Motherwell match thread

C4mmy31

14 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

The manager needs to do a hell of a better job, as do the players. Do you honestly believe a managerial change will make a difference?

The right one, yes, yes I do. 

Do you think we have anything to lose getting rid of McCulloch who has now been at the club for how many f**king awful years. He has gotten off extremely lightly considering how bad a job he has done 

Edited by Killie lad

3 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Well obviously, but which experienced manager could we recruit? Suggest a realistic appointment?

if there's no one significantly better available to us then more managerial upheaval is as likely to help as changing the squad every season

This argument is put about all the time, but Scottish Premiership clubs get decent calibre people interested all the time. I absolutely refuse to believe there aren't good managers out there. I'd agree that I'd rather not have Butcher and the like, but I have no doubt there would be candidates better than McCulloch out there. 

• CB unpinned this topic

We create very few chances and therefore score even fewer goals. We are  incapable of keeping a clean sheet. There appears to be very little fight or passion in the team and there is no leader on the pitch.  

2 wins in 15 league games is very much relegation form. It looks very much like McCulloch doesn't have what it takes and he's just like the previous two appointments. 

1 hour ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

I am absolutely convinced we are going down this year. Cut adrift by Christmas. We just couldn't continue relying on one team continuously being worse than us. this year. We are that team. We need to start our contingency plans for the championship now. Start saving so we can at least remain full time come August 2018

Absolutely spot on. Let's abandon this season after a few matches and start a contingency plan. We're doomed. Doomed I tell you!!

For my sins, I spent the second half reading the Give It Jig thread.

A small number like BigBill and Malkmus were downright opposed, a few like myself were unconvinced but most were solidly behind appointing him because he had "made us hard to beat".

Which was true, so what went wrong? He had the chance to rebuild the squad and, while some signings seemed genuinely good - Greer, Erwin - others were unknown quantities or old pals (Broadfoot, Burke and, bizarrely, Bell).

If the players aren't performing or not showing passion, it's down to him. It all comes down to him because that's the nature of football management. 

Can he turn it around?  I haven't a clue. But everyone says how poor the standard is yet almost every other team seems to be better than us. To be a bad team in a poor league takes some level of incompetence.

But the board doesn't inspire confidence either. Real lack of expertise there, which comes down to MJ in a way. He ran it single-handed for so long then brought in people like Mann, Moran and Smith who quit in despair.

I was hoping things would look up on the pitch this season but that seems unlikely. To quote a Joni Mitchell song, "Again and again in the same situation, for so many years".

With each cycle, it's getting harder to retain optimism and enthusiasm.

Edited by skygod

1 minute ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

To have a contingency plan you generally have a plan A first 

I'm beginning to wonder what plan A is 

I don't think Jig is the right man for the job. I've desperately wanted him to succeed and I still do. But today I sat wishing we had Jim Duffy in the dugout. On paper I thought his signings were good, but the team don't seem to know what their role is and he's relying on guys like Smith, Boyd and Greer to talk the younger players through a game.

However the bed wetting going on here is ridiculous. We have Sandman saying Kiltie and Dicker wouldn't be starts in any team in the league. 

Some saying we are relegation favourites. 

And my personal best, let's start a contingency plan just now (a month into league season) to cut costs and remain full time. 

Same mind numbing pish every time we lose a game. These guys must be a hoot on a night out after a gin!!

This pre season I was like many feeling incredibly optimistic I'm beginning to think I was only conning myself 

I remember buying my ST used to be quite an exciting occasion we used to be capable of giving most teams in the league a game on our day 

we are so far removed from what we used to be it's incredible 

aye we can try and convince ourselves otherwise but f**k me there's comes a point where blind optimism becomes ignorance 

I don't think we can continue be ignorant to the fact that we are no better whatsoever under McCulloch than we were under any of the precious lot 

he had me convinced in the pre season that he could start to show signs of progression 

tonight im not so sure anymore and I'm not giving the shouts of sack the manager as the problems run much deeper than the manager 

I'm beginning to think our identity as a club is anybody's guess we are in no shape or form what we used to be and it's going to catch up with us eventually 

all I can say the night is thank god for Dundee 

Awe our players were bullied .....poor souls ...those experienced players deserve our sympathy surely ....

LM post match

"First half, we were okay. "We passed the ball pretty well and looked solid in our shape. I was happy at half-time but was forced into a change when Gordon Greer pulled up with a groin injury.

"In the second half, I thought we got bullied a little bit. Motherwell played well and were probably the better team in the first 25 minutes of the second half. I think that's what won them the game."

2 hours ago, mitch14 said:

This argument is put about all the time, but Scottish Premiership clubs get decent calibre people interested all the time. I absolutely refuse to believe there aren't good managers out there. I'd agree that I'd rather not have Butcher and the like, but I have no doubt there would be candidates better than McCulloch out there. 

Other Scottish clubs do appoint decent managers.

And yet our last four managerial appointments have been crap. What is it that makes people think we'll punt McCulloch but somehow bring in a quality manager this time?

Whether it's a fault at board level or just that we're not an attractive prospect to good managers, changing the manager, like annually bringing in a new squad, does not seem to be working.

49 minutes ago, historyman said:

Personally I haven't had much fun or enjoyment supporting Killie since Shiels was the manager. 

The last few seasons have been very, very poor. 

I knew we'd agree on something eventually.  Ah the good old days. A man with a plan to rejuvenate the support, bring back our pride and develop the club. Silverware in the trophy room, entertainment on and off the park and a pitch covered in grass. T'was really a golden age. 

20 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Awe our players were bullied .....poor souls ...those experienced players deserve our sympathy surely ....

LM post match

"First half, we were okay. "We passed the ball pretty well and looked solid in our shape. I was happy at half-time but was forced into a change when Gordon Greer pulled up with a groin injury.

"In the second half, I thought we got bullied a little bit. Motherwell played well and were probably the better team in the first 25 minutes of the second half. I think that's what won them the game."

Usual pish from a manager out of his depth 

26 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Other Scottish clubs do appoint decent managers.

And yet our last four managerial appointments have been crap. What is it that makes people think we'll punt McCulloch but somehow bring in a quality manager this time?

I take the point, but in our favour this time is that, after a string of young coaches, I think there would be a change in approach. Might be wrong but it seems the obvious move to go for experience. 

We don't know how much we are missing those days when Kenny had us on the up most of the time and had the team believing we could compete with all the other teams even the twisted sisters .On another note heard Tom English on the radio today saying that Aberdeen were due to give some team an absolute humping soon due to the chances they create and the forward players they have what's the betting it will be against us next week and then Lee McCulloch will really be under pressure!

37 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

LM post match

Send your f**king players out to bully the other team then you wankstain. 

f**k me, same with people saying it's ok to lose a 2 goal lead to hamilton f**king accies, because 'they've improved'. Shouldn't we be doing the same? Honestly give up 

Edited by Killie lad