The All Singing, All Dancing Kris Boyd In The Media MegaThread™

kfc_superteam

he has a dilemma at moment ---

if his team get a decent manager and start doing well he will be happy but his media work will be limited 

if they continue to struggle along -- he will be on hand for every sound bite needed by any media outlet at any time of the day 

seriously though this non stop chat about one of our rival clubs by our own player is going way OTT in recent weeks and surprised has been allowed by the club

17 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I don't agree with the comments about him leaving. He's still the best striker we have at the club and our current top scorer. 

Until such times as our other strikers improve (won't happen with Erwin) or we get new strikers in then he can't afford to not have him.

I disagree with this sentiment that he is the best striker at the club currently and our top goalscorer means we should not want Boyd to leave. 

It's not as if he's currently our top scorer with 6-7 league goals challenging the top of the goalscoring charts, he's scored 3 league goals, same amount as JJ, and scored a further 3 in league cup group stage (2 of these 3 came against League 2 Annan) 

Furthermore his physical condition earlier in the season was woeful for a supposed top flight football player (never mind 1st choice striker and captain) and he has written a few managerial team talks for upcoming games against us with his nonsense. 

He may be the current best striker at the club, but the other strikers have been so poor that it ultimately means nothing, and should not be a reason for him staying. 

Brophy will hopefully kick on in December, Erwin has the same time to come good else they will both be in the same boat as Boyd come January deemed surplus to requirements depending on what Clarke can bring in. 

i know it is stating the obvious, but until we get someone better in than Boydie he is our best striker. I am really disappointed in Erwin as I thought he would be the signing of the summer, and was really surprise we landed him.

our form has improved slightly, but we need to be much more potent going forward. i am not holding my breath for lots of new blood in january, hopefully SC can get a tune out of this team.

1 minute ago, Neilly said:

Kris Boyd is a Kilmarnock legend he is coming to the end of his career but I would hold on to him at least till the end of the season 

Still our best striker. Up to now couldn’t care less what he said on the radio. Starting to get annoying now though and think he is making himself a bit of a joke figure. Particularly last nights rant about Derek McInnes no really being offered the managers job at Ibrox so he never turned it down. Who gives a toss other than gers fans?

4 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Haha no not ever. I just mean on the shows. The big scandals about Cathro and "Shinnie still won't have a cap after this Holland friendly" and so on and so forth.

I thought McInnes would have jumped through hoops for that rangers job also... I think there might be more here than meets the eye.

The club is a complete basket case and McInness isn't stupid, that's all there is to it. 

They won't attract anyone who still has designs on developing their career as a manager. 

51 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Kris Boyd is a Kilmarnock legend he is coming to the end of his career but I would hold on to him at least till the end of the season 

Exactly this. He offers more than just goals. His game has changed over the years and is our only current forward threat. Hopefully Brophy kicks on but in reality, we are lost without Boyd upfront.

9 minutes ago, azertyuiop said:

Exactly this. He offers more than just goals. His game has changed over the years and is our only current forward threat. Hopefully Brophy kicks on but in reality, we are lost without Boyd upfront.

Agreed. He knows how to play striker way better that anyone else at the club for the moment. Still an important player for us and this must be recognised by the management as they have stuck by them.

37 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

It seems our Kris is marmite on here :)

I don't think he's marmite. I think every fan is getting a bit fed up hearing him harp on about the Rangers. In that regard we stand as one. 

However the fans can be split into two groups:

Realists - they appreciate he's miles better than every striker option we have at the club and chose to ignore his comments or laugh them of remembering that they don't somehow galvanize sides into performing above their usual performance levels. 

Snowflakes - the group that feel we should sever his contract and go with an "Accies reject with one goal" that a few weeks ago wasn't good enough and Erwin, the biggest anticlimax we'd had at the club since Faubert.

Until someone arrives who is as least comparable with Boyd then he's our number one striker. Thankfully I think Clarke will be addressing our forward line first in January. 

10 minutes ago, Oldkillie said:

To think some of the clowns on here loved the slevering king kenny for the exact same things

Kenny could string a scentence together and argue a point. He was always pro Killie and you will have to remind us all of the numerous times KS went on the radio and tv to sing the praises of his beloved Ran........oh wait you're talking sh1te!

I've always stuck up for boydy but recently he's becoming a bit of an embarrassment with his pro sevco s**te --- rangers are back ??? Rangers will never be back ---- I think boydy is trying to be the Hun Chris Sutton eg being controversial --- Sutton to me is very good at what he does whereas boydy sounds like a typical district bar bigot 

8 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

I've always stuck up for boydy but recently he's becoming a bit of an embarrassment with his pro sevco s**te --- rangers are back ??? Rangers will never be back ---- I think boydy is trying to be the Hun Chris Sutton eg being controversial --- Sutton to me is very good at what he does whereas boydy sounds like a typical district bar bigot 

Well said.   Like U backed Boyd. But it is time Kilmarnock FC told him to button it. 

3 hours ago, Oldkillie said:

To think some of the clowns on here loved the slevering king kenny for the exact same things

Don't think your assessment of Kenny's rants is 100% correct was  he not sniping at Neil Lennon and Celtic most of the time and at least Killie were always on the sports pages which meant publicity for us though I do accept some times you had your heart in your mouth but on the whole it was all good stuff!