Club shop

piffer

2 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

Totally agree wholeheartedly with you mate 

Is advertising, presence. visibility, day in day out in town.

You could probably staff it with "volunteers" if you got a discount on kit.

Club (Or even the trust) are missing a trick I'd say.

2 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Do we no do ladies replica shirts? We've goat a wimmins team FFS.

No, nothing. Had a random look at Glasgow Warriors, and Spurs shop websites. Warriors had around three items of clothing for women, Spurs' site is on a completely different scale and I wouldn't expect us to stock that much because it wouldn't get sold but we should have something.

Edited by Wrangodog

On 13/10/2017 at 7:05 PM, RAG said:

Especially with amount of empty shop units in the town!

The outlay would be tiny compared to Kirk Broadfoot.

Empty units because a) hardly anyone goes in to the town centre and b) rates as so high that wee independent shops can't make any money due to the lack of punters and high outlay. Killie shop would be in exact same boat. I think it is fine where is. Can get parked right outside it and serves its purpose well. A bigger shop doesn't mean it's better

1 hour ago, Trojan76 said:

Empty units because a) hardly anyone goes in to the town centre and b) rates as so high that wee independent shops can't make any money due to the lack of punters and high outlay. Killie shop would be in exact same boat. I think it is fine where is. Can get parked right outside it and serves its purpose well. A bigger shop doesn't mean it's better

I didn't suggest they closed the shop at Rugby Park mate, nor did I suggest they took over a jumbo unit of high rateable value like the former BHS building.

What I thought was an additional shop, in area of high footfall (say the Burns Mall - across from Farmfoods), small shop unit, most of the frontage devoted to "NEXT MATCH AT RUGBY PARK.. v HIBS".  Visibility and advertising being its primary purpose, not all fans have cars , so it would cater for them.

1 hour ago, Trojan76 said:

Any new shop would cost money, which in this business driven world, would not be seen as worth while as I couldn't see it turning a profit. As for burns mall, that's the highest rates in the town 

All right then, I’ll settle for a Giant Plasma screen advertising the next game in the Burns Mall. They could use cuts from all the YouTube videos produced by the club, chuck in a few stats too on a loop. On a budget, are still loads of ways you could get visibility in town and in the punters faces (outwith match day or the online presence). 

Edited by RAG
typos!