Hamilton Accies Match Fred 26-8-17

Craigieboy

23 minutes ago, WFAANW said:

The saddest thing about today was our manager thought it was a good idea to play one upfront against Hamilton at home.

I don't necessarily agree with playing 1 upfront, but it's not as clear cut as that. He's also playing 2 wingers, we aren't good enough at this point to be playing with 4 attack-minded players. 

Playing one striker isn't the issue, the issue is the one striker chose to start with.

Edited by jesper

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Rubbish, the change should have been Burke for Frizzell as we were starting to sit back after Erwin scored that would have put us back on the front foot, O'Donnell never got forward after McKenzie came on, he had to sit back as McKenzie doesn't offer the same cover as Thomas does. Only McCulloch could snatch a draw from the jaws of victory.....

Bull$hite what had McKenzie to do with 2 off our experienced player making a cock up.The 1st goal came from  long ball from the other side of the pitch and the penalty came from a needless tackle from one of our most experienced players 

11 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Bull$hite what had McKenzie to do with 2 off our experienced player making a cock up.The 1st goal came from  long ball from the other side of the pitch and the penalty came from a needless tackle from one of our most experienced players 

As I've already posted, I'm not blaming McKenzie, I'm pointing out it was the wrong change made by the manager. Thomas should never have came off for McKenzie, the change should have been Burke for Frizzell who was being bullied off the ball, forcing us back instead of pushing forward. After Thomas came off O'Donnell didn't have the confidence to go forward either as McKenzie doesn't offer the same cover as Thomas does.

10 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Yeah let's blame McKenzie when he was nowhere near either incident. Being on the pitch appears to be enough for some to lay blame. Thomas was having a poo

4 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

As I've already posted, I'm not blaming McKenzie, I'm pointing out it was the wrong change made by the manager. Thomas should never have came off for McKenzie, the change should have been Burke for Frizzell who was being bullied off the ball, forcing us back instead of pushing forward. After Thomas came off O'Donnell didn't have the confidence to go forward either as McKenzie doesn't offer the same cover as Thomas does.

I would have taken Thomas off. Just not at his best today.

6 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Thomas couldn't tackle a fish supper .McKenzie offers much more cover than Thomas and O'Donnell had just got back from charging up the park when they crossed for there 1st goal .I agree that Frizzell is to easily bullied off the ball and lacks height for to be any use at defending .I very much doubt he will get much game time once Dicker returns 

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

Didn't Frizzell make second goal, oh goes unnoticed coz he didnt bench press a tonne before he scored

Bench pressing? What you on about!

Talking about being bullied off ball or not being strong enough to hold a player defensive wise.

2 hours ago, MJout said:

I see, I'm not allowed to disagree with you. We will see at the end of the season.

You're perfectly entitled to disagree with me or anyone. And if it's an honest, objective opinion it'll have validity.

If you're agreeing/disagreeing for the sake of it or because you're being biased then it'll have very little credibility.

Only you'll know if your being honest and objective. I can only suspect you're not.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Your obsessed with physical aspects of game, don't you like skill.

Frizzell is young and a footballer. You can get phhysical with time, but your either a footballer or not.

THATS WHAT IM ON ABOUT 

I do like skill but I'd rather be strong enough to hold on to a league and get the 3 points?

We need players that can hold out a lead. As I'm sure you agree

Edited by DuncD
Spelling.

2 hours ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

I can't swallow this. After years and years season after season ( for I would argue 5 years now) I've spent £thousands, literally thousands (petrol, merchandise, season ticket every year) to support a team that has consistently underperformed. and we give away a 2 goal lead at home and I HAVE TO TAKE SOME OF THE BLAME? 

We have to take some of the blame. A team low on confidence, obviously struggling, and all they can hear is the 350 -odd Accies fans. We survived last season because of our away form, the same players, the same manager(s) yet our away form is better. Maybe the reason is that fans go to away games to support the team. 

46 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

You're perfectly entitled to disagree with me or anyone. And if it's an honest, objective opinion it'll have validity.

If you're agreeing/disagreeing for the sake of it or because you're being biased then it'll have very little credibility.

Only you'll know if your being honest and objective. I can only suspect you're not.

I don't really give a toss whether you think I'm being on honest or not.

For the record i don't think there was much between the teams today. I was right in front of the penalty incident and it didn't look like a penalty to me. Time will tell on that one when we see the highlights. I don't think we will get relegated as we have a better squad than last year with some good players. Are we a complete unit? Absolutely not? Lots of work to be done. We are only 4 games into the season so still early days for me. 

Erwin will score goals. We have good attacking options on both wings. Our defence looked a solid unit today. 2 errors resulted in 2 dropped points otherwise it would of been a fairly comfortable win. We need to cut these errors out and fast.Thought wilson had a good game today. Frizz a bit off it at the moment but he is a cracking player, young and needs some support not the constant crap you read on here about him. We have 4 players in the Scotland u 21 squad, 3 from the youth academy. You wouldn't think it with some of the posts on here about them. 

I'm as disappointed as anyone with our start. I'm not however throwing my toys out the pram and threatening to stop attending. If that makes me a happy clapper then so be it. If I only support a team during the good times I might as well support celtic.

Greer caught sleeping a bit for their first (which was a right good finish btw) still think their penalty was soft as s**t but I'll need to see it again. We probably didn't deserve to be up 2-0 as we were still pretty poor in possession and didn't create much but with 20 mins to go you just have to see it out. As soon as they scored their first an equaliser was on the cards. 

Plus points....3 in midfield has to happen. We are bad enough with the 3 in there without dropping someone from it. Thought the youngsters done well, I've liked frizzel this season and Wilson looks better in front of 2 CBs than playing as one. Still think he might benefit from a loan spell somewhere where he can play that role every week similar to what celtic gave us Ajer for. Taylor looks a standout out them all. He could really go on to bigger better things than us after another season or 2. 

I can't bring myself to slate the manager yet. Had a few seasons of calling for lockes head and I really wasn't a Clark fan. It all seems a bit fruitless now. The worrying thing is that after 4 seasons or so of chopping and changing we're pretty much exactly where we were. 

Kilmarnock manager Lee McCulloch:"That's two points dropped, again individual errors costing us the goals.

"It was a bit of a slow game but if you go 2-0 up in any game in world football you're expected to keep a bit of game management and just come in with three points, regardless of how you play.

"I thought after we scored the second goal we panicked for some reason. I don't know why.

"The home form is atrocious for the last seven years, I don't know why so it's something that needs to start getting addressed other than just looking at the stats, something needs to give.

"If you panic when you go 2-0 up you don't deserve the three points. First goal we conceded was bad defending, the second it looked like a penalty from where I was standing, so no real complaints about that, unless I feel different when I see it again."

Is it me or has he just contradicted himself also McCulloch seems to think it was a clear cut penalty.

Well Lee if you don't know why, most people on here can tell you. Try doing something the last 3 managers and yourself, so far, have failed to do, bring in a couple of decent midfielders mate.....

image.gif

Edited by C4mmy31