The Board

Ken T

2 hours ago, 18yardhero said:

Appointing Kirsten Callaghan who learned at the feet of Johnston to carry on where he left off was a HUGE mistake. She is a total nobody that doesn't carry any respect in the least (respect has to be earned) and she has as little idea of how to grow our club as her mentor. I would suggest that the only reason she was hired was part of the deal that allowed Johnston to step down, as she was complicit in all his shenanigans (I'll just sign this contract myself shall I?) and will be able to continue to cover his tracks when he's not there. I can't see why if that is that case that Bowie or Kiltie couldn't now appoint someone to actually do the job that they clearly can't and put Johnston's lackey on gardening leave until such times as they could get shot of her. That's what a clever business person would do. Maybe that's the problem, this isn't their field of expertise?

This post would suggest it clearly isn't your area of expertise either.

3 hours ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

Looks like Michael Johnston was actually the man holding the club together.

In all seriousness John Kiltie and Billy Bowie are embarrassing themselves and are clearly clueless and spineless.

I want them out. if they had any self respect for themselves and any respect at all for the fans they would be banging on the door of every fan group killie has and begging them to join the board. 

In fact if they cared about killie one bit they'd walk away handing their shares over so we can become fan owned and move forward and start afresh. 

it's simple who would invest in this up to know get a grip

20 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

Why should fans have to pay for it when they already pay for a season ticket, merchandise et al. And at a time when ticket prices are verging on extortion, attendances are low and the quality on the pitch is dire? 

Anyone looking to progress the club would do well to pick the brains of those who support and fund it, and do so without charge. 

TIK isn't the answer, as shown with the very poor response. I appreciate that there is a lot of people behind the scenes putting in a lot of work to get it off the ground, but at the end of the day it's another outgoing that a lot of people could probably do without right now. Therefor, if the men in charge are so keen on fan representation, then why must it be at a cost to the supporters who have been a cash cow in Scottish football for too long? 

If not subscribing makes me less of a fan than you then congratulations.

I never said it made you less of a fan than me - that thought must be going through your head though so don't pin it on me. TIK isn't the answer? Tell me why exactly? What alternative is there? What do you suggest apart from wanting something for nothing? TIK or schemes like it are working all over the world, even your Barcelona's employ similar schemes where fans pay 'membership' money and that helps fund their own club. The Barca fans get to feel some sort of entitlement because they pay their way, and costs stay down because there are so many of them. This is just about getting a fan on the board, I actually agree the club shoudl do that now free gratis, this is about getting a sustainable revenue stream from the fans so we can help the club grow and get a say in how the club spend it i.e. player wages, training gear, safe standing, all that sort of stuff.

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

In hindsight yes, but as there were signs of improvement during the Accies match, then the board had to give him time to see if McCulloch could turn things around....

honestly wit improvements was there it's been horrendous four at least 5 years tell me the last time killie played decent 2 games on the trot and I mean good attacking football Making chances and on the front foot 

31 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

Why should fans have to pay for it when they already pay for a season ticket, merchandise et al. And at a time when ticket prices are verging on extortion, attendances are low and the quality on the pitch is dire? 

Anyone looking to progress the club would do well to pick the brains of those who support and fund it, and do so without charge. 

TIK isn't the answer, as shown with the very poor response. I appreciate that there is a lot of people behind the scenes putting in a lot of work to get it off the ground, but at the end of the day it's another outgoing that a lot of people could probably do without right now. Therefor, if the men in charge are so keen on fan representation, then why must it be at a cost to the supporters who have been a cash cow in Scottish football for too long? 

If not subscribing makes me less of a fan than you then congratulations.

So would you expect a seat on the board of Tesco because you buy your shopping there every week? Get real ffs.

11 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

it's been downhill that's why last 3 appointments have been shocking as the performances we need to make sure we get the right man in 

Can't disagree with you on that point, the point I was making was after the Hamilton game, where we played ok for the first 70 mins, LM had to be given at least another few games to see if it was a fluke, which it turned out to be, or if the players were starting to gel and improve performances. If it hadn't been for a decent performance in Aberdeen, he might even have went before either the Dundee or Ross Co games or both.

12 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Can't disagree with you on that point, the point I was making was after the Hamilton game, where we played ok for the first 70 mins, LM had to be given at least another few games to see if it was a fluke, which it turned out to be, or if the players were starting to gel and improve performances. If it hadn't been for a decent performance in Aberdeen, he might even have went before either the Dundee or Ross Co games or both.

Yes but we haven't been consistent for years one reselt now and again isnt good enough 

Just now, C4mmy31 said:

Unfortunately mate, if we had a crystal ball, results & performances would be different I'm sure....

i followed killie for over 40 years and we had some bad teams but know we are fulltime and we had good players who were part time so there is know excuse now for a young player who has those facilities 7 days a week at there disposal sometimes over coached just let them play there natural game and see what happens 

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

So would you expect a seat on the board of Tesco because you buy your shopping there every week? Get real ffs.

That's a ridiculous statement you've made there. You've missed the point completely. 

The board should have fan representation regardless of a £100k investment.

"Get real FFS"

5 hours ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

Looks like Michael Johnston was actually the man holding the club together.

In all seriousness John Kiltie and Billy Bowie are embarrassing themselves and are clearly clueless and spineless.

I want them out. if they had any self respect for themselves and any respect at all for the fans they would be banging on the door of every fan group killie has and begging them to join the board. 

In fact if they cared about killie one bit they'd walk away handing their shares over so we can become fan owned and move forward and start afresh. 

First sentence correct. The rest is pish.

2 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

That's a ridiculous statement you've made there. You've missed the point completely. 

The board should have fan representation regardless of a £100k investment.

"Get real FFS"

Why is it a rediculous statement? The hard reality your failing to grasp is we are all customers of a business. That doesn't entitle anyone to have a say at boardroom level, in its day to day running & decision making, just because it's the football club you happen to support.

Edited by C4mmy31

50 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Why is it a rediculous statement? The hard reality your failing to grasp is we are all customers of a business. That doesn't entitle anyone to have a say at boardroom level, in its day to day running & decision making, just because it's the football club you happen to support.

Yet we're always banging on that the football club is much more than a business, that it should be a part of the community, that those in charge are merely custodians.
I'm not knocking TiK but I feel 'Bobby14' makes a very valid point that the board should have fan representation regardless of a £100K investment.
If the support is the lifeblood of the club they should not have to buy their way in to have a say.
If that smacks of entitlement I apologise and expect to be shot down in flames for being naive.

1 hour ago, Philo said:

Yet we're always banging on that the football club is much more than a business, that it should be a part of the community, that those in charge are merely custodians.
I'm not knocking TiK but I feel 'Bobby14' makes a very valid point that the board should have fan representation regardless of a £100K investment.
If the support is the lifeblood of the club they should not have to buy their way in to have a say.
If that smacks of entitlement I apologise and expect to be shot down in flames for being naive.

You are making the same mistake as the other guy though and only looking at the first target, and I'm not saying you are daft or naive or anything like that, jut not considering the big picture here. The Trust could probably push for a place on the board right now with the number of shares they have. The real point in TIK is to show the board that the fans are willing to financially back their own club other than just by buying a season ticket, because to some fans a season ticket is of no use, and I would think also to show the board that the fans can act as an organised group in fundraising and at least meet one of the criteria they will be look for as a board member. The point of the Trust director is to have someone on the board who is more than just a custodian and who has no personal agenda to consider, only what's best for the club. These questions have been asked and answered previously by plunkit, that's why I understand what its all about now. Once you click, you'll sign for TIK. You cna have that slogan for free.

8 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

A business which gets my custom by way of ticket and merchandise sales... Both of which have been falling in the last few years. Therefor, interaction with the customer base in the form of fan representation on the board makes sense in order to further the business. 

The right of Kilmarnock fans to criticise the Board or anyone else connected with the club is questionable at the current time. Less than 200 of us are willing to spend £3.50 a week to play our part in moving the club forward. If you're  not contributing and can afford it, have a look at yourself in the mirror before you criticise those who have put thousands ( millions in one case ) and their time into the club.......whatever their failings. 

1 hour ago, Bobby14 said:

A business which gets my custom by way of ticket and merchandise sales... Both of which have been falling in the last few years. Therefor, interaction with the customer base in the form of fan representation on the board makes sense in order to further the business. 

It get's your custom but what if we're relegated or we lose 10 games in a row? You may go to every game and buy a new strip every year but if the team is playing pish or is relegated a lot of fans will not bother. 

A business needs to get as many revenue streams in as possible. St Mirren fans pay a regular sum to help prop up their club, Motherwell and Hearts the same. Do we not need to because we're killie fans?

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

The right of Kilmarnock fans to criticise the Board or anyone else connected with the club is questionable at the current time. Less than 200 of us are willing to spend £3.50 a week to play our part in moving the club forward. If you're  not contributing and can afford it, have a look at yourself in the mirror before you criticise those who have put thousands ( millions in one case ) and their time into the club.......whatever their failings. 

Never thought I would say this but well said. I must be mellowing in my old age.

The new board may be many things but after this quick decision they cannot be called spineless, I was almost resigned to  having Lee here until Xmas.

The board have assessed and acted swiftly, we may in the end get relegated but this decision at least gives us a chance to freshen up and employ someone with some tactical know how