sellick (h) fred 19/08

CB

8 hours ago, piffer said:

Thought there were plenty of positives. They had all the possession but a lot of it was pointless passing as opposed to penetrating play. Only a few times did they really stretch us.

Back four had a good shape. They were marching to the best of the same drum today which made a change. O'Donnell looked good and will get more against poorer sides. Greer looked very comfortable. Taylor had a strong game where he's drifted in an out of the last two. I thought Wilson did well. A couple of close calls but tackled well and tried not to wast possession. The guy beside me was moaning from the warmup and gave him almighty ping for not getting the ball to Boyd quick enough all game.

Midfield was better. Smith gave us a good hour and gave us some aggression in there. Frizzell looked more comfortable in the more advanced role. He did struggle with the physicality today at times. We couldn't isolate Jones on the fullback enough. Ralston is a good player but felt we could have attacked him more. Thomas was a different option in the centre. He did ok but I felt he was holding back. McKenzie did the defensive stuff and covered O'Donnell's runs. His confidence looks shot though. He's struggled for form in CM and IMO it's affecting him. 

Boyd put more effort in than he has. He tried to battle with Ajer and Tierney and had some decent hold up play. He wasn't the man to lead the line though. We needed someone to run at them or in behind. 

Brophy looked OK when he came on. Very unlucky with his chance from the corner I'd have liked to see him right on the shoulder of the back four to see what he could do.

if would put the work in last week or the week before that we did today then we'd have faired better against weaker opponents. For everyone saying it's Celtic reserves everyone in a green jersey today would be in the match day squad of 10 if not 11 of the other clubs in the league. Miller and Ralston look real talents and we were raving about Ajer last year.

Todays the start. There were positives but it means nothing if we don't kick on from here. Accies next week is vitally important

Absolutely spot on , positive feedback which I totally agree with . Far too many folk on here just can't wait to moan and boy do they seem to thrive on it.

18 hours ago, killiefife said:

Celtic strolled this one. Thought that Greer was decent.

On a side note. While I would still prefer a grass pitch I did not see Celtic having any difficulty passing accurately on the surface or difficulty in controlling the ball. They passed us to death. Again the pitch is used by some as an excuse for the lack of basic football skills.

Spot on. I don't like the pitch either and it will be replaced if/when we build our training centre. However it's not the pitch it's the players. Other teams love coming here and playing passes about on the deck.

9 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I agree it was not a good time to introduce someone  new. My point was he had no impact on the game.

Really disagree with this. Made a lot of good runs, gave us a better out ball and harried the Celtic defenders. It though there were posties there. I'd have had making a nusicance from the start rather than Boyd. 

11 hours ago, gdevoy said:

You mean he got a touch on it? Well f**k me he touched the ball in 20 minutes on the park, what a master signing..  

There are better ways of saying that he had no impact on the game.

He probably had had only a very few training sessions with his teammates.

But let's write him off anyway...

10 hours ago, skygod said:

There are better ways of saying that he had no impact on the game.

He probably had had only a very few training sessions with his teammates.

But let's write him off anyway...

Too much beer mixed with frustration.

It was not the best judged time to start him. To me, much like Burke when he came on for Thomas, the game passed him by. Probably just not fully fit TBH.   

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:49 AM, gdevoy said:

I agree it was not a good time to introduce someone  new. My point was he had no impact on the game.

Apart from nearly scoring an equaliser, showing more movement in his brief spell than Boyd and the others did all game? Aye, ok then.

Give him a chance for christ sake.