Hearts (h) Fred 12/08

CB

When you watched Hearts today Goncalves constantly drifted and tried to pull our defence around. When O'Hallaron came on last week it was the same. I'm watching Man City just now and they have great movement. I watched Celtic and Thistle last night and they were constantly moving. We are too static. People are quick to blame Boyd but it's not just him. We were static all over the park. 

Much as I like Jones and Thomas they do their running with the ball. It's rare we see them making clever runs for a pass. McKenzie found the biggest Hearts player and hid behind him. The front two were too close to the CBs. One should be moving at least. Erwin is quick why not show in behind rather than battle for the high ball. 

I definitely feel that the reason the defence is struggling is because of the severe lack of cover coming from the non existent midfield in front of them, a midfield 2 of Frizzell and McKenzie is never going to be able to cope with the majority of Premiership midfields and in a way I don't really blame those two personally because it seems a kind of "square pegs in round holes" situation, McKenzie started off as a striker, then winger and now a centre mid and in every one of those positions the word I would use to describe him is "meh". I still believe Frizzell will come good but he seems to be the type of player I would have as back up to Killie when fit and play him in between the midfield and striker.

Hearts were poor as well which makes it even more frustrating that we never took anything from this game, next week I'd have Higgins in for Broadfoot and hopefully he does enough to keep him out the team for good because that's 2 weeks in a row he has really struggled.

Also I see Martin Woods (ex Ross County CM) was at the game today so is he one of the ones Mculloch is considering? Not sure he's the type of player I'd be going for but at least it's slightly a more physical option.

Decided to wait until I was home before commenting. 130 mile round trip to watch, what I was hoping was an improvement on our last home game. 

Whst do I think now - we are in a worst state than ever and I'm the optimist among us. Absolutely shocking and what makes it worse is LM thinks that we deserved more, really ? What game was he watching?

i think I'm a pretty honest,pragmatic person, especially when it comes to footbal &  KFC,  but we are crap and our manager is losing any credibility he had left by expecting fans to believe his utter drivel post match.

6 minutes ago, AndyKTID said:

Also I see Martin Woods (ex Ross County CM) was at the game today so is he one of the ones Mculloch is considering? Not sure he's the type of player I'd be going for but at least it's slightly a more physical option.

Think this is exactly the type of player we need. 

It's not players, or managers. Our club has been in decline for years. We have an 18,000 seat stadium - do I need to say more?

we have a new energetic board, post MJ , who have invested for the season. Look at us arguing amongst ourselves, telling each other how s***e our manager and team are after 2 league games and a cup game. 

Unbelievably I am worried because it's the worst I've seen at this stage of the season since I started following the club, many moons ago 

57 minutes ago, iainmaccoll said:

Thought wilson was pretty solid at rb 2day got slated last season( from all the regular retards that have prob never even played football ie speckyhotdog and his  dumb-ass friends) for commenting last season the hes never a cm but could make a good rb i still dont rate him but a bit more confidence and gametime and be our own ivanovic 

dont remeber slating you but clearly it had a long term effect on you as you're still hanging onto it now 

however if you would like to discuss calling me a ****** in person at the Celtic game next week let me know with a pm and we can do that 

32 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

Now that MJ is gone we should be doing everything we can in our power to bring back Kenny Shiels. First man in a generation to have a long term plan for the club beyond the end of the season

I love Kenny. We all love Kenny. However have you forgotten how garbage we were at the end of his time ? Hopefully Lee comes good but if not I personally wouldn't go and appoint Kenny again.

WTF is going on at our club we are easily the WORST team any of us have seen playing on our plastic fantastic pitch makes you wonder what actually goes on at training with our coaching staff because whatever it is it goes oot the windae at the beginning of each match it is becoming more and more frustrating to come and watch us when you are expecting to be served up more dung! It is not good enough Lee!

1 hour ago, iainmaccoll said:

Thought wilson was pretty solid at rb 2day got slated last season( from all the regular retards that have prob never even played football ie speckyhotdog and his  dumb-ass friends) for commenting last season the hes never a cm but could make a good rb i still dont rate him but a bit more confidence and gametime and be our own ivanovic 

That was was a quick reply sadsac dont give it out if u cant take it were all on the same team here ya bell end and if u want 2 be the big man and meet up next week il be in the sports bar jst call out my name and well talk ya fud

Sorry but a reality check needed. If mcKenzie had taken his chance. Or if we had someone that cab curl in a free kick rather than rely on Boyd to blast it we would have taken a point. We lost a shocker of a goal due to an individual error and had some poor refereeing decisions go against us. Personally thought we bossed the 2nd half and there wasn't much between the 2 teams. Hearts were poor but so are most teams in the SPL. Don't expect anything against Celtic but don't think there is much to choose from with everyone else. Sorry for not being as negative as most.

11 minutes ago, malcr0 said:

Sorry but a reality check needed. If mcKenzie had taken his chance. Or if we had someone that cab curl in a free kick rather than rely on Boyd to blast it we would have taken a point. We lost a shocker of a goal due to an individual error and had some poor refereeing decisions go against us. Personally thought we bossed the 2nd half and there wasn't much between the 2 teams. Hearts were poor but so are most teams in the SPL. Don't expect anything against Celtic but don't think there is much to choose from with everyone else. Sorry for not being as negative as most.

The only reality that matters is we've lost to our local rivals, have been knocked out of a cup and needed to take 4 points from our first 2 home league games and we've took none. 

now we play Celtic next week. . .

that's reality

7 minutes ago, malcr0 said:

He said, she said, if buts and maybes. That's 4 of the starting 11. Sorry, for the sarcasm, but didn't see the game the same way. We are all over the place and to get beat by a team who are at best in turmoil is embarrassing to say the least. Shocking display and I can only repeat that I found the manager's post match comments insulting.

2 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

The only reality that matters is we've lost to our local rivals, have been knocked out of a cup and needed to take 4 points from our first 2 home league games and we've took none. 

now we play Celtic next week. . .

that's reality

Bang on.

Reality check for the optimists 

51 minutes ago, iainmaccoll said:

That was was a quick reply sadsac dont give it out if u cant take it were all on the same team here ya bell end and if u want 2 be the big man and meet up next week il be in the sports bar jst call out my name and well talk ya fud

Aye that's what we'll do I'll swagger in like Begby shout your name and you me Spud and Renton can all talk this over 

I don't mind comments back but calling folk retards ? 

Another keyboard warrior and if you want to talk about it pm me