Development League - Jags (H)

skygod

Can’t believe some players are being allowed to show up, up train and basically not expected to be properly available for a Saturday. If there are fitness issues they should be playing for the development team until there are none. Bell has no game time under his belt since the playoff final. He’s obviously going to be rusty. Yet we seemed prepared to keep him that way despite the fact we could be relying on him if something were to happen to MacDonald. 

The place is a holiday camp for senior players. It’s an absolute joke. 

I genuinely believe Bell was signed as we though Jamie was leaving. I think something has happened behind scenes and a move has broken down. 

I have a few Jambo pals who said they were wanting him over the summer as their current keeper is muck. That would make a lot of sense for Jamie and Killie if he had gone back there. 

I guess the attraction to a new manager could be that McDonald, Smith, Boyd, Greer, Dicker, Hawkshaw, Kiltie and Burke* are all out of contract at the end of the year. Plenty scope if we stay up to invest properly in the team as that’s some of our biggest earners  

* please note not all mentioned should be released. 

As for development squad, has there been a rule change we’ve missed that’s resulted in exclusion for Bell and co? Or is Andy Millen digging his heels in and using the team for its purpose in developing kids and not 34 year old wingers that should be hanging up theirs boots?

Played well in spells but we have such a small squad and no real strength in depth. Some absolute sitters missed by both teams, dont think ive ever watched a game with so many missed. All the boys on the bench I think we're u 17's so no substitute were made. Makes lack of those around the first team playing even stranger. Gary dicker was on the benxh helping out. Thought that was powers job!

This supporting killie, Killie u20's and Scotland is a tough gig.

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

I genuinely believe Bell was signed as we though Jamie was leaving. I think something has happened behind scenes and a move has broken down. 

I have a few Jambo pals who said they were wanting him over the summer as their current keeper is muck. That would make a lot of sense for Jamie and Killie if he had gone back there. 

I guess the attraction to a new manager could be that McDonald, Smith, Boyd, Greer, Dicker, Hawkshaw, Kiltie and Burke* are all out of contract at the end of the year. Plenty scope if we stay up to invest properly in the team as that’s some of our biggest earners  

* please note not all mentioned should be released. 

As for development squad, has there been a rule change we’ve missed that’s resulted in exclusion for Bell and co? Or is Andy Millen digging his heels in and using the team for its purpose in developing kids and not 34 year old wingers that should be hanging up theirs boots?

Nail on head Bullitt. Don't get all this anti Bell stuff as I'm sure he didn't intend to come as a bench warmer. I'm sure there was a plan to ditch McDonald which obviously fell through. Absolutely agree with the comments on the development squad as there is a huge gulf between the end of academy life for the professional youths at under 17's to the next level which is the development squad. These young boys need to play "competitive " games regularly where fixture list apply and can't just be booted out to make room for some fitness workout for our senior players. If those senior players want fitness work make use of all those underused stairways up into those huge empty stands

Could anyone who frequently attends these games tell me about our youth atm . Seems we have lost A few to being released deemed not good enough . I hear in two years it will be scrapped and reserve league is coming back . 

I make it these boys involved in squad . Any of these players any good or promising a few unknowns but also a few eg queen and Dempsie Lyle etc who have been hanging about a while now . 

mckay Lyle walker 

queen wilson mclevy Higgins 

dempsie , mouanda, Spencer , Taylor , Barr , Macdonald , 

graham Cameron Samizadeh 

From what I gather 

graham and Cameron are the best of bunch with mouanda maybe pushing through also .