streaming games for expats

jasper

I paid just under £6 to view the Thistle game, though the first half was almost unwatchable because of buffering. My repeated emails to the organisers were ignored. It's a pity, because the picture was of excellent quality on the few occasions when it was present. I was advised to upgrade all my browsers, all of which are upgraded already, and after faffing about with Firefox, Chrome and Opera, I finally settled on Safari. My point is that there are hundreds of expatriate ( notice the absence of a hyphen ) Killie fans like me who would gladly cough up for a decent streaming service, as you can no longer rely on Zem, Sports Devil, UK Turks etc. on Kodi. They have all been blocked. If we do start such a service, let's try to make it a decent one. I can stream Netflix and YouTube videos faultlessly, so the fault is not at my end.

As mentioned on the other post I spoke to Scott McClymont on twitter about this and he said it was something they are looking into. I live in Florida and Fox Sports dropped the SPFL rights and the BBC have clamped down hard on VPN server farms so it can make it difficult to listen to Open all Mics and Sportscene. 

So aside from some dodgy internet streams I havent been able to watch much of killie.

6 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Streaming outside the UK is fine. Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts, Dundee, Partick Thistle and Rangers all offer live home games. 

Cool, wasn't sure what rights situation would be. Really shouldn't be an issue as can't see it costing that much to do, even a trial to test the waters should be considered 

2 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Plus most Celtic and Rangers games were available for free if you knew where to look. Both teams have now changed their systems to combat this. 

Yeah the BBC have done the same, they clamp down on known cloud server providers such as AWS and Azure and have been blocking their ranges. Best bet is to find a mate with an external IP from their ISP and put a VPN server on there.

31 minutes ago, robkil said:

I'd definitely pay money if the club started streaming games. We only ever see Old Firm games here in Australia.

The best way to do this might be for all expats to approach the club. With the English/ US/ Australian exiles we should have a few hundred who would be willing to pay for a service.

It might be an idea to determine how much we would each be willing to pay.

Around £100 a season would seem reasonable. If 100 supporters all committed to £100 each, the £10,000 would cover the initial capital AV costs and subsequent distribution.

It would be interesting to discuss with Partick and Hamilton how they do this.

8 hours ago, fraz65 said:

The best way to do this might be for all expats to approach the club. With the English/ US/ Australian exiles we should have a few hundred who would be willing to pay for a service.

I don't think it would be available within the UK & I.

The Thistle one wasn't.

12 hours ago, Flood said:

i paid for game at weekend and it worked without a problem.

I also spoke to Scott McClymont on twitter, about it and he said it is on their list..

Could you possibly send me a personal email describing your computer system, as I'd like mine also to be capable of getting this kind of stream.

1 hour ago, jasper said:

Could you possibly send me a personal email describing your computer system, as I'd like mine also to be capable of getting this kind of stream.

it's just a normal mac and I used chrome. the biggest limiting factor is your internet speed. if you can watch YouTube videos you should be able to watch