Administration Looms

MrTumnus

Would the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act come into play where the supporters (through the Trust?) would be given a right to buy the club assets first?

If so, I'd rather that any potential investment from the Trust would be kept for this purpose. We would probably need an Ann Budge/Les Hutchison figure but I'm sure that's been looked into. 

I know it's hypothetical at the moment but I am presuming we will be relegated through the play-offs and I am presuming we could not survive financially next year.

So the thread is about whether it would be better to pre-empt our relegation by going into administration now and taking the points hit this season, Dundee Utd would then be in the play-offs.

Our alternative is relegation through the play-offs,  and administration (and the points hit) next season. This would probably rule us out of challenging for promotion next year.

There is a £500k parachute payment if we get relegated through the play offs and another £250k if we do not go straight back up .Relegation is no where near as big a financial blow as it was in the past  .The parachute payment plus the play off money and some of the TV money going to teams in the championship make it not the financial disaster it was in the past .We should be able to compete with nearly every club in the championship ( if Hibs go up ) in terms of players wages .Cut our squad numbers and there should be no reason why we should struggle remember we have over spent by millions just trying to stay in the SPL 

I don't think there is ever a good time for administration but Is it not better to be in the top division. Taking a points hit puts us down automatically without it it's still in our hands if we stay up or not. Then if you go down and haven't come out of admin do you get another points hit?

In the Championship as long as you have the right squad and manager in place to cope  a twenty point deficit is a fair turnaround but if you can target fourth place and hopefully go up through the playoffs. Given Raith are currently 4th sitting on 59points you would still need the form of champions to meet that. Doing it next year would also pose the risk of further relegation if you weren't able to recover 

the club will only go into administration if they've managed to convince enough daft companies to extend them enough credit to make it worthwhile going into admin. if, as is more likely, the vast majority of the debt is owed to certain directors and the hotel, then there's no point in mj and bb putting the club into admin as they would be the ones losing out. I would expect the club will carry on just building a bigger and bigger debt to bb and the hotel, thereby increasing mj and bb's hold over the club as anyone wanting them out would have a massive debt to pay them on top of buying the club

Personally I cant see administration coming soon, I do see relegation coming this year tho, and the board can only look at themselves for blame, the club has been on a downward spiral for the last 4 years with no ambition poor managerial appointments, poor signing policy, and frankly lack of any sort of leadership from the top of the club, the club has made a £725k loss but MJ still gets his money without any question, all we can do is hope that if we do go down we can actually sort the club from top to bottom get ride of all the deadwood and leaches, I still think we will draw a crowd as people like me would follow killie even if we played in a mcdonalds car park,

As happened when we were last in the 1st Division (at the right end of it), and challenging for promotion, winning most matches etc, our crowds were 'decent' for the League (around the 4-5,000 mark). IF we are in that position again, have got rid of MJ, Clark is still manager, and we have a more forward thinking board, who can inject some enthusiasm around the place (and no, it doesn't have to be someone 'as' charismatic as Bobby Fleeting, just people making the right noises and taking fans along with them), then we should be able to survive in Division 1 (still can't call it the Championship).

Just can't agree with suggestions that crowds will be sub-1500 if all these caveats are in place....a winning team on the park always increases crowds, but yes, we would need a boardroom shake up as well. The parachute payments do indeed make admin less likely.

The parachute payments look great until you realise 11th place in our league guarantees you £1,002,250. That's half a million out of our budget, from a club already losing three quarters of a million a year. Where do folk see £1.25 minutes of savings in that team we're putting out at the moment?