Looks like hes not resigning

kfc_superteam

Kilmarnock boss calls for more nastiness

Kilmarnock's Lee McCullochJEFF HOLMES

Under-fire Kilmarnock manager Lee McCulloch admits he sympathises with fans after seeing his side lose at home to Ross County.

Killie are still without a win this season and the home fans turned on McCulloch during another miserable defeat at Rugby Park, with many calling for him to walk away from the role.

Goals from Craig Curran and Kenny van der Weg were enough to earn Owen Coyle a first win since taking over at Ross County, and a defeated McCulloch blasted the efforts of his players but refused to resign.

I feel let down by that first half,'' he said.Second half we huffed and puffed but to no avail.

``There has to be a realisation of where we are when we go on that pitch.

``We have let the fans down and I'm well aware of that, I'm well aware of their frustration and they were actually probably kind not to be booing longer and to be more hostile after that performance.

``We need to get back to doing the ugly side of the game. We spoke about adding a bit more aggression as a team. I'm disappointed to be brutally honest.

``There has to be a nastiness in our team. We're too nice, but happy to walk about with a swagger, with our toilet bags under our arms, and look the part but not be the part.

``I'm upset. I've let one or two individuals know.''

He added: ``I can sympathise with it (the fans), and that's the truth. I try to bring honesty into it. The fans are only as bad as I thought they should have been after that performance, and that's the truth.

``I'm well aware they're hurting, I'm hurting but I will keep going.

``I want to turn this around, I want to get this win because there are players there who on their day can cause problems, that's the frustrating thing.

``But I'll be there.

McCulloch was in the changing rooms for around an hour after the game and made it clear to the players what he thought of their performance.

There's a frustration in me that I unloaded after the game - I had to,'' he said.There's too much at stake, there's too many jobs at stake for players to be going through the motions. That's not me, I can't put my name to that first-half performance - that was embarrassing.''

A f**king disgrace and shows he gives not flying f**k about the club. We are going down if he stays any longer as manager, no ifs, no buts. It's not just been him obviously but since he has come in we gone backwards year after year, he hasn't done ANYTHING to merit him still being here as player,coach,manager, nothing and the fact he is only just now starting to come under any sort of pressure is utterly baffling to me. 

It is crystal clear that he isn't delivering the goods. He got the job on the back of mediocre results and such are our diminished standards that many people wanted him in the job. At no point this season has he looked like he has a game plan or the ability to change things during a match.  The board put him in place and they must now sort out their own mess.

What possible reason would he have for resigning? He has been out of ideas for a month now but has no intention of doing the boards job for them. 

The "board" are too impotent to do anything. They put in the silly plastic pitch, gave Lee the job and are building a magnificent new corporate hospitality facility for the Hun / tatty muncher fans. What else do they need to do? Everything is going swimmingly.

There was hardly any even any booing despite one of the most insipid team performances I have seen from a KFC team. 

What incentive would Lee have to walk until he starts to get some verbal encouragement from the stands?

We as fans have to start putting some verbal pressure on the manager, players and the board to let them know that we find these performances unacceptable. chants, singing, and booing would be a start when we can see a group of players and management who are making no effort. 

You could of heard a pin drop inside Rugby Park today

12 minutes ago, Bobby Street Roll said:

It is crystal clear that he isn't delivering the goods. He got the job on the back of mediocre results and such are our diminished standards that many people wanted him in the job. At no point this season has he looked like he has a game plan or the ability to change things during a match.  The board put him in place and they must now sort out their own mess.

Spot f**king on. Also agree about people comparing it to Foran, large contract, rookie manager, takes no responsibility, blames 1 or 2 players or the full team which ever takes his fancy, totally stubborn despite how f**king awful of a job he has done, is doing and the damage he will do. I mean, f**k resigning when you are under little to no pressure and could get yourself a payout

20 minutes ago, piffer said:

Given his apparent reluctance to take the job in the first place I did think there was a high chance he would resign. Reading that interview there’s no chance. It’s like some of the gibberish Foran spouted last season. I only hope we are not stupid enough to stick like ICT did

Was it every solidly stated that he was reluctant? Or did the club just wait on it for a while? Can't remember what was confirmed and what wasn't. 

He was reluctant to commit to wanting the job. It was always just do his best for the club and see what happens at the end of the season. Even after the win vs ICT their was no real statement of intent. Around that time there was also speculation of a number three role in Govan he might have been interested in

Our illustrious board are too interested in looking after there own interests to take care of on field problems. For years now there has been a culture of look after yourself which started with Jamie Moffat and was carried on by his lawyer to the nth degree. Bowie and to a lesser extent Kiltie have carried on the practice why else would they be building an "executive suite" that if rumours are to be believed will bring no benefit to KFC ? 

BB and the lawyer have stolen the only valuable and profitable asset we had and even if by some remote chance they remove themselves from the football club I bet there will be a clause in the contract that allows Billy Boy to park his Tonka trucks at the Dundonald road entrance in perpetuity. We all raged at MJs Machiavellian and selfish ways but it seems BB in particular has continued in a similar vein. Until we have a regime change our club will not move forward and the wrong decisions will keep coming. Perhaps this explains why other prominent possible investors are keeping there hands in there pockets 

Speaking to fellow Killie fans after the game tonight and I said I long for the day that the Board has the same ambition as the fans, and I was flabbergasted when they rounded on me to say I was being unreasonable and was I not aware of this great new hospitality box that's being built!

They walk amongst us..... :11:

I predict that if we have a similar performance to today or the Motherwell game away at Patrick the fans will turn on the manager and the board. The players and manager deserve our support at the Thistle game but we need a reaction and a better performance. As LM said earlier this week the time for talking is over and we(he) need (s) results.

I can't see us beating Patrick and if we lose that game he has to go. 

Edited by MarkyMark

There is an acceptance by us that we are not going to win, hence the silence. We expect to get beaten, it's the norm. It's like we're going through the motions because we've suffered the same s**te now for years. Rugby Park is fast becoming a no go zone and that is sad. The players don't show up, there are less of us showing up, where will it end? We've been flirting with relegation for a few seasons now and I fear that this will be one campaign too much. I don't even know if a new manager could motivate this current bunch of 'players', they're that bad and uninterested.