs don't advertise vacancies any more because they don't need to?

When did you last see a senior management job advertised? 

Hearts didn't advertise yet people like McClaren and Freedman seem to have applied. 

Because of the internet and agents, vacancies are known about almost as soon as the previous incumbent is sacked. Clubs are inundated with applications. 

Sticking a small ad in the Daiy Record is for junior clubs.

It's how clubs respond to the masses of applications which is important. 

I don't think the problem was lack of advertising, it seems it was just McCullochs and that was that. Which, to be fair, is what the players wanted and every "fitba man" pundit said should happen. Still think we had a chance to make a bold decision and bungled it. Desperately hope I'm wrong and we can see more of the positives than the negatives. 

Players are the last people who should dictate who the manager is. 

The players wanted Locke FFS!

Would you rather have a gaffer you know (and can possibly manipulate) or the uncertainty of a new man coming in with his own ideas and who may very well not fancy you?

Edited by skygod

I don't think there should be a rush to judge McCulloch on the back of a thrashing by Celtic. I asked my Tic supporting pal when they last lost a domestic game and he couldn't even remember! They are more dominant in the Scottish game right now than in the years when they were reaching European Cup finals.

We all agree that on paper we have a much stronger squad than last year so let's give the manager a little bit of time to see if he can get the best out of them.

10 hours ago, Killie1970 said:

For all the optimism during pre season and players phoning fans and whatever, ultimately it will be performances and results that will get fans back to support the team. So far, we've lost to our biggest rivals, lost our first league game (at home, again) and put in an inept performance against a weakend Celtic who pumped us into oblivion. Not exactly convincing anyone. Still, it's early days:3:  

You are absolutely right - it has been hugely disappointing as we quite rightly expected more but it is still early days.

Also, on the plus side the strip is definitely better than last year's.

4 minutes ago, historyman said:

I don't think there should be a rush to judge McCulloch on the back of a thrashing by Celtic. I asked my Tic supporting pal when they last lost a domestic game and he couldn't even remember! They are more dominant in the Scottish game right now than in the years when they were reaching European Cup finals.

We all agree that on paper we have a much stronger squad than last year so let's give the manager a little bit of time to see if he can get the best out of them.

It's as if a thumping by celtic is a new thing. The 'I told you so brigade' having a field day. 

Anyone else getting a sense of deja vu with all the it's early days give the team time to settle rhetoric. I've no confidence in the manager didn't think he was the right appointment just the easy option again. Seriously hope he gets it together and not reading the same posts this time next season 

2 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

Anyone else getting a sense of deja vu with all the it's early days give the team time to settle rhetoric. I've no confidence in the manager didn't think he was the right appointment just the easy option again. Seriously hope he gets it together and not reading the same posts this time next season 

I get your point but I still feel much more positive than last year because to be honest even me, with my untrained eye, could tell that the vast majority of the players that Clark had signed were not good enough.
We definitely have better players this year, hopefully we also have a manager and coaching staff that can get the best out of them. That's still the big unknown.

2 hours ago, Malkmus said:

Anyone else getting a sense of deja vu with all the "it's early days, give the team time to settle" rhetoric.

IMO McCulloch is a step up from AJ and Locke. Whether that step is enough to make a difference, well "it's early days". The squad does look better than last term but whether its good enough to make any difference remains to be seen. We have been gubed by Ayr,  are oot the League Cup and off to a poor start in the league, admittedly to Ceptic and after only one game. So .... "it's early days."  

43 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

IMO McCulloch is a step up from AJ and Locke. Whether that step is enough to make a difference, well "it's early days". The squad does look better than last term but whether its good enough to make any difference remains to be seen. We have been gubed by Ayr,  are oot the League Cup and off to a poor start in the league, admittedly to Ceptic and after only one game. So .... "it's early days."  

"Groundhog day" more like

51 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

What's people are concerned about is the manner of the defeat. As against St Johnstone, for long periods, we appear clueless.

It's not just the two games this week. Had Ayr had more composure they'd have hit a couple more goals. Had Clyde, Annan and Dumbarton had anything about them we were there for the taking. The league cup performances although doing what was asked were rotten. We didnt show up until the second half of the two home ties, we didn't show up at all against Ayr and stuttered along in dreadful conditions at Annan. The writing was on the wall that a half decent team could potentially take a few goals of us and that's exactly what Celtic did.

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

What's people are concerned about is the manner of the defeat. As against St Johnstone, for long periods, we appear clueless.

I thought for 20 mins second half v st johnstone we played some great stuff. Agree first half was poor. Early days.

If a professional footballer needs his manager to reiterate the fact that they can win a football match then something is badly wrong. 

Likewise, if a fan thinks Neil McCann saying that 'players have to believe they can win' would be any different to what McCulloch says to his players then they really are from another planet. 

Reality is Dundee will get cuffed. As will every side in Scotland this year by Celtic. Again.