If Jig quits

kfc_superteam

Can't see him being sacked but we really need someone to organise this bunch of championship players. As I mentioned earlier in a post I think if things don't improve shortly Jig would do the honourable thing and step aside.

For me, as Kris Boyd would say, we need someone who has done this all before,no more cheap rookie managers. I think from their last jobs especially you would only bring in Mixu or John Hughes if the team had being winning. Not midseason in a team struggling. I have reservations about Hartley in the same way.

It would need to be someone already in work. Stevie Aitken or Jim Duffy possibly but the one who really should be focussed in is Peter Houston. 

Surely we have some Coulibaly money left to pay compensation. Peter Houston's teams tend to be the most consistent and hard working. It is also rumoured that he may quit falkirk if they don't get promotion this year so maybe interested.

I can't claim to follow the Championship closely, but the lower league round ups on the Terrace Podcast from the blokes who do suggest that we should steer well clear of Houston. Apparently disliked by fans and players. One of the better squads in the league this year and currently second bottom. And seems to have a Jig-like love of stubbornly sticking to things that aren't working. I'd definitely be in favour of an old head that knows Scottish football though. 

I don't think they are a bunch of Championship players, in fact looking at them pretty much all of them should be able to play in the premier league without any issues, they're just not doing it. I don't know the answer or what exactly is going wrong but needs sorted out soon. Somehow there are other teams just as bad as us so if we turn it around quickly we can still be ok.

Greer's comments about lack of effort from the team are very damning of the players and leadership of LM ----especially at this early part of the season and in what was an important game

there will need to be seen a big reaction on Saturday ------or there could well be more sign of issues in the dressing room to add to other problems  

12 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Greer's comments about lack of effort from the team are very damning of the players and leadership of LM ----especially at this early part of the season and in what was an important game

there will need to be seen a big reaction on Saturday ------or there could well be more sign of issues in the dressing room to add to other problems  

The Greer comments are interesting. Twice this season, most noticeably at Parkhead, I saw Greer giving really in depth advice to Wilson when they were waiting for the second half to kick off. Really struck me that he was giving the advice a manager should have been giving. Getting the impression Greer has sussed out that Jig isn't up to it fairly quickly. 

1 minute ago, Prahakillie said:

like the fact he hasn't managed Thistle?

hahahaha

18 minutes ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

Duffy.

His Thistle side nearly always stuffed us and he enjoyed it.

Tough talking and knows the Scottish game inside out but, I've no doubt a couple of our 24/7 experts will quote some obscure factoid!

Jim's the man we need.

I'm not sure how him playing for Thistle helps  him being a good manager but I can also remember him being a born winner. Mainly as a Dundee player/manager right enough.

A few folk touted him for the Killie job, myself and my mate @Mclean07 being two of them but when McCulloch got the job I said I'd back him. I still think it's too early to sack him but if we're still winless after the Dundee game I'd be looking at it seriously as something needs to give.