Steve Clarke and Alex Dyer confirmed

Scouser2

Steve Clarke says he has resisted the temptation to make major changes in his first few days as Kilmarnock manager.

Clarke, appointed last week, takes his side to face Rangers at Ibrox on Wednesday in his first match in charge.

"You can't come in and bombard them with too much information," he said.

"We have worked on one or two basic principles that should be good enough to help us go forward, and slowly over the season we will keep adding little principles, better principles."

Former Reading and West Brom manager Clarke, who replaced Lee McCulloch at Rugby Park, hopes to introduce a "better style of play" at Kilmarnock as the season goes on.

"It's going to be slowly, slowly that things will start to change, but hopefully the Kilmarnock fans will see one or two changes in the coming matches," he explained.

14 minutes ago, aldo said:

I hope he's spent the last week or so trying to get rid of the defeatist attitude a lot of Scottish players have about playing the old firm away. go out and give them a game, if you get beat, at least you gave it a shot

Even Broadfoot's pre-match interview for Rangers has a whiff of defeatist attitude to it. All about frustrating them and hoping for the best.

28 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

With the papers reporting that Rangers willing to spend £1.5 million to get McInness hopefully themselves or Aberdeen don't make a move for Clarke. I know he is just in the door but you never know! Rangers are said to be looking at British candidates

He’s 40/1 with bookmakers. 

However there’s a snowballs chance in hell we would walk out the club two weeks into a new project. 

Don't worry!

There is no doubt Clarke and Dyer will attract interest from other clubs....lets hope so, as it should mean they are doing a good job for us...as previously posted by many its now the turn of the fans to back the board by turning up in numbers to match their investment and show our new management team that they made a wise choice in coming here, it may also provide them with the confidence to provide more funds during the transfer window to improve the squad.

But lets be honest if the gates and external income streams don't improve the will to invest by the board will wane.... 

All I want is enough time for Clarke to stamp his mark on the club and put the necessary infrastructure in place.  

Then if a better move does come along, I'm happy for him to leave and either Dyer or someone else like Gary Holt come in and pickup where Clarke left off. With all the necessary groundwork already in place. 

3 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

All I want is enough time for Clarke to stamp his mark on the club and put the necessary infrastructure in place.  

Then if a better move does come along, I'm happy for him to leave and either Dyer or someone else like Gary Holt come in and pickup where Clarke left off. With all the necessary groundwork already in place. 

Nah I'd rather just keep him until he retires.