Dons Fred

C4mmy31

Great result and by all accounts performance yesterday, not many teams will take points away from pittodrie this season. Still struggling to get too excited by it but I think that's due to what we've seen in the 5 games prior to this. 

The next 3 games are huge, home to Dundee and RossCo and away to Thistle and a big chance to kick on. They're teams who will be in and around us this season and we need to be taking points from them. 6/7 points in the minimum return we need from these because if not we could be getting cut adrift already and then LMs position would have to be seriously be under review 

12 hours ago, MJout said:

So we get a decent result and more importantly a decent performance and you are still shouting sack the manager. Get a grip.

Always have a grip but I am not sure what that has to do with the need for proper management of the team. 

What this result shows is that the squad is not irretrievably rubbish and with decent coaching and organisation is capable of more than has been shown. 

Jig is clearly not able to get this from them on a consistent basis.

I am happy with a point at Pittodrie but at the end of the day it is only one point. We have been haemorrhage points to "easier" teams.

17 minutes ago, Sandman396 said:

Always have a grip but I am not sure what that has to do with the need for proper management of the team. 

What this result shows is that the squad is not irretrievably rubbish and with decent coaching and organisation is capable of more than has been shown. 

Jig is clearly not able to get this from them on a consistent basis.

I am happy with a point at Pittodrie but at the end of the day it is only one point. We have been haemorrhage points to "easier" teams.

Time may show you to be correct but I think its too early to say that the manager clearly cant get anything out of the squad. Hes a young manager learning his job at a very difficult club to be at where patience amongst the fans has run out before he even got the job. 

I was very hopefull pre season with the squad we have built although previous weeks have tested me seriously. LM has shown small signs of learning with his selection i.e. not letting broadhied straight back in the squad.

The next three games will probably make or break him. Id be hoping for seven points or more but id be ok with a win and two draws.

Also in looking forward to ripping into my senior boss that has done nothing but belittle me as a Killie fan since he started. 

Utter bawchomp thats an Aberdeen solely fan because he grew up when they were winning things but feel he also has to have a wee team so hes an Ayr fan (which my Ayr supporting boss hates). 

As bad as an Old Flith with as big a superiority complext which I assume is left over from 1987 or something. 

Is there any truth to that Greer asked all the management team leave the dressing room at half time yesterday? Heard he asked them to leave while he got ripped into the team? These things normally get a reaction. Greer could signal handedly save our season, been a rock since his first game has a calming influence on everyone.

5 minutes ago, ki11ie said:

Is there any truth to that Greer asked all the management team leave the dressing room at half time yesterday? Heard he asked them to leave while he got ripped into the team? These things normally get a reaction. Greer could signal handedly save our season, been a rock since his first game has a calming influence on everyone.

I have a feeling it was Greer that was involved in instigating the players' meeting during the week, after his comments to the press about last weekend's game.

I'd be surprised if he did it at HT yesterday though - it's not his place and I'd hope LM would not allow that, or he would have "lost the dressing room" on the spot.

14 minutes ago, ki11ie said:

I was told by one of the 1st teamers it happened at the start of last week, after the Motherwell performance, don't know about yesterday, but apparently Greer did rip into them about attitudes & performances and he told a few some home truths, if this is indeed true, why is he not the club captain? He's managed to get a reaction for yesterday, hopefully it's not just a one off.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

No I heard from a good source the players collectively asked Jig to leave at the beginning of the game. maybe they now realise they are not doing what the management are requesting??

I also said last week that Greer was an unsettling influence or words to that effect, I got 7 red cards. Hes a great player but meant to be a bit of an ass.

If being 'a bit of an ass' is what it takes to get some of our players putting in a bit of fight and effort and actively trying to take the game to their opponents then I sincerely hope we sign more players who are 'a bit of an ass'.

44 minutes ago, Joe said:

No I heard from a good source the players collectively asked Jig to leave at the beginning of the game. maybe they now realise they are not doing what the management are requesting??

I also said last week that Greer was an unsettling influence or words to that effect, I got 7 red cards. Hes a great player but meant to be a bit of an ass.

Fair enough. It seems everyone has a source these days - I'd still be surprised if it has happened twice in the space of a week as that would massively undermine LM's authority and ability to control his players. If he allowed that to continue he might as well just leave now as the players will run amok very soon - managers are there for a reason (regardless of their perceived ability) once the players start "taking over", he'd be as well as walking. He doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would appreciate, or accept, being undermined too readily.

Edited by jesper

Greer seems to have a really good on field attitude. Leads by example and talks players through games. If hes said some harsh words during the week hes done it at the right time and has focused on the game when hes been on the park. The players seem to care. They just have to realise that talking about it during the week and recognising problems means nothing without taking it into the Saturday.

3 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

Greer seems to have a really good on field attitude. Leads by example and talks players through games. If hes said some harsh words during the week hes done it at the right time and has focused on the game when hes been on the park. The players seem to care. They just have to realise that talking about it during the week and recognising problems means nothing without taking it into the Saturday.

Agreed, the Dons fans on P&B posting how good Greer was yesterday and a few of them saying they had the fear every time Jones ran at them with the ball.

4 hours ago, cammy_boy said:

Hes a young manager learning his job

He shouldn't have been given the job in the first place if he is just learning. If you want to learn how to manage a team head for the lower leagues first. To me it looks like he hasn't learned from the mistakes of the managers he served under or taken any of the good points of the said previous managers (tbf Locke didn't have any good points). If true about being asked to leave the dressing room imo he has already lost the confidence of the players and they are taking it upon themselves to change the tactics and help better their performance.

50 minutes ago, Bigbill said:

If true about being asked to leave the dressing room imo he has already lost the confidence of the players and they are taking it upon themselves to change the tactics and help better their performance.

Who mentioned tactics?

I see nothing wrong with the players, led by one or more senior pros, having a meeting about attitudes and commitment. 

The dressing room is their workplace and they are entitled to have a meeting if it is supportive of the management, whose jobs are on the line. 

If they held a meeting designed to undermine the manager's authority, that's a different matter. 

58 minutes ago, Bigbill said:

He shouldn't have been given the job in the first place if he is just learning. If you want to learn how to manage a team head for the lower leagues first. To me it looks like he hasn't learned from the mistakes of the managers he served under or taken any of the good points of the said previous managers (tbf Locke didn't have any good points). If true about being asked to leave the dressing room imo he has already lost the confidence of the players and they are taking it upon themselves to change the tactics and help better their performance.

Nobody knows what was said or why the manager was asked to leave. Some things are better sorted on the shop floor. We are not in a position to attract a finnoshed article type manager. Well not a good one anyways. Theres a reason Jim Duffy has been farting around the lower leagues for years. LM may turn out not to be the answer but its far to early to tell.

2 hours ago, skygod said:

Who mentioned tactics?

I see nothing wrong with the players, led by one or more senior pros, having a meeting about attitudes and commitment. 

The dressing room is their workplace and they are entitled to have a meeting if it is supportive of the management, whose jobs are on the line. 

If they held a meeting designed to undermine the manager's authority, that's a different matter. 

I posted IMO ie in my opinion. Tactics have changed and was highlighted on sportscene weren't lumping the ball up the park but playing it in the ground IMO tactics changed.

2 hours ago, cammy_boy said:

Nobody knows what was said or why the manager was asked to leave. Some things are better sorted on the shop floor. We are not in a position to attract a finnoshed article type manager. Well not a good one anyways. Theres a reason Jim Duffy has been farting around the lower leagues for years. LM may turn out not to be the answer but its far to early to tell.

Pretty sure we could get a more experienced manager in instead of a manager "learning" his job.

38 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

Praised on Sportscene for our passing and bravery on the ball. Big difference from last week.

on another note, what a truly terrible tv programme sportscene is. Michael Stewart and Stephen Thomson are insufferable. 

But they get paid a lot less than prime a-holes Lineker and sheep-Shearer. Plus at least we don't have the squeaky-voiced, assorted Liverpudlians that are on Sky.

1 hour ago, Bigbill said:

I posted IMO ie in my opinion. Tactics have changed and was highlighted on sportscene weren't lumping the ball up the park but playing it in the ground IMO tactics changed.

Pretty sure we could get a more experienced manager in instead of a manager "learning" his job.

My point was experianced dosent mean good.