Next Manager Thread

virtuocity

11 hours ago, skygod said:

It depends (a) whether he is interested in the job, and (b) what terms he is looking for.

It's a two-way street.

If he has applied it would suggest he is interested.

Most people when applying for a job will contact the company/recruitment agent for more detail on the role before agreeing to progress the application and the company inviting the person to interview. In the real world this salary detail will usually be a few grand per year over/under the candidates expectations.  

Given Clarke has managed in the premiership and would have been on tens of thousands a week, then it would suggest at least if he has applied he has done some research into salary etc and it is at a level he his happy to progress at, with the finer details to be hammered out at negotiation time should he be offered the job. 

1 minute ago, Van Tornhout's Header said:

Most people when applying for a job will contact the company/recruitment agent for more detail on the role before agreeing to progress the application and the company inviting the person to interview. In the real world this salary detail will usually be a few grand per year over/under the candidates expectations.  

Given Clarke has managed in the premiership and would have been on tens of thousands a week, then it would suggest at least if he has applied he has done some research into salary etc and it is at a level he his happy to progress at, with the finer details to be hammered out at negotiation time should he be offered the job. 

I meant interested after having interviewed.

I have been interested in jobs where I have been totally turned off after meeting the people I'd be working with/ for. Similarly, interested employers will have been turned off after having met me!

As for terms, I wasn't just referring to remuneration. but the number of assistants he would be permitted, the transfer budget etc.

As said before, I'd also be looking for a guarantee that the grass pitch would be restored asap.

6 minutes ago, Van Tornhout's Header said:

Don't think we can take it as read that he has applied though.

He may well have been approached by the club to consider it, doubt that salary is first on the agenda.

I pay no attention to win ratio. 

If win ratio is what folk want then Stephen Kenny in Ireland is your man... that’s the guy who failed at Dunfermline miserably mind. 

I seen mentioned on a thread about how influential Brendan at the Tic has been in raising Scottish footballs profile and I agree 100% 

Having him in the league and a lesser extend Coyle will only enhance people’s viewpoints of Scotland. If indeed Clarke does take the job, I reckon some of it will be down to Rogers being up here now too. 

I suppose the only poll that really matters now is if Clarke doesn’t take the job, who from Mixu, McIntyre and Holt would the fans want as I think that’s probably more realistic targets. 

Edited by Bullitt

5 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Odds on Carver will have shortened as a load of his Geordie pals have found out he's being interviewed and stuck a score on.  That's how these books work. Bookies know no more than us, hence why the maximum bet on next manager book's is capped at £20.  It doesn't take many bets for the odds to shorten.

Yes indeedy. We should crowdfund to place an absurd bet on - say for example Bomber Broon - and watch him zoom up to the top of the betting charts.

Another wee thought do you think Mixu put a line on? What about Jim Bett or Campbell Money? Young chaps - don't know what I'm havering on about ask your dads or grandads!!

57 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I pay no attention to win ratio. 

If win ratio is what folk want then Stephen Kenny in Ireland is your man... that’s the guy who failed at Dunfermline miserably mind. 

I seen mentioned on a thread about how influential Brendan at the Tic has been in raising Scottish footballs profile and I agree 100% 

Having him in the league and a lesser extend Coyle will only enhance people’s viewpoints of Scotland. If indeed Clarke does take the job, I reckon some of it will be down to Rogers being up here now too. 

I suppose the only poll that really matters now is if Clarke doesn’t take the job, who from Mixu, McIntyre and Holt would the fans want as I think that’s probably more realistic targets. 

If it's not to be Clarke, I'd rather see Mixu or Holt in charge than McIntyre.

33 minutes ago, fmcc said:

Did I dream it, or are we not to expect an update this evening?

if we’re hoping for clarke then let’s hope not as he’s at some tourney down south today, also if we’re supposed to be interviewing more people this week then i expect any kind of news to be later this week, i really doubt we’ll have anyone before saturdays game

16 hours ago, KA9Killie said:

It would be bizarre and reckless not to interview Clarke if he applied, although it is Killie we are talking about. I wonder if there is any possibility of a management team involving Mixu plus either Holt or McIntyre. Neither Mixu not Kenny Shiels were anything like as successful once that partnership was broken up, so getting the right assistant is essential.

Apart from Shiels winning the Cup obviously.....................

John Carver may not be the most popular but he comes with a good record.

Assistant to Bobby Robson, Head coach at Leeds, experience abroad and managed to keep a terrible Newcastle team in the premiership.

He certainly isn't the worst candidate.

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

I'm sure before getting the Swansea job, Rodgers was a youth coach at Chelsea around the time Steve Clarke was there.