Cafe Da Vinci

DuncanEwart

Decided at last minute to treat Mrs Monty. Managed to get in late on Saturday. Food  was excellent as usual , staff knowledgeable and happy to take time to discuss dishes and wine. ( yes and not your average tonic Eldorado type) .

It never stops to amaze me the amount of people in this area who have never been to this eaterie. Have to ask WHY????

Ps no connection with owners or staff. 

Also attended the Craigie Inn recently and found food excellent. Yes the environment is slightly dated but can't my head around the "food expert " from daily record complaining about broth being soup of the day in summertime. Wee tip hen if you don't want a plate of hearty soup in summertime opt for something else!!!!  Instead of moaning. Ya twat...

sorry for the minor rant. But discussed this with Mrs Monty during our meal at da Vinci and neither of us could remember ordering food because of the season. I assume like most "read the menu and choose what you fancy"

Anyways few beers, full stomach, even a draw at the football.

happy days

16 minutes ago, DuncanEwart said:

Mrs Ewart and me were in the Craigie Inn on Friday night. I thought the review in Saturday's "Daily Record" was very mean spirited and made it sound like she had her dinner in the Land That Time Forgot. Incidentally, Tam Cowan gave the Craigie a very good review in "The Sun" the other week.

Couldn't agree more. Hopefully this  review doesn't effect business to much. 

On 19/09/2017 at 8:58 PM, Scooter said:

There was a Cafe Da Vinci in Irvine years ago and all I remember about it was they served everyone a whole cooked cauliflower with their meal. Bit strange but there you go.

Wonder if it's the same owner... maybe give it a go after these good reports.

Was the same owners as the one in Killie. Sold it and it was renamed Adesso. Been going to it for years and ive always felt its been alot better since its been Adesso. 

Infact ive never had a bad meal in the place. Highly reccomend it. 

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, Stefanus said:

Phone number not connected and restaurant all shut up.

Anyone any gen? 

Always seemed fairly busy and have never been disappointed with any meal ( or service ). Would be a real pity if it’s gone too. 

Their Facebook page says they're having problems with their phone but bookings can be made using Facebook Messenger. I think they also open for lunch but close again for a couple of hours in the afternoon before evening service. 

Panic over. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...