Thing Change

Craigieboy

For me I'd like to see, in future, more faith put in youngsters or in form players rather than sticking with the same old, same old.

Whereas the likes of Wales have the balls to play a teenager not yet having played (to any degree) for his club in Woodburn we soldier on with the likes of Morrison (just because he plays in the Premiership) even though he is currently unfit and out of form. Get the kids in and ones playing for less fashionable SPL clubs and lets see what they have got. After all the likes of Morrison is coming to the end of his career and on a downward spiral in pace and form. Get the likes of Henderson, Ralstan,  and such-like into the squad early and bed them in - that is the way forward. Look to the future not to the past.

We have seen what fresh faces can do to the side as our fortunes have changed greatly since Tierney and Armstrong have been brought in. It revitalises the side and creates competition as well. Whether Strachan remains or not it is something we really should be doing.

anyone idea who younger player to any team from Championship or SPFL club like Woodburn

Scotland try call up someone like Ramsey, Bale, Woodburn (Wales) and Rashford (Man Utd)

need bring young with qualify 

Jack Harper (Malaga if he in first team with Malaga)

Oliver Burke (WBA)

Theo Archibald (duo Brentford)

Jai Quitongo (Morton)

Jack Aitchison (Celtic)

Scott Wright (Aberdeen)

Ali Coote (Brentford)

28 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Scotland try call up someone like Ramsey, Bale, Woodburn (Wales) and Rashford (Man Utd)

need bring young with qualify 

Jack Harper (Malaga if he in first team with Malaga)

Oliver Burke (WBA)

Theo Archibald (duo Brentford)

Jai Quitongo (Morton)

Jack Aitchison (Celtic)

Scott Wright (Aberdeen)

Ali Coote (Brentford)

Would agree with all of those names apart from Quitongo mate

• 1 month later...

We went down that road for a while.

All it got us was Kevin Kyle playing up front. We need to select players on merit not because there's a chance they will be good one day. Wales have selected guys like Woodburn because they are banging on the door of a top premiership team. We had Fletcher in the sqyad young and currently have Robertson for the same reason. I actually think we are in a better place than we have been for many years. I'd let Strachan stay on and build on his work so far. He's identified the next generation well so far in handing caps to the likesof Tierney, McGinn and Robertson. If we bring through a decent centre back, a holding midfielder to replace Brown and McGregor keeps developing we will be decent for the next few campaigns. Current squad is good enoughto qualify for the next euros.

4 hours ago, livvy said:

We went down that road for a while.

All it got us was Kevin Kyle playing up front. We need to select players on merit not because there's a chance they will be good one day. Wales have selected guys like Woodburn because they are banging on the door of a top premiership team. We had Fletcher in the sqyad young and currently have Robertson for the same reason. I actually think we are in a better place than we have been for many years. I'd let Strachan stay on and build on his work so far. He's identified the next generation well so far in handing caps to the likesof Tierney, McGinn and Robertson. If we bring through a decent centre back, a holding midfielder to replace Brown and McGregor keeps developing we will be decent for the next few campaigns. Current squad is good enoughto qualify for the next euros.

I agree with this. I wouldn't be disappointed if Strachan stayed on, unless there's an obvious better candidate.

Handing out caps to youngsters in the past who had barely played meant people like Gareth Williams and Michael Stewart getting a game for Scotland, with no obvious long term benefit.