Next Manager Thread

virtuocity

54 minutes ago, Scotty79 said:

if we’re hoping for clarke then let’s hope not as he’s at some tourney down south today, also if we’re supposed to be interviewing more people this week then i expect any kind of news to be later this week, i really doubt we’ll have anyone before saturdays game

Ĺast official communique from Rugby Road DID say manager would be confirmed today.

Actually it might just be an update.

Where's the Kalms and Tizer.....

Edited by WIGHT and BLUE

13 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Also interesting Mixu saying he with and did a bit of homework after United. This is exactly the same as when he left Hibs and joined us.  First time fair enough, but to do it a second  time raises a sight alarm bell. 

I'd be more alarmed if he wasn't out learning new things and had been mostly down the boozer during his time off!  Is what an employer wants to hear in interviews from a candidate; "you never stop learning" etc etc.

Just now, RAG said:

I'd be more alarmed if he wasn't out learning new things and had been mostly down the boozer during his time off!  Is what an employer wants to hear in interviews from a candidate; "you never stop learning" etc etc.

Spot on.

That's probably the thing I like best about Mixu - he is always keen to learn and improve himself.

I have a few pals who played under him when he was Cowdenbeath manager and they couldn’t have sung his praises any more than they did. 

I wouldn’t be too upset if we ended up with him but what I will say is with exception of Finland, every club he’s been at he’s been there for one season. That’s a strange stat to have. 

6 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I wouldn’t be too upset if we ended up with him but what I will say is with exception of Finland, every club he’s been at he’s been there for one season. That’s a strange stat to have. 

Intersting stat.  He's probably the safe option Mixu, but with our manager turnover in recent seasons, that one season stat is a wee bit worrying..

26 minutes ago, Calummoore86 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordan_Petrić

Strange candidate. Wouldn't think he would be high on the hit list.

agree, very random, never heard him being linked to any other jobs in this country. Concerning, as to get in to the odds there must be money going on him, and for it to be so out of the blue I wonder if he has been interviewed as cannot see how this has came about any other way than word leaking out that he is interested in it

3 hours ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

Ĺast official communique from Rugby Road DID say manager would be confirmed today.

Actually it might just be an update.

Wrong on both counts:

"The process to identify a new manager is well under way and the club intends to provide a further update next week."

(7 October)

2 hours ago, RAG said:

Intersting stat.  He's probably the safe option Mixu, but with our manager turnover in recent seasons, that one season stat is a wee bit worrying..

I would have said Jimmy Mac was safe option based on how he did at Dingwall

Just now, malcr0 said:

I would have said Jimmy Mac was safe option based on how he did at Dingwall

I could see that point of view too.  Best we're gonna gets a cup win, going on the last 50 years of KFC!

Mixu didn't get sacked and the board/staff will know his methods first hand as a coach, having worked with him before.