Next Manager Thread

virtuocity

Until the last couple of years, Mixu would have been welcomed back with open arms, I think.

Now I'm not convinced, simply because of his experience at Tannadice.

He would have to work with the players we have unless he knows of some free agents. Even then, his transfer record at RP was patchy - Laurant, Berntsson, Evans, Aubameyang and Miguel were big flops and some others weren't much better.

Will the players be able to adapt to his style of play?

He would be his usual confident self but his stock clearly hasn't risen as a result of the Finland job. Big questions marks over him, I feel.

Edited by skygod

5 minutes ago, skygod said:

Until the last couple of years, Mixu would have been welcomed back with open arms, I think.

Now I'm not convinced, simply because of his experience at Tannadice.

He would have to work with the players we have unless he knows of some free agents. Even then, his transfer record at RP was patchy - Laurant, Berntsson, Evans, Aubameyang and Miguel were big flops and some others weren't much better.

Will the players be able to adapt to his style of play?

He would be his usual confident self but his stock clearly hasn't risen as a result of the Finland job. Big questions marks over him, I feel.

Can’t disagree with any of that. 

7 hours ago, RAG said:

I'd be more alarmed if he wasn't out learning new things and had been mostly down the boozer during his time off!  Is what an employer wants to hear in interviews from a candidate; "you never stop learning" etc etc.

I certainly don't disagree but if you have to do this every 2nd or 3rd appointment it could become a cop out.  

Certainly good to see a manger go out and work for his job. 

Edited by Isle of Wight Exile

3 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

While I agree with looking thoroughly are at your options if the choice candidate is smacking you in face you should get him signed up ASAP. 

Bit like if you could sign Messi, but I'll have a look at Moarata, Lacazette et al. Eventually Messi will get bored waiting and bugger off. 

Or could just be me being impatient!

I think you're being impatient, where exactly are they buggering off to? Most of them have been without a job for ages. I don't think they can be fussy over having to wait a few days.

Taking the time to make what is arguably a do or die decision is completely justified and I would rather that was the case than rushing to put someone/anyone in place just so that they can pick the team to play Partick.

That being said, with Clarke the obvious choice for many I would imagine that if there was to be an announcement tomorrow it would be to confirm him as manager. If this is not the case then I reckon at the end of the week we will get an announcement for it being Mixu. 

Why are you all so fixated on Mixu? He would be another high risk appointment, given what happened at United.

Surely there is enough savvy on the Board to realise we cannot, must not, go high risk AGAIN!

From the ones mentioned, if Clarke doesn't get it, it has to be MacIntyre.

9 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

I think you're being impatient

Yep! I am prepared for disappointment though.  

Mixi goes against what Baz so not sure   that one.

As for Clarke or others not being impressed by setup,  well that's something they can stamp their mark on.  Doesn't need to happen overnight but someone like Clarke could make big changes at Killie.  

if they are not impressed by the setup at the moment there is room for change and evidence that the board will back them. We have talk of a new facility for the club in Ayrshire. Whether a new manager would still be around to see it who knows. More relevant perhaps is that Lee Clark and Lee McCulloch were given plenty of scope to change things. Clark had his ideals of bringing in all those unknowns and was backed. The freezer thing was backed, more signings in January. The redecoration of RP to his preferences for motivation. McCulloch was given similar free reign. We’ve trained at numerous venues to find one that suited him. All at considerable outlay to the club I’d assume. Backed well in the market. The board prepared to back him again last week until he held his hands up and admitted it was too big a job. 

I think where we are lacking in a lot of areas is potentially quite attractive to a lot of candidates. They get to come in and do their own thing. There is no successful model they must abide with even if they see flaws in it. There will be plenty of chance for them to influence the club from top to bottom on and off the park. If it goes wrong there are excuses to be had. If it goes well then their reputation will be enhanced and it’s win win for everyone

The fact is that McIntyre has far more experience and a far better record than Mixu. I would feel safer with that appointment. As for those complaining about not appointing Clarke straight away, this type of debate always amuses me. They haven't a clue what's being discussed, what the opinions are of the club or Clarke himself, what stage anything is at. Doesn't stop them pontificating on it though.

3 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

The fact is that McIntyre has far more experience and a far better record than Mixu. I would feel safer with that appointment. As for those complaining about not appointing Clarke straight away, this type of debate always amuses me. They haven't a clue what's being discussed, what the opinions are of the club or Clarke himself, what stage anything is at. Doesn't stop them pontificating on it though.

I stuck a fiver on him last night, purely based on the fact that I thought 16s was way too high.

I think the club will offer it to Clarke, that goes without saying but not convinced he'd take it.

1 hour ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

Grow up you two...

It's the local teams like Man Utd and Liverpool that dominate the cream tea sessions! 

Including in Preston too sadly but you hear less about Blackburn Rovers these days ..... reasons to be thankful?

As for Killie I hope it's Clarke but would be surprised and gratified if he took it. Saw Chelsea a few times in his playing days and he struck me as an intelligent player making the best of the talent he had and boy do we need that!!