sellick (h) fred 19/08

CB

Some people talk utter s**te on here. We played well. Not one player had a howler. We were outclassed which can be expected, but the players can hold their head up high after that. So much better than the performance at parkhead. We defended well for the majority of the game and got the ball up the park when we got the chance. Unlucky not to score a couple of times. Definite signs of improvement.

1 minute ago, Calummoore86 said:

Some people talk utter s**te on here. We played well. Not one player had a howler. We were outclassed which can be expected, but the players can hold their head up high after that. So much better than the performance at parkhead. We defended well for the majority of the game and got the ball up the park when we got the chance. Unlucky not to score a couple of times. Definite signs of improvement.

Totally agree with this, I can see seeds of improvement . 

7 minutes ago, Calummoore86 said:

Talk about deluded 

6 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

Ok then Mourinho care to give us your take on the performance ? 

We put in a performance that wasn't an embarrassment to the name of professional football against a team of reserves and players that played a couple of nights ago and everything is fine. Let's just pretend that's it's ok that one of our best players can't put a ball in to the box 

Edited by Killie lad

First game I've seen this season.

Best for me was Greer, and O Donnell seemed fairly comfortable. Boyd is not, never was, and never will be  a lone striker, but I guess circumstances with Erwin forced the hand a wee bit today.

McKenzie, I honestly don't remember him touching the ball. Frizzell appears very lightweight, gets brushed aside too easily but that could be said about half our team. The pass back to our keeper from the half way line was dispiriting too see. We seem to lack confidence in possession, speed of thought and basic ball control, the latter being very common in most Scottish teams to be fair.

Above all it has to be remembered that Celtic are unbeaten in 51 games, so it's not just us who are getting toyed with.

Next week is a game we should be fired up for and looking to win, from first minute to last....mon the Killie :hurrah:

36 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

The first game i've seen since Falkirk 2016 due to the time differences.

A few observations:

1. Boyd up front, particularly on his own, is a complete waste of a shirt.

2. Thank christ we've signed Gordon Greer.

3. Stephen O'Donnell will probably be a decent player for us.

4. Why does Rory McKenzie still get a game?

5. Get the grass back. Or at the very least, extend the perimeters so that it doesn't resemble a seven-a-side-pitch.

6. The sight of some middle-aged men who have been born and brought up in Scotland, pretending that they're Irish for 90 minutes, will continue to be a source of amusement for me.

Agreed

Just now, Killie lad said:

We put in a performance that wasn't an embarrassment to the name of professional football against a team of reserves and players that played a couple of nights a go and everything is fine. Let's just pretend that's it's ok that one of our best players can't put a ball in to the box 

Gordon Tierney Armstrong Rogic Forrest McGregor Brown aye they're proper reserve players