Boyd interview on early Killie days

amc48c

For all the Killie fans who have slagged off boydie over the years just ask yourself would you rather have had him playing for us or against us? He may not have been in the past one of the hardest workers in our team or indeed just now not a patch on what he was but I for one am glad he has contributed something to the club in his various spells with us and I accept but don't particularly like the fact he is a big hun!

1 hour ago, Bbk said:

For all the Killie fans who have slagged off boydie over the years just ask yourself would you rather have had him playing for us or against us? He may not have been in the past one of the hardest workers in our team or indeed just now not a patch on what he was but I for one am glad he has contributed something to the club in his various spells with us and I accept but don't particularly like the fact he is a big hun!

No one is denying how well he's done for us in the past. But if you were to tell me we're playing motherwell at the weekend with Boyd up top instead of Moult or playing County last season with Boyd instead of Boyce then i'd be ya dancer. 

I think we have to a be a bit fairer than we are, I think a lot of people have forgotten just how many goals he scored for us and how many times his goals was the difference from 0 points to 3 points. 

Bear in mind a footballer has a limited career as a footballer so don’t slate him for trying to secure a career after he hangs up his boots. 

12 hours ago, The_new_gaffer said:

I think we have to a be a bit fairer than we are, I think a lot of people have forgotten just how many goals he scored for us and how many times his goals was the difference from 0 points to 3 points. 

Bear in mind a footballer has a limited career as a footballer so don’t slate him for trying to secure a career after he hangs up his boots. 

it is a difficult one as I do wish Boyd well in whatever career he decides to follow after hanging up his boots, it is just the way he is going about forging this new career spouting about the huns constantly whilst still a registered player at a rival team that is infuriating. 

I completely understand that he has to play to the masses and given he is not the most naturally articulate of characters this is his in to a sports broadcasting career so he has to go with it. 

He would also get a slightly less hard time I believe he was properly winding down his footballing career in the Championship as I doubt many people would pass as much comment about his media career.

However the issue is that if he has appeared to have given up on his football career (fitness wise) whilst running down a pretty lucrative contract (might not be millions but is still one of if not the highest earner at the club) at Killie.

If this was Kris Boyd in Season 2017/18 

59df2c5f95a41_boyd1.jpg.62d13c49d9f5280e70d2842489cd7692.jpg

rather than this -

59df2e7dd5d5a_Boyd2.jpg.12596d610b766e22c6b1d0c6a0cfdd64.jpg

then again I'm sure people would be more willing to turn a blind eye/ignore whatever pish he is spouting in the media.

The fact remain that Kris Boyd of previous seasons was a fantastic goalscorer and a club legend (especially for his goals in 2013/14), but now is in a disgraceful state for a top flight footballer as well as being one of our highest earners. 

The fans are quite rightly questioning this and giving him pelters for focusing more on spouting about the huns and solidifying his media career than getting in shape, helping out the team and most importantly scoring goals. 

12 hours ago, The_new_gaffer said:

Don't think anyone would begrudge him a career after football.

However the way he's going about it lacks class, not to mention he's primarily a footballer first and foremost, one of our highest, if not highest earner and clearer nowhere near fit.

He shouts his mouth off in the media. And like Sutton, he'll need to learn to take it back.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Don't think anyone would begrudge him a career after football.

However the way he's going about it lacks class, not to mention he's primarily a footballer first and foremost, one of our highest, if not highest earner and clearer nowhere near fit.

He shouts his mouth off in the media. And like Sutton, he'll need to learn to take it back.

Fat, useless, has-been hun. Left us twice to sign with them, should never have been given a third chance. Even more galling given his current media spouting pish

24 minutes ago, Mark Robertson said:

Fat, useless, has-been hun. Left us twice to sign with them, should never have been given a third chance. Even more galling given his current media spouting pish

He's kept himself in shape considering he was alive during the 4th century...

6 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

He's kept himself in shape considering he was alive during the 4th century...

Are you a secret The Rangers fan? Hun is used to describe them because of the German connection to their beloved royal family or because of the huns rioting after their 1972 cup winners cup final in Barcelona. After many of them were arrested and brought to court, the court transcribe states that the judge described the old (old as in pre-newco) Rangers fans actions like huns because of the riotous behaviour (an obvious reference to the marauding huns you're alluding to) So using the term hun to describe them has a legal basis under Spanish law.

12 minutes ago, Mark Robertson said:

Are you a secret The Rangers fan? Hun is used to describe them because of the German connection to their beloved royal family or because of the huns rioting after their 1972 cup winners cup final in Barcelona. After many of them were arrested and brought to court, the court transcribe states that the judge described the old (old as in pre-newco) Rangers fans actions like huns because of the riotous behaviour (an obvious reference to the marauding huns you're alluding to) So using the term hun to describe them has a legal basis under Spanish law.

No, it's just a bigoted term, up there with any derogatory term thrown at Celtic' fans... it's not got any place amongst Killie fans.

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

How's the word Hun bigoted? I'm genuinely interested.

Please don't say it upsets Rangers fans. How's it actually bigoted?

Most people don't consider it to be bigoted nor offensive but, from a pure footballing perspective ......

The SFA made it clear that they find the term offensive and in April last year Hampden chiefs censured Celtic star John Guidetti for singing "the huns are deid".

The SFA ruled he was guilty of making a "comment of an offensive nature".

Edited by C4mmy31
Grammar

Because they aren't called "huns" in Scotland because of some legal court case in Spain under Spanish law. The word "hun" has become (rightly or wrongly) a derogatory word to describe a Protestant similar to Fenian for a catholic. 

We live in Scotland, and none of you are that naive as to think that that's not why people call Celtic fans or Rangers fans those words.

I also think Rangers lead a campaign for the use of the word to be banned... so for that reason, it's an inflammatory word, a word neither of you would be confident calling anyone at Ibrox because of the reaction you would get.

It's a derogatory term, used in such a manner and the bigoted side comes from the fact a bigot just hates a particular opinion, person or in this case club to a point where someone who is in the top ten best strikers to play for this club based on goals is labelled as such because of who he played for or supports. That's why it's bigoted!

3 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Because they aren't called "huns" in Scotland because of some legal court case in Spain under Spanish law. The word "hun" has become (rightly or wrongly) a derogatory word to describe a Protestant similar to Fenian for a catholic. 

We live in Scotland, and none of you are that naive as to think that that's not why people call Celtic fans or Rangers fans those words.

I also think Rangers lead a campaign for the use of the word to be banned... so for that reason, it's an inflammatory word, a word neither of you would be confident calling anyone at Ibrox because of the reaction you would get.

It's a derogatory term, used in such a manner and the bigoted side comes from the fact a bigot just hates a particular opinion, person or in this case club to a point where someone who is in the top ten best strikers to play for this club based on goals is labelled as such because of who he played for or supports. That's why it's bigoted!

Utter nonsense.

I call Huns, Huns as that's what they are. I call my dad, dad as he's my dad, not cause he's protestant.

I've never heard a protestant called a Hun unless they happen to support Sevco. I've never heard the word Huns used other than to describe Sevco fans.

The word Fenian i'll give you, as it's directly associated with Irish Republicanism. Fenian is usually followed by bastard if it's been used in an offensive manner. Same way Orange is used that way.

I certainly wouldn't label the word Hun in the same category.

PS - The Killie support have sung about Huns at Ibrox for as long as I can remember. Never hear songs about Fenians or Orange folk en masse though.

Rangers wanting it banned means f**k all. They are worse than Celtic these days for mock ourage.

Ive used it hundreds of times at Ipox over the last 40 years with no fear of any reaction. Whats wrong, are you scared of the big bad huns? In fact you sound more and more like a mini hun just wanting to defend them at every cut and turn. It is primarily used by people like me to annoy the feck out of them because it does. Its a bit rich to be defending their faux sense of outrage at the term when you have heard the same s**te and bile sung from their stands for decades. I am quite happy to use a derogatory term to describe the majority of The Rangers fans, it might be a derogatory term but it is not a bigoted one. I refer you to my previous post on bigotry, in fact it might have been a response to one of posts, not sure and cant be bothered checking.