The All Singing, All Dancing Kris Boyd In The Media MegaThread™

kfc_superteam

14 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Would you say you hate Rangers more than you love Killie?

Seems bizarre to me that you think he's tarnished his reputation at a club where he's scored 115 goals simply by talking about the huns

Comes down to respect at the end of the day. Media career or not, he should be waiting until Kilmarnock stop paying his wages until he starts playing Simply the Best on the piano etc.

That's not even mentioning how detrimental his comments have been to Killie's results. Aberdeen and Hearts have both spanked us in recent seasons due to his wannabe-controversial columns and his "winding-up" of the opposition.

Great goal scorer he is, but club legends don't act in a way that's harming the club you're being treated as a legend at, in my opinion.  

49 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Would you say you hate Rangers more than you love Killie?

Seems bizarre to me that you think he's tarnished his reputation at a club where he's scored 115 goals simply by talking about the huns

Not at all mate, I'm not that kind of guy. I just think it's completely bang out whilst he is playing with us. I can't really think of another example of anyone when playing for a football club banging on about another team,  which is end of the day is one of our rivals. It's also the manor in which he does it. And it's just not he rangers angle, the  pish talk about Aberdeen players and the nonsense about dundee Utd,  It just bloody annoys me. 

Edited by seedsy

30 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

No they haven't

Yes, they have.

Aberdeen beat us 3-1 after Boyd's comments about McLean and Shinnie:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42042006

Hearts thrashed us 4-0 after Boyd's comments about Ian Cathro:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38375140

I'd be interested to know where you think the error in my comment was?

Edited by jesper

7 minutes ago, jesper said:

Yes, they have.

Aberdeen beat us 3-1 after Boyd's comments about McLean and Shinnie:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42042006

Hearts thrashed us 4-0 after Boyd's comments about Ian Cathro:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38375140

I'd be interested to know where you think the error in my comment was?

Because those results were nothing to do with Boyd's comments, and everything to do with us being very rubbish at football until recently. 

6 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Because those results were nothing to do with Boyd's comments, and everything to do with us being very rubbish at football until recently. 

I think its naïve to think that Boyd's comments won't have spurred-on the opposition. I'm sure either Derek McInnes or one of the Aberdeen players was quoted as saying that Boyd's column was put up on the Aberdeen dressing room wall as motivation.

Whether you choose to believe it or otherwise, Boyd's comments on McLean/Shinnie/Cathro will have done more to motivate the opposition than they have to benefit Killie. 

Boyd's comments are embarrassing and most folk agree that some will have been used as a motivational tool against us. 

Yesterday showed the best side of Boyd, the bit we all love as Killie fans; the best goal scorer in a Killie shirt we've ever seen.

His comments in the media show the worst side of Boyd. I get that he is a massive Sevco fan. Tommy Burns was a massive Celtic fan, but I seriously doubt the man would have whored his views out like Boyd does. 

Maybe TB set the standards too high or maybe it's because I've never had a soft spot for a rival (Glasgow-based) team, but I think most Killie fans would be happy if he shut his trap about Sevco until he hangs up his boots and can retire with our praise ringing in his ears.

As skygod said he was critical before the Rangers game and we got a point.

Aberdeen have only dropped two points against us since McInnes took over at Aberdeen and have humped us 4-0 etc at Rugby Park... Boyd didn't comment on all those games.

Hearts game you missed the part out where most of our side before that game was injured to suit your argument. 

10 minutes ago, skygod said:

On the other hand, Boyd was very critical of Caixinha and individual players before the match at Ibrox and it made not an iota of difference.

I don't think this debate is worthy of derailing the thread, but that's not really a like-for-like example. The main reason being we were lucky to get a draw that day, had Mcdonald not saved the penalty then that would have been a 2-0 loss too. That's football I guess, ifs and buts, however I stand by my initial opinion... His comments do more to motivate the opposition than they do to benefit Killie. 

6 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

As skygod said he was critical before the Rangers game and we got a point.

Aberdeen have only dropped two points against us since McInnes took over at Aberdeen and have humped us 4-0 etc at Rugby Park... Boyd didn't comment on all those games.

Hearts game you missed the part out where most of our side before that game was injured to suit your argument. 

Have you even read my posts, or are you being deliberately obtuse? 

39 minutes ago, jesper said:

I don't think this debate is worthy of derailing the thread, but that's not really a like-for-like example. The main reason being we were lucky to get a draw that day, had Mcdonald not saved the penalty then that would have been a 2-0 loss too.

If your argument has any credibility - and I'm not saying whether it does or doesn't - things like penalty saves shouldn't be a factor because you are talking about Boyd's comments being used as a motivational tool.

Regardless of the result, I don't think anyone could say that Rangers gave a highly motivated performance.

5 hours ago, jesper said:

Comes down to respect at the end of the day. Media career or not, he should be waiting until Kilmarnock stop paying his wages until he starts playing Simply the Best on the piano etc.

That's not even mentioning how detrimental his comments have been to Killie's results. Aberdeen and Hearts have both spanked us in recent seasons due to his wannabe-controversial columns and his "winding-up" of the opposition.

Great goal scorer he is, but club legends don't act in a way that's harming the club you're being treated as a legend at, in my opinion.  

Aberdeen have a better team than us and would probably have beaten us regardless of Kris Boyd’s comments.

In the same way Kilmarnock pay him to score goals, Sky Sports, The BBC and The S*n all pay him a wage to talk about The Rangers.

I’m in the “As long as he’s scoring goals” camp. 

• 2 weeks later...