Steve Clarke and Alex Dyer confirmed

Scouser2

Now it's all confirmed .....and no longer speculation let us hope this is the Management team to turn our club around..Good Luck to both 

------------

Kilmarnock FC announce Steve Clarke as club's new manager

in Club News October 14, 2017

The Kilmarnock Football Club Limited is delighted to confirm Steve Clarke as the club’s new manager.

The 54-year-old Ayrshireman has agreed a deal at Rugby Park until the end of the 2019/20 season.

Steve will take up his role and be introduced to the media on Monday, October 16.

He will be assisted by former Blackpool and Charlton Athletic defender Alex Dyer. 

Following a successful playing career with St Mirren and Chelsea, Steve has held coaching positions at some of Britain’s biggest clubs including Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham United, Newcastle and West Bromwich Albion.

Steve said: "I'm delighted to be back in football and I'm especially delighted to be named Kilmarnock manager. 

"In my discussions with the board we spoke about stability and while we need to fix the current situation, I'm looking to provide that stability to this great club.

"I'm looking forward to working with the board, staff, players and supporters to ensure future success at the club." 

The board of directors are delighted to have secured the services of such a well-respected and talented manager. 

Steve has a proven track record in British and European football and we look forward to welcoming him to Rugby Park.

A former Scotland international, Steve was assistant manager to Jose Mourinho as Chelsea won two English Premier League titles, two League Cups and one FA Cup.

After working under Gianfranco Zola at West Ham and Scotland legend Kenny Dalglish at Liverpool, Steve moved to West Bromwich Albion. During his time at The Hawthorns, he led the Baggies to 8th place, their highest-ever English Premier League finish.

Another notable achievement saw Steve lead Reading to their first FA Cup semi-final in 88 years as they went down 2-1 to Arsenal at Wembley.

Everyone at the club wishes Steve every success as manager.

Edited by Scouser2

Never thought this was a realistic option so I'm delighted and surprised that he has been appointed. Very ambitious move by the board, don't remember a managerial appointment causing so much excitement. Obviously TB was extra special but he was already at the club.   

Us fans now need to be patient and give him some time to build his own squad. If he can keep us up this year I'll be happy enough with that and then he can rebuild next summer.  

18 minutes ago, Comeonkillie said:

Great appointment...this sends a big message to others in the SPL.  Killie mean business!!!

It certainly sends a message that the club are not going to sit quietly while they fade into History.

Good news, glad they have finally put a stake in the ground. A statement that the board are prepare to dig in and make a fight of things. 

• CB pinned this topic