Pathetic Support.

Charlie's Dad

Drove to the game as always , got parked in my usual place, walked through their lot and apart from their usual singing etc didn't see any behaviour from them that would have me worried that there was bother brewing 

people have their reasons for not going I'm not going to start commenting on whether it's right or wrong 

it is a scunner sitting there seeing the stands as sparse as they were today and seeing that lot perform choreographed singing and clapping while we sit there in the minority 

an absolute scunner 

14 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

Drove to the game as always , got parked in my usual place, walked through their lot and apart from their usual singing etc didn't see any behaviour from them that would have me worried that there was bother brewing 

people have their reasons for not going I'm not going to start commenting on whether it's right or wrong 

it is a scunner sitting there seeing the stands as sparse as they were today and seeing that lot perform choreographed singing and clapping while we sit there in the minority 

an absolute scunner 

It's a joke. The snowflakes on here aren't prepared to listen to anyone who tells them there's no problem. What football world did they grow up in, in the west of Scotland? Have they never heard swearing before? I found nothing particularly offensive today apart form our fans deserting their team. Maybe if we had more supporters with cajones we could drown out their songs.

9 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

If the fans can't be bothered to turn up for games like this why should the team!

The fans turned for the last two games when the team didn't.

its up to the club/team to entice fans to the game. Accepting defeat to Celtic before the match has even started is hardly encouraging fans back. Wasn't the fans that were embarrassing today it was our tactics and lack of self belief. 26% possession and not 1 shot on target against Celtic reserves. People could read the script before the game and decided to do something else with their valuable free time.

me? I golf on a sat morning and wasn't changing this week for a midday kick off for a game we had already given up on. The manager hardly encouraged us with his pre match comments. 

Just now, boydiesback said:

The fans turned for the last two games when the team didn't.

its up to the club/team to entice fans to the game. Accepting defeat to Celtic before the match has even started is hardly encouraging fans back. Wasn't the fans that were embarrassing today it was our tactics and lack of self belief. 26% possession and not 1 shot on target against Celtic reserves. People could read the script before the game and decided to do something else with their valuable free time.

me? I golf on a sat morning and wasn't changing this week for a midday kick off for a game we had already given up on. The manager hardly encouraged us with his pre match comments. 

I always think supporters support, and don't need " enticed " back. I'm talking about our core support here, not even newbies. I agree the club need to try something new to build the support for these games for floating supporters. Option to include in family season ticket, vouchers for subsequent games, bring a friend for free ( or two ) etc etc

2 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

Can guarantee if we played OF in a cup final all the folk who say they'll never go to a game against them will be there with bells on. 

Unbelievably, a significant number missed one of the greatest days ever as a Killie fan when they gave up on us in 2012. Serves them right :) 

Just now, Mclean07 said:

I always think supporters support, and don't need " enticed " back. I'm talking about our core support here, not even newbies. I agree the club need to try something new to build the support for these games for floating supporters. Option to include in family season ticket, vouchers for subsequent games, bring a friend for free ( or two ) etc etc

I know, it's not excactly rocket science is it?

Hoping the new board member has at least half a clue

I didn't go, as I have stopped going to OF games. I was at the 2012 League Cup Final - an obvious exception!

However, I have attended such glorious episodes in the past such as a 2-1 League defeat to East Stirling, during the last 50 years.

I don't consider myself to be a better or worse Killie fan than anyone else. Living in Dunblane and playing golf on a Saturday limits my attendance. 

I will attend several games over the season, but no OF League games. 

My tuppence worth, I can understand why fans stay away from old filth games, its always been that way, today seemed a lot worse numbers wise though. A relatively successful team on the park, one that looks like it has a chance against them brings the home support back. I think giving them both ends is self defeating as is the rise in walk up prices, although this could be countered by issuing discount vouchers for attending the previous 1 or 2 home games, think that is allowed by SPFL rules, not 100% sure though. Limit them to one stand, take a wee financial hit and see if that brings back the home support. I used to hate when we got moved to accommodate them from the old ground, so it isn't a new thing selling out to them.

" Limit them to one stand, take a wee financial hit and see if that brings back the home support. "

Not certain the above would have a meaningful impact. Inside the ground while the singing can be distasteful I think a lot more goes on outside the stadium while fans are walking back to cars etc.

Edited by killiefife
amend.

Cannot understand why the club sell tickets which exclude home killie games as part of a season ticket deal.

There is plenty of room for these people in the home end.

The club should let them in for rest of OF games this season and tell them that from next season the ticket will raise in price by say £40.

It is then up to them whether they go or not but at least they'll not have an excuse its no part of my season ......

Went today and always go, but can understand why people don't. Walk up to the ground through a cloud of hash smoke from a guy was promptly arrested. Big crowd ahead singing IRA songs all the way up the road. More arrested as we got closer and a guy pishing in someones garden. I can laugh at it, can completely understand why folk can't be bothered with it or don't want to take kids through it. 

Edited by mitch14

If we were to limit the away tickets at this stage we'd find the home end infested with away fans. That's a recipe for disaster and make the experience worse than people claim it is already. 

Agree that these games should be in the family season ticket. As I said previously these games provide lows but at times they can provide enormous highs and families shouldn't have to fork out more to see them. 

Inside the ground things are controlled. It's a sign of weak authority that the SFA, SPFL , UEFA or FIFA don't act on the obvious bigotry. I've said for years I'd love to see their fans locked in for ten minutes after a game to give home fans a chance to clear in peace. Would that make a difference to people? You can avoid them pre match but its a bottleneck on the way out.

i still have this pic saved in my phone from the play offs 2 year ago 

we can turn out for a play off when our survival depends on it but I would be happy if half of these folk were there today 

sadly that's not the case for whatever reason 

does raise the question though, when we were nearly down and out we showed up so at the start of a season 3 games in, granted it's been a pish start why can't a fraction of these people show the same desire to attend 

**i screenshot this pic from twitter at the time it had been posted by Falkirks twitter page 

IMG_1961.PNG

Edited by Sp3ckyh0td0g81

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

If the fans can't be bothered to turn up for games like this why should the team!

Almost every post you've made has a wee dig at fans. It smacks of, because you chose to go to today's match, it makes you some kind of uber fan, newsflash, your not.

If people choose not to go that's up to them, I suspect mostly because of previous experiences with both the bigot brothers, and has fcuk all to do with you or anyone else for that matter. Making backhanded comments like "snowflakes" or as you've previously called some on here "part time" does nothing but attempt to score a cheap point. People made a choice so deal with it and stop trying to make out your better than those who didn't attend.

And before you ask, I was there today too, but I'm not crawing about it every two minutes......

8 minutes ago, piffer said:

If we were to limit the away tickets at this stage we'd find the home end infested with away fans. That's a recipe for disaster and make the experience worse than people claim it is already. 

Surely that would be one for the new SLO to address with the board, there is already legislation in effect concerning entering the wrong end, the club could take that up with the police and stewards to eject away fans if caught. I had to walk by their buses on the way up today and even though there were loads of polis, not one of them intervened as many of them got off their buses with carry outs in hand, I even seen two of them turning a blind eye to pishing in the street. In saying that, I never got abuse from any of them despite my obvious growling

I was there last week, I'll be there next week, there was nothing in last week's display which would have made me want to go today.The Hearts game was torture to watch, there was no way I was going through that again against a far superior team.  I did feel a wee bit guilty not going but not that guilty. Watching Boyd play the lone striker role was painful and pitiful. 

Restricting them to one stand would not make a blind bit of difference. I was at a game not that long ago when they hadn't sold that many tickets and were more or less in one stand. Our fans weren't any noisier, that depends on whether the team turns up or not. 

I didn't go today wasn't paying 26 pounds as I don't have a season work every second weekend. Saw game on sky. Singing songs about the Ira can't even sing proper football songs. Choose not to go to these games anymore as a personal choice. Had a bad experience years a go. Would never criticise anyone who whent or didn't go. 

Don't finish work till 1.30 on a Saturday so I know when buying a season ticket I'll miss a few games that are moved for tv but bought one none the less. Gutted to miss the game but made sure my ticket got used by someone who was also willing to take my 9 year old son who said he enjoyed the atmosphere created by the away fans tho obviously he hasn't a clue what they're singing about!