Emails

diamond_geezer

We had a wee glitch yesterday at work . External emails not sent or received . Systems department told everybody and sorted it , because that's what they do. 

I emailed the club 2 weeks ago  , about something that would be revenue for them . No matter what it was . I realised yesterday that I hadn't had an answer or acknowledgement . So I sent an email enquiring what the state of play was. Did get an answer . Apparently a problem with emails . For 2 weeks ? I'm not a systems chap , but is that remotely likely ? 

2 hours ago, diamond_geezer said:

We had a wee glitch yesterday at work . External emails not sent or received . Systems department told everybody and sorted it , because that's what they do. 

I emailed the club 2 weeks ago  , about something that would be revenue for them . No matter what it was . I realised yesterday that I hadn't had an answer or acknowledgement . So I sent an email enquiring what the state of play was. Did get an answer . Apparently a problem with emails . For 2 weeks ? I'm not a systems chap , but is that remotely likely ? 

Possible?  Yes.

Likely?  I don't buy it.  "Problem with emails" means that they read it and moved on.

The club still haven't got back to me about my email many moons ago regarding a security vulnerability that exists on their new site. I know for certain that it still exists.  Someone more technically gifted than me could probably run rings around the club.  I'm a good c**t though, so won't bother trying.

I certainly won't be using their online shop any time soon.

20 hours ago, diamond_geezer said:

Depends on the problem. If it's major, like not being able to send or receive, then no. If it's a problem limited to certain addresses, then that could drag on if it isn't affecting everyone.

As for the Killie shop vulnerability, you'd be better off getting in touch with Centrum Web (Active Office), as they seem to develop and host the site.

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 0:10 PM, diamond_geezer said:

.......... but is that remotely likely ? 

We have a full time team of people to fix s**t like this within hours. If you are a business you could loose serious money because of IT failures. 

On the other hand as mentioned above it could have gone into an unmonitored in-box.

So it is possible but doesn't say much about how the business is run.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2016 at 2:46 PM, undefined said:

"Problem with emails" means that they read it and moved on.

Whilst it wouldn't surprise me that their mail was gubbed for two weeks, given how disjointed the club is, i think the simplest answer is probably the truth.