Justice for the 96

About bloody time too! 

Total exoneration for all the fans who were there that day and justice for those that perished!

The deadly mistakes and lies have finally been recognised... but when will those who perpetrated them be held to account?  

No better day for a reminder of The Sun front page and particularly it's shameless editor Kelvin MacKenzie.

IMG_20160426_133137.jpg

7 minutes ago, Scooter said:

About bloody time too! 

Total exoneration for all the fans who were there that day and justice for those that perished!

The deadly mistakes and lies have finally been recognised... but when will those who perpetrated them be held to account?  

No better day for a reminder of The Sun front page and particularly it's shameless editor Kelvin MacKenzie.

IMG_20160426_133137.jpg

And it has also come to light that Police Freemasons spun these lies as part of a cover-up.

9 hours ago, diamond_geezer said:

Never thought I'd say it, but I agree with every word Salmond said on QT. So there. 

The meeja just love to blame everything on one super villain. They know the public don't want the complicated messy truth that lots of different people f**ked up, and it's difficult to identify the straw that broke the camels back and caused a disaster. 

The polis, as an institution were criminally negligent in their crowd control but then the stadium should never have had a safety certificate in the first place.

The number of casualties could have been much lower if the ambulance service had responded appropriately.

The Sun newspaper and the BBC were criminally liable, in my view, for reproducing defamatory material about individuals who could not defend themselves without carrying out even a rudimentary verification.

But the biggest criminals in all this, for me, are those who conspired to reinforce the lies, like the Wet Midlands police who carried out an internal inquiry.

For me, Thatcher was at the root of all this by allowing the polis to do what they liked during the miners strike. She encouraged and developed a culture in the polis and the meeja where  certain high ranking individuals thought they could just make stuff up as and when it suited.

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:13 AM, gdevoy said:

The meeja just love to blame everything on one super villain. They know the public don't want the complicated messy truth that lots of different people f**ked up, and it's difficult to identify the straw that broke the camels back and caused a disaster.  

True. The FA seem to have escaped blame although they (a) allocated the match to Hillsborough and (b) albeit on police advice, refused Liverpool's request to have the larger Kop end.  

Edited by skygod

8 hours ago, Jasg said:

Think you will find the match day commander or what ever title they use down there will get the brunt of the blame.who ever gave the word to open the gates has to get most of the blame

I'm not defending him, but he was told by another senior officer that he had to open the gate or someone would die in the crush outside. If he hadn't opened the gate he might have still being facing an inquiry into the deaths of supporters

The match arrangements and safety provided were a clusterf**k of small but incremental mistakes which when added together led to an avoidable disaster. Everyone is capable of making bad decisions or freezing under the enormity of the situation they created/found themselves in, but the subsequent 27 years of denials, blame and cover ups from those in positions of power and influence are an affront to not only the victims and their families, but to wider society and their expectations of public servants acting in the best interests of the people they have been appointed to serve. As Burnham said last night, this goes right to the top of the "establishment" including politicians, the legal profession, the Police and those running the big media organisations. IMO the subsequent orchestrated cover up is far more sinister than the horrible decision making which led to the loss of lives.

I got arrested at a Clyde versus Killie game in the late 70s and half a dozen police that night and the next day in court lied through their teeth to convict me and another 3 Killie fans that night. They dragged a 14 year old Killie fan over the fence when I took him down the front to get some first aid attention as he had been hit by a glass bottle. I remenber spending the night in Gorbals police station & appearing at court the next morning. One of the policemen who arrested me said he was at the back of the terracing with his colleague and saw me throwing a bottle, which I never did. He said he and his colleague made his way down the terracing and arrested me. His colleague then came in to give evidence and said that he and his colleague were on the track beside the pitch and saw me behaving irresponsibly . They then made there way up the terracing and arrested me.

Now I may be f**king stupid but I don't think the same 2 guys could make there way up & down the terracing at the same time. I pointed this out to the judge and he had a quick think about and fined me £50 pounds for riot & affray. He then proceded to thank the Officers for taking the time out of their busy day to come to court & give evidence. To this day I will never trust another policeman. I know we have had a few on this forum but I am sorry the majority of your colleagues & leaders will lie through their teeth to get a conviction & like in the Hillsborugh case lie & pervert the course of duty to protect themselves. 

If a policeman breaks the law and lies in court he should be hammered 10 fold as at the end of the day he should be there to uphold the law not protect the police force.

The South Yorkshire Police have lied for 27 years just to try & convince everbody that they did nothing wrong.

Edited by harley
spelling

15 hours ago, skygod said:

Opening the gate is one thing; telling everyone that the fans forced it open is another.

This is the nub of it for me.

For me he should have said he orderd the gate open because someone was going to die if he didn't. He would have taken 5 years of s**t until an enquiry uncovered the history, the fact the stadium was a death trap and the fact there was no right choice to make at that point.

The real culprits operating a stadium without a valid safety certificate and the police hireachy trying to shift the blame onto others would have been flushed out. Instead, in a post miners strike culture where the police could do whatever they like and use the media to blame the oiks he created a fiction that protected the guilty for 27 years.

Time to string up Ingham too I say.

On 29 April 2016 at 10:19 PM, harley said:

I got arrested at a Clyde versus Killie game in the late 70s and half a dozen police that night and the next day in court lied through their teeth to convict me and another 3 Killie fans that night. They dragged a 14 year old Killie fan over the fence when I took him down the front to get some first aid attention as he had been hit by a glass bottle. I remenber spending the night in Gorbals police station & appearing at court the next morning. One of the policemen who arrested me said he was at the back of the terracing with his colleague and saw me throwing a bottle, which I never did. He said he and his colleague made his way down the terracing and arrested me. His colleague then came in to give evidence and said that he and his colleague were on the track beside the pitch and saw me behaving irresponsibly . They then made there way up the terracing and arrested me.

Now I may be f**king stupid but I don't think the same 2 guys could make there way up & down the terracing at the same time. I pointed this out to the judge and he had a quick think about and fined me £50 pounds for riot & affray. He then proceded to thank the Officers for taking the time out of their busy day to come to court & give evidence. To this day I will never trust another policeman. I know we have had a few on this forum but I am sorry the majority of your colleagues & leaders will lie through their teeth to get a conviction & like in the Hillsborugh case lie & pervert the course of duty to protect themselves. 

If a policeman breaks the law and lies in court he should be hammered 10 fold as at the end of the day he should be there to uphold the law not protect the police force.

The South Yorkshire Police have lied for 27 years just to try & convince everbody that they did nothing wrong.

That was some night, sweet jesus, remember them selling the wee bottles which quickly became missiles smashing off the roof girders

On a subject very close to my heart i despair at the freemason comments. Culpability is culpability regardless. Ignorance of freemasonry is ignorance itself. The referee will be getting the blame next as hes the mason in the black.? I embrace all opinions and open forums for vox populi yet I have to rail against blatant stupidity clouding a serious issue. I dont go to the football as a freemason. Neither did those at hillsborough or indeed at ibrox or bradford or heysel. Such stupid pernicious banal beliefs cloud those that believe freemasons killed the truth. Justice for the 96 is the end of a long journey that should be embraced. Not used as a selective blame vehicle by human beings little more developed than amoeba.

Such a poor cross reference. His promotion despite ability was due to a society membership.? Hence if you cut yer uncles grass and get a job with the cooncil...cos he works there... and you are heed o the grass cutting and someone loses their hand on a grasscutter cos you just telt him to cut grass the way he was shown and you thought that was ok... tell his family about his lost hand...and how you got the job....? Eh naw. Accept culpability regardless of how you got the job... baws to take the pay equals baws to pay

Edited by eurofog
spelling