EGM - Shareholders needed

Squirrelhumper

12 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

How are Killie shares traded, I mean are they on any market financial market? And what is their value at the moment?

1. No

2. As much as anyone is prepared to pay - in theory, the club/company was worth £8.7m @ May 2015 and had 4,876,408 shares in issue at that time (around £1.80 if you agree with the valuations in the Accounts). In practice though...

10 minutes ago, Trumpetree said:

1. No

2. As much as anyone is prepared to pay - in theory, the club/company was worth £8.7m @ May 2015 and had 4,876,408 shares in issue at that time (around £1.80 if you agree with the valuations in the Accounts). In practice though...

so how do you buy them, someone offers the club for them to sale and they see if anyone wants to  buys them?

You can buy new unissued shares from the club, in blocks of £50/£100 I think - at £1 per share (their par value)

Not sure about KFC shares currently in issue - some companies have rules in place where anyone selling has to offer their shares to existing shareholders first, before selling them on.

2 minutes ago, iceman said:

Anyone from the Trust answer this ?

I would imagine the Trust will not intervene at this point due to the ongoing negotiations as they would not want to jepordise the time and effort gone in to get where they are. Pretty sure we know what side they would take.

I spoke to somebody at the Trust and said we'd try and get this without their shares just now.

Should we be struggling for support (which we aren't) then I'd go back to them and discuss again but i'd rather we got this with individual shareholders (big and small) than have to use the Trust due to what has been said above. 

IMO a mistake, now is the time to show the size of the opposition to MJ. The larger the number of shares committed to the call for an EGM the better.

If the Trust have to be "careful" now it looks like MJ has got some leverage over them already..... not true I know but that's the perception some will take.

Maybe it would make BB think that the £100K is in doubt and make question his association with MJ even more then he must be already.

1 hour ago, shug said:

IMO a mistake, now is the time to show the size of the opposition to MJ. The larger the number of shares committed to the call for an EGM the better.

If the Trust have to be "careful" now it looks like MJ has got some leverage over them already..... not true I know but that's the perception some will take.

Maybe it would make BB think that the £100K is in doubt and make question his association with MJ even more then he must be already.

Upto them. They can thrown their shares in if they want. I've asked the question though. 

It would be a mistake to draw the Trust in and a mistake to rely on purely number of shares at this point.
We need headcount to make this happen.  We should aim for the 100 shareholders.  If a few people with large numbers of shares is the route we go down then MJ can use the 'vocal minority' excuse again.
Don't underestimate the effect of the AGM - There were sizeable numbers there and the points were well researched and well articulated.  For too long now MJ's response to his fellow board members will have been "Vocal minority, Hotheads & Bampots, Laptop Loonies" etc. The board saw the polar opposite of that on Tuesday and we should follow up with a good number of shareholders demanding an EGM as well as getting either the KFCSA or Trust to make a positive submission to the board of numbers of season ticket holders who will come back if we have MJ removed as well as number of businesses who will invest.  We don't want '(Killie) Pie in the Sky'; rather some cast iron deliverables that the board cannot ignore.  MJ must be visible as the sole blocker to a real number of returning customers and a real figure of guaranteed investment.  If it's tangible then it will not be ignored.

2 hours ago, The_new_gaffer said:

Someone mentioned earlier buying shares today. Did they get processed or did you get timescales as to how long they take to progress. I have some spare cash I would be prepared to put in. 

I've got the form filled out just need to hand it in. Got told 4 weeks but may be quicker. 

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's us got 58,000 shares backing this (85 shareholders)

However, i fully expect this to be over 100,000 shares (hopefully more) and 100 shareholders by COB tomorrow. 

I fully expect us to get over 250,000 shares (5%) and over 200 names. Humper's got the task of getting the names and I've got the job of getting shares. Higgy has been amazing so far but he needs more. As soon as my plane from Dallas lands in the morning I'll be on the case for shares.

Jim Craig has started a revolution but the revolution is not an apple that you can stand back and watch fall from the tree. It has to be pushed!!

This is no lonely laptop loonie in his bedroom or a single voice in the crowd. These are the people that own the club. We want our club back!

Edited by KFCWoodstock

Just to back SH's comment up on: "keep them coming". I was involved with something similar in an entirely different field and company and you'd be surprised by how many that claimed to have shares in the company concerned online actually fronted up to fill in forms, give names and addresses and came up with: oops, I was SURE I had shares in the company but it turns out I didn't!

So a good margin over what you are actually looking for is very useful to cover the odd person that doesn't step up to the plate for whatever reason.

2 minutes ago, gamla said:

Just to back SH's comment up on: "keep them coming". I was involved with something similar in an entirely different field and company and you'd be surprised by how many that claimed to have shares in the company concerned online actually fronted up to fill in forms, give names and addresses and came up with: oops, I was SURE I had shares in the company but it turns out I didn't!

So a good margin over what you are actually looking for is very useful to cover the odd person that doesn't step up to the plate for whatever reason.

Everyone who has emailed me, i have checked against the shareholders list and all are shareholders. 

i take on board what you've said and we are looking for as many as possible to back this. I'll be doing the rounds on saturday at the game for folk i know have shares but i don't have contact details for.

That said, 100 shareholders in less than 48 hours is an excellent response given the number of shareholders we have.

Not bad for a forum that's said to be the vocal minority eh?