If Jig quits

kfc_superteam

1 hour ago, Mogwai said:

In the event of regime change at the Parc du Pies, I'd like to be the first to give my support to the ubiquitous foreign manager who's name will pop up out of left field. They've usually got some tenuous link to winning some big cup, either in European club competition or international football. They'll currently be playing their trade in the Middle East or Africa at the moment.

Gus Poyet has just left Shanghai Shenhua....

We are now on our 8th manager since 2010. I think a lot of managers would think twice about taking the job if they were offered it. The club seems very disjointed and dysfunctional with no unity and certainly no leadership or direction. It doesn't look like a place where people enjoy coming to work in any capacity.

It will take a very strong personality to come in and make a success of things - we need our own Shankly, Stein, Ferguson or McLean and I don't see any of them out there.

Just now, C4mmy31 said:

Levein came out and stated in the press, he had nothing to do with the day to day coaching, selection & setup of the team thou.

Bill Clinton stated to the press he didn't pump Lewinski. There's every chance his meddling was over-stated, but it sort of makes sense when you hear stories about the kind of person he is over the years

1 minute ago, bute-killiefan said:

Bill Clinton stated to the press he didn't pump Lewinski. There's every chance his meddling was over-stated, but it sort of makes sense when you hear stories about the kind of person he is over the years

I guess my point is, if Levein was telling porkies, then Cathro would have came out with his version of the truth but he had nothing but praise for Levein.

6 hours ago, historyman said:

We are now on our 8th manager since 2010. I think a lot of managers would think twice about taking the job if they were offered it. The club seems very disjointed and dysfunctional with no unity and certainly no leadership or direction. It doesn't look like a place where people enjoy coming to work in any capacity.

It will take a very strong personality to come in and make a success of things - we need our own Shankly, Stein, Ferguson or McLean and I don't see any of them out there.

For me it boils down to the simple fact we have recruited poorly in the main over the last few years and our young players are average. Coupled up with poor managers. Our budget is reasonable but we blow it on the wrong players. Take st johnstone, everyone that comes in has the 'never say die' attitude, play dirty at times and do whatever to win. They bring in experienced pro's and only play the young players if they are good enough. Our pro's Broadfoot, Smith, Boyd are passed it.

The board need not know too much about football but they provide the support to the manager. Its up to the manager to use his budget well. We definately havent this year!