Some buzz around the place

Neilly

The buzz was already there when Burns signed but that topped it off. I remember I was sitting in the car with my dad waiting on my mum coming out her work, behind John Menzies, when west sound announced it. My auld dad had to get out the car and wander about he was so hyped up. A massive coup for us closely followed by Stark and many other players we thought were out our league. Great times.

1 hour ago, historyman said:

In terms of trophies won we can't be far off top six. Certainly in the top ten at least.  

We're 7th.

Rangers 54 league, 33 Scottish, 27 League cups and 1 cup winners cup. Total 115

Celtic 48 league, 37 scottish, 16 league cup and 1 European cup Total 102

Aberdeen 4 League, 7 scottish, 6 league cup, 1 cup winners cup and 1 super cup. Total 19

Hearts 4 League, 8 scottish, 4 league cup. Total 16

Hibs 4 League, 3 scottish, 3 league cup. Total 10

Queens Park 10 scottish cups. Total 10

Killie 1 League, 3 Scottish, 1 league cup. Total 5.

Dundee and dundee united both have 5 trophies aswell but they have less scottish cups than us.

12 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

We're 7th.

Aberdeen 4 League, 7 scottish, 6 league cup, 1 cup winners cup and 1 super cup. Total 19

Dundee and dundee united both have 5 trophies aswell but they have less scottish cups than us.

One of the teams no longer exist and Queens Park's last cup win was 1893 so I reckon that places us 5th.

Edited by Prahakillie

2 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

One of the teams no longer exist and Queens Park's last cup win was 1893 so I reckon that places us 5th.

I did think about that but thought copy and paste was easier ha. Technically Queens park should be below us as a league win should supersede a cup win.

Edited by PrestersKtid

22 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

Rangers did die but unfortunately before they died they were Scotland's most successful club, so IMO stay top but with a wee * next to it and then at the bottom another wee * with an explanation of how Rangers were liquidated in 2012 and replaced by a new club Sevco Scotland 5088 AKA The Rangers FC.

Which to put us back on topic would place us 6th as I agree with you Queen's Park point plus the fact they haven't graced the top league in 59 years (according to wikipedia) and we are on a 25 year top league run with 2 cups thrown in for good measure. 

5 minutes ago, Van Tornhout's Header said:

Rangers did die but unfortunately before they died they were Scotland's most successful club, so IMO stay top but with a wee * next to it and then at the bottom another wee * with an explanation of how Rangers were liquidated in 2012 and replaced by a new club Sevco Scotland 5088 AKA The Rangers FC.

Which to put us back on topic would place us 6th as I agree with you Queen's Park point plus the fact they haven't graced the top league in 59 years (according to wikipedia) and we are on a 25 year top league run with 2 cups thrown in for good measure. 

Should be an asterisk next to their league number, regardless of the died/not died bobbins.

1st league title was 'shared' with Dumbarton. However, I believe i'm right in saying that if any of the modern ways to determine league winners was in place, Dumbarton would have won on their own. Goal difference, goal average, goals scored, goals against, results against each other, 'away goals' in the play off match (ok, ok, so it was on neutral ground and finished 2-2)

1 hour ago, PrestersKtid said:

We're 7th.

No disrespect to Queens Park but given all their Scottish Cups were in the 1800s then then pinch of salt springs to mind!

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

No disrespect to Queens Park but given all their Scottish Cups were in the 1800s then then pinch of salt springs to mind!

Had we won the 1897/98 final would you say that Killie shouldn't count it as it was in the 1800's?

Also, I don't think we are in any position to take teams cup wins with a pinch of salt seeing as our first 2 (of a total of 3) SC wins were ~100 years and ~90 years ago.

2 minutes ago, KillieBantam said:

Had we won the 1897/98 final would you say that Killie shouldn't count it as it was in the 1800's?

Also, I don't think we are in any position to take teams cup wins with a pinch of salt seeing as our first 2 (of a total of 3) SC wins were ~100 years and ~90 years ago.

I wouldn't say a club that won all their titles when half the professional clubs in this country hadn't even been formed, were as successful as a club who's won them in the 20s, 60s, 90s and 2010s, no.

At least when we won them in the 1920s, the league wasn't made up of teams like Vale of Leven, Renton and Cambuslang.

So aye, I'd say if we'd won one in the 1800s it wouldn't be as bit a deal of winning one when there was a proper structure in place.

Christ, Celtic were formed in 1888 and got to the final that year!

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I wouldn't say a club that won all their titles when half the professional clubs in this country hadn't even been formed, were as successful as a club who's won them in the 20s, 60s, 90s and 2010s, no.

At least when we won them in the 1920s, the league wasn't made up of teams like Vale of Leven, Renton and Cambuslang.

So aye, I'd say if we'd won one in the 1800s it wouldn't be as bit a deal of winning one when there was a proper structure in place.

Christ, Celtic were formed in 1888 and got to the final that year!

Fair enough I suppose. Still though, can only beat who is in front of you ... regardless of how many teams were founded

17 minutes ago, KillieBantam said:

Fair enough I suppose. Still though, can only beat who is in front of you ... regardless of how many teams were founded

This is true but clubs don't count wartime honours for example for a reason, half the league were off fighting. I'm not saying they shouldn't be counted but they aren't equal to one won in even the 20s or 30s.

27 minutes ago, gmullin88 said:

I would imagine theirs a few bigger clubs than us asking the question " Why couldn't we get Steve Clarke?"

I'll bet. The Jambos for a start. Was disappointed when Ross County nabbed Coyle as I thought his enthusiasm would be just the thing to give us a lift, but Clarke is a different league again, local & family connection and has Mourinho on his speed dial - unbelievable!!

6 hours ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

Is SC the new JC

... only jokin', before anybody books a semi automatic and a ferry!!

Down in Chester for a wee break, and just checking in. Has Clarke been in the Sports Bar yet turning the water into wine? With the level of expectation on here, I wouldn't be surprised :) 

7 hours ago, KillieBantam said:

I've said it before on here but I feel Killie would benefit greatly from what Bradford have done down here the last few seasons.

May-mid July seasys are £149/£49 this season for an adult/child (£199/£59 in previous seasons) then after that period go to the normal price of £299/£99. I would put my last pound on the club not losing money through this initiative as yes, they would lose half their current income, but they would at least double pre season ticket sales. Heck, even I would buy 2 (one for me; one for the auld man) even though I 'd only make 5/6 games a season.

For the last 3 seasons now Bradford have had adult season tickets <£200 and have had average crowds of 18k a game. I'm not saying Killie would pack out RP but bahgahd if seasys were £149/49 we would need to open the Moffat stand again(imo).

Steve Clarke signing on as gaffer is great for the club and I've not been this excited since the King Kenny days (was born during the TB era) but fitbaw without fans is nothing and it now surely has to be time to make football affordable for Killie fans and get RP less morguish and more rocking.

Just a thought... no better time to start than maybe a £150 season ticket offer for our 150th anniversary next season, even if it is just a trial at least?

Great if it worked. I doubt we would sell double.

Just now, Mclean07 said:

Great if it worked. I doubt we would sell double.

To be honest, I think we would easily.

All the buzz around Steve Clarke is great for the club. It's time to capitalize, and make fans feel as if it's their club again.

I was alway skeptical of the "We'll no be back til MJ's gone" crowd no coming back to RP on the reg. But surely Killie fans aren't THAT apathetic to turn down the value of £7.90 a game.

My A*r supporting boss has done nothing but fire abuse in my direction all season, walked in this morning and his words were "Steve Clarke ..How the f*** did yous manage that?" "I hate you lot but that's an unbelievable bit of business" 

i agree, he will have a presence that we haven't had in years, players know who he is where he has been the names he has worked with and the quality of players he has managed, there will be an instant level of respect from all the players, 

havent felt any pride in a managerial appointment at the club in years, aye I've been optimistic, excited, but I think when you are talking to any other fan of another club you feel a bit of pride that we have managed to get someone of Clarkes experience and quality 

7 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

We're 7th.

A very reasonable claim from SC then. He's getting everything right so far. Let's hope he's the man to put us back in our rightful place