Next Manager Thread

virtuocity

For me we need to appoint sensibly! Not an exotic manager who was once a great player but not much of a record as a coach! 

McLeish or Nigel Atkins would be my first choice but they are unlikely to take it. 

I think tbh macintyre or Houston would do a great job.

Gary Holt, Alan Stubbs I have reservations about!

59 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Just out of interest, why?

I don't want McIntyre but surely it's better to get someone like him in than Effenberg who was an unsuccessful manger for 6 months. 

It’s a break from the norm, massive gamble, but I don’t know why I just don’t see the attraction in J MAC, and if u had asked me last season I would probably have bit ur hand off.

McLeish for me, I just think we have some good players who need a rocket up their arse and someone they will respect, for me that’s the big yin.

Edited by Andy

McIntyre would not be my first choice but would take him if pushed.

His number two however is exactly that - a wee jobby.

He's never liked Killie and Killie have always hated him.

No way would I accept that turd anywhere near RP at any point, apart maybe for emptying the bins.

If McIntyre must come, please would he bring in Gary Holt as his assistant?

McIntyre also a big no for me. Main reason being that it just shows a lack of ambition, recycling a guy just out of a job, who happened to do 'okay' at County. Not a man who will get fans back I don't think.

In order to generate excitement, interest etc still need a bigger name-ideally a McLeish type figure, failing that something a bit different like Seedorf.

Overall ideal man would still be Jack Ross but think there is zero chance of that.

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:47 AM, Bhamkillieken said:

king kenny with holt as his assitant.

KK has tons of experience and wants to play football the right way. GH to work beside him to take over when the time is right. KK to muddle us through this mess, and handover in 3 years

Just catching up on this thread, and this would be the dream duo for me. Two drawbacks though - i) Holt probably wouldn't want to play 2nd fiddle to anyone and ii) Cash. I'd imagine both of these guys would want a few quid, certainly more than McCulloch/Leven were on, so the Board would need to be prepared to stump-up. (To add a third, I don't think KS would want to come back, given the state of the club as we are now).

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

I hope Gary Holt is appointed number 2 then in a few years he takes over loves killie 

I do like the idea of an experienced head or someone looking to rebuild their reputation.  Then when they retire or move on to better things, having steadied the ship,Gary steps in.  

Two problems though

1) Would Gary want to be #2

2) Assistant shouldn't be forced upon new manager 

Why are people trying to pick the new managers assistant for him. It’s got nothing to do with supporters. The new manager has to pick the staff he feels most comfortable with and he can succeed with. If it’s Billy Dodds then f**k it. Dodds loyalty lies with who pays his wages. People on here are too easily offended by people’s history. Get a grip you don’t know what coaches managers prefer and whether they’d work well with those mentioned.

3 hours ago, aldo said:

whats stubbs done to warrant people wanting him?

People say McIntyre only did well because he had a big budget but some want Stubbs when he couldn't even get Hibs out of the championship and his record at Rotherham was deplorable. 

There are some incredibly entrenched views on this thread but very few of them are based on hard facts. 

3 hours ago, piffer said:

Why are people trying to pick the new managers assistant for him. It’s got nothing to do with supporters. The new manager has to pick the staff he feels most comfortable with and he can succeed with. If it’s Billy Dodds then f**k it. Dodds loyalty lies with who pays his wages. People on here are too easily offended by people’s history. Get a grip you don’t know what coaches managers prefer and whether they’d work well with those mentioned.

Picking the new manager has nothing to do with the supporters never mind his assistant. 

Edited by historyman