The clock is ticking

Grahamc94

Can't see him being sacked anytime soon. However today was seriously worrying. No heart, no commitment, no passion and no idea. Don't understand how a team put out by McCulloch who had all the passion in the world as a player, had so little fight. Sometimes we don't look far away from a decent team, and maybe if Greer had scored we'd have kicked on, but things just aren't working.

12 hours ago, Oakiedokey said:

Do we think that the players see Lee as still one of the boys as opposed to their boss?

I'd say this is a massive factor. 

That and he doesn't seem able to constructively criticise post-game. Everything is "unlucky" or some form of bad luck rather than someone making a mistake and being called on it. I'm all for defending players in public, but not if it's indefensible and makes you look foolish. 

7 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

We've got Aberdeen next week. Maryhill men have Rangers and Dundee have st johnstone. Best case scenario is we all have 1 point as we aren't winning at Aberdeen. Then we play Dundee and Ross County. If we don't win any of those Jig should go!

We will lose against Aberdeen. The best we can hope for is that we don't get absolutely  thrashed. 

1 hour ago, jesper said:

I'd say this is a massive factor. 

That and he doesn't seem able to constructively criticise post-game. Everything is "unlucky" or some form of bad luck rather than someone making a mistake and being called on it. I'm all for defending players in public, but not if it's indefensible and makes you look foolish. 

On the radio yesterday, you had Craig Levein raging about Hearts failing to win in what appears to have been one of their best performances of the season. That need to win must go on to the players. Equally you had Derek McInnes saying he got it wrong and criticising his players - again in a game where they arguably did alright with a point.

Then on came Lee and there was absolutely nothing. That surely must have an impact on the players? The message for the players week on week appears to be they they are doing fine and it's unlucky. Can't be helping. 

I thought it was a poor first half, from both teams, but we did have a couple of very decent chances. Loosing Greer was a  blow but the substitutions were questionable. Bringing on Jones for Burke left midfield dreadfully exposed and then he brought on Frizell to shore that up...think he got it arse fae elbow

I am usually against quck fire decisons but if we lose to both Dundee/ Ross County he has to go even this early in the season, we will end up marooned at the bottom by that stage.

He has signed Greer which was an improvement, Thomas looks ok, but some of the others are baffling - Bell? (wage could have been used elsewhere as JMac is keeping us from getting scudded every week) Spencer (jobs for the boys?) Power (enough said)

His persistance to play Boyd / playing Smith as lynchpin of the midfield (he was done as a left back in the top league years ago so god knows why weve got him playing midfield?) no style of football / no urgency in play / beaten as soon as we go a goal down /

Enough with all the ex killie players with no management experience, thats been our issue with majority of previous mamagers, AJ Locke LM

As someone mentioned I think Johh Hughes would be a good appointment

Whether John Hughes is a clown or not, the fact is he has successful experience of managing a top flight side on a budget comparable to ours.

We can't go down the route of yet another inexperienced manager, if it does end for Lee I would have no problem with a management team of Hughes as the main man and someone younger as his assistant (Holt/Fowler)

Again I hope it works out for Lee and I'm not ready to throw in the towel but if we are still sitting with 1pt after the Ross County game he has to go simply based on results/performances

5 minutes ago, azertyuiop said:

We had a similar start under mixu.

Some fans need to get over themselves

Most fans could see that Mixu had a plan, the team showed a style of playing that was taking time to develop and a team that was showing some improvement from game to game

the worry for most fans is that there has been little evidence of any such plan,style of play or football ideas as yet from McCulloch

---he has changed formations from game to game --(and on saturday during 45 minutes tried 3 different formations) -- he has shifted players round from game to game -- and there is no such evidence as yet of the passing game he said he wanted to see at start of season ...

I'll try to make a case for the defence (LM, not our actual defence!) but it's a list of excuses. 

StJ game - again for a good spell in the second half we looked decent and competed well against a team that many tip to be easily top6 this year again.

Hearts - New manager bounce

Celtic - It's Celtic

Hamilton - for long periods, we looked very good in that game, but Smith sold the jerseys at the end for the penalty.

Motherwell - didn't see it, but by all accounts we were woeful and no excuses offered here. 

I was a supporter of LM's at the start of the season and felt we'd recruited as well as any summer in recent years. I'm still willing to give him until the RossCo game, and if there's been no improvement, and we've still not won a game (Dundee and RossCo are games he needs to win) then the time to bin him would be then IMO.

The problem with the recruitment was that it looked good but only on paper. And I mean Burke, Broadfoot and Power. He potentially thought that Burke and Power would save the side in the long term absence of Dicker. My Jury's still out on Burke cos I've not seen much of him, but we all know how we feel about Power. Given he was bought early, but very early showed that he wasn't up to it, one of LM's biggest failures has been not going and getting another CM. Rory in there with Frizz hasn't worked, and neither has Smith. The latter looks more naive positionally than Frizz which is unforgivable really given the differences in their levels of experience. 

Worrying times, but after RossCo we still would have time to save our season. If we've lost both them or failed to win with poor performances then sack him immediately and use the international break as the time needed for the new guy to get his ideas over before the next game comes round. 

Jumping ahead thinking if the worst case happens that we're on 1 or 2 points after RossCo, then Holt and Hughes must be contenders. Davies can f**k off, and I'm not sure I could cope with Pressley (or if Killie could afford him). Jack Ross and Fow would be nice, but we couldn't afford to buy them out of the StM contracts.

As a completely side issue, I noticed at the Hamilton game, that when we've got a corner, LM has left Iain Wilson as the furthest back. He's one of our taller players, would he not be better placed in the box??

22 hours ago, Dan1el said:

I am usually against quck fire decisons but if we lose to both Dundee/ Ross County he has to go even this early in the season, we will end up marooned at the bottom by that stage.

I also think managers should get a fair period of time but if we don't win in any of our next three league games (we can forget Aberdeen but we must be looking for 6 pts in the home games v Dundee & County) then we will have won only 2 our of our last 18 league games. That is almost half a season and is a record which will certainly get us relegated.

If we don't take at least 4 points from the next three games then we should be looking for someone else before it is too late.

13 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Most fans could see that Mixu had a plan, the team showed a style of playing that was taking time to develop and a team that was showing some improvement from game to game

the worry for most fans is that there has been little evidence of any such plan,style of play or football ideas as yet from McCulloch

---he has changed formations from game to game --(and on saturday during 45 minutes tried 3 different formations) -- he has shifted players round from game to game -- and there is no such evidence as yet of the passing game he said he wanted to see at start of season ...

The football we play is dreadful to watch. There is no passing game, it is largely hit and hope.

We have scored 3 goals in 5 league games - 2 direct from free-kicks and 1 which was a great finish but was from a big punt up the park.

We were the lowest scorers in the league last season and are on our way to achieving that again. We don't create enough chances for the strikers and as a consequence we won't score very many goals.

26 minutes ago, azertyuiop said:

We had a similar start under mixu.

Some fans need to get over themselves

I was not impressed by Mixu and was completely surprised when it started working for him. I don't think this was down to brilliant management  but just a number of circumstances.

He brought in Eremnko using his contacts, a vey good football player who was incredibly lazy but we could still never have got him under normal circumstances.

Eremenko's laziness was balanced by Sammon's willingness to run all day like an express train. Also Sammon found a bit of confidence and could not stop scoring.

Also we had a full back on loan from Chelsea.

I might be missing something but at present, I just cant see where it is all going to come together from. Even under Mixu we had won a couple of games by October.