Killie fan as new Marketing and Communications Officer

ki11ie

5 hours ago, Killiesub said:

Good luck to the lad, a nice guy who deserves every success he gets. I hope the club don't let him dwn

Our master tacticians at it again  however employing someone with no marketing experience as head of marketing. Do they never learn from past mistakes?

The job title is :- Marketing and Communication officer. He may not have experience of the former, although I suspect be does, but he certainly has experience of the latter.

6 hours ago, skygod said:

Why? His Linked In profile gives no indication that he does. 

6 hours ago, skygod said:

Why? His Linked In profile gives no indication that he does. 

He works for a company which is dependent on bringing in revenue from advertising, he may never have been employed directly in marketing but would certainly be aware of how to use it. I like the way that you dissected my post (a favourite trick of Zorro) and completely ignored my comment about communication which he has experience of. He has been employed as a marketing and communications officer, not solely a marketing officer.

I dissected - as you put it - your post as it was the only point in it which I wished to address. 

If you look up the thread, you will see that I said that the communications part of the job was a given. 

Sorry, but I can't see that being a sports journalist would give anyone some particular insight into marketing. 

Edited by skygod

9 hours ago, skygod said:

I dissected - as you put it - your post as it was the only point in it which I wished to address. 

If you look up the thread, you will see that I said that the communications part of the job was a given. 

Sorry, but I can't see that being a sports journalist would give anyone some particular insight into marketing. 

It wasn't your post that I was replying to, it was Killiesub's. 

Anyway, good luck to Scott, criticise the board all you want if he doesn't work out but until then give them the benefit of the doubt. To be honest I am surprised that we got somebody of his calibre, it's unlikely that somebody with experience in both marketing and communications would join a club like Kilmarnock.

36 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

It wasn't your post that I was replying to, it was Killiesub's. 

Anyway, good luck to Scott, criticise the board all you want if he doesn't work out but until then give them the benefit of the doubt. To be honest I am surprised that we got somebody of his calibre, it's unlikely that somebody with experience in both marketing and communications would join a club like Kilmarnock.

Why did we advertise for one guy to do two different jobs?

I think that marketing is much the more important of the two roles.

Communication from the club seems to have been ticking over quite nicely for the past few months, whoever has been responsible. 

But communication only works to those who are already listening, ie those following the club on social and other media. The club needs to dramatically increase the number of people it reaches by creatively retailoring and marketing the product.

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

I think that marketing is much the more important of the two roles.

Communication from the club seems to have been ticking over quite nicely for the past few months, whoever has been responsible. 

But communication only works to those who are already listening, ie those following the club on social and other media. The club needs to dramatically increase the number of people it reaches by creatively retailoring and marketing the product.

Marketing FAR more important.

2 hours ago, Killie alan said:

He will have an idea about marketing he did work for STV for 6 years.

That is the most senseless statement I've read for a while..... well at least since Killie Hippo spoke about 10,000 season tickets.

you can't just work for a communications company, send out tweets and think you are a marketing genius

41 minutes ago, Killiesub said:

That is the most senseless statement I've read for a while..... well at least since Killie Hippo spoke about 10,000 season tickets.

you can't just work for a communications company, send out tweets and think you are a marketing genius

No you can't how is it senseless he will have a better idea than you!!! Unless you worked in communications can you do a better job. I take offence to that statement.

2 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

No you can't how is it senseless he will have a better idea than you!!! Unless you worked in communications can you do a better job. I take offence to that statement.

If I were you I'd start getting used to getting told your posts are senseless if you continue to write such drivel

11 minutes ago, Killiesub said:

At least one highlight of a miserable weekend.

before you come back, please go on a course related to not writing senseless posts 

thanks

Well done, wallowing in driving the real supporters like Al away from Kickback because he dared to disagree with your drink or drug induced ramblings from last night,  have a word with yourself.

16 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Well done, wallowing in driving the real supporters like Al away from Kickback because he dared to disagree with your drink or drug induced ramblings from last night,  have a word with yourself.

I don't drink or take drugs and I don't talk to myself. Maybe you should seek some help if you consider that's what one requires to do if they disagree with someone on here

if he writes sh1te and can't defend himself he shouldn't post

why he needs his brother, lover, friend to defend him says everything

11 minutes ago, CBFC said:

don't know where Scott was before STV, but maybe he was somehow connected with marketing. 

Sports Journalist - STV Group plc - Aug 2011 – Present

Broadcast Journalist - Freelance Writer and Blogger  - May 2008 – Present

Freelance Journalist - Trinity Mirror plc (Stirling Observor) - Jun 2011 – Oct 2011

Sports Editor - Forth Independent Newspapers - May 2008 – Jun 2011

The University of Stirling - BA Honours in Journalism Studies - 2004 – 2008

I think everyone wishes Scott well - I think he will be a good guy to have around the place.

He knows Scottish football and Killie inside out but he might have his plate full before long!