We got the power

Barneyboy

As I’ve said before, I’m more than happy to admit I was wrong with my opinions on certain signings, especially Power, Broadfoot and Burke. What I will say is that it looks like LM could identify a player but couldn’t mould them as individuals into a team. He deserves credit for that. Correct me if I’m wrong did LM not state that Power was signed to work more with the development squad rather than play in the first team?

5 minutes ago, Doonhamer said:

As I’ve said before, I’m more than happy to admit I was wrong with my opinions on certain signings, especially Power, Broadfoot and Burke. What I will say is that it looks like LM could identify a player but couldn’t mould them as individuals into a team. He deserves credit for that. Correct me if I’m wrong did LM not state that Power was signed to work more with the development squad rather than play in the first team?

He stated that after he found out he was pish, fat and nowhere near a first team player.

As it turns out,every bit of what I've typed above looks like being s**te.

if ever there was an example of just how important the man in charge is to how a player performs you only have to look at these 3 lads. 

Credit has to go to McCulloch for making the signings but unfortunately what he knew they were capable of he couldn't bring that out of them during his tenure but with the right man at the helm the difference in these guy's performance is staggering 

let's hope they continue to move forward showing the same form they have in recent matches 

22 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

if ever there was an example of just how important the man in charge is to how a player performs you only have to look at these 3 lads. 

Credit has to go to McCulloch for making the signings but unfortunately what he knew they were capable of he couldn't bring that out of them during his tenure but with the right man at the helm the difference in these guy's performance is staggering 

let's hope they continue to move forward showing the same form they have in recent matches 

Said same to my wee fella yesterday. The sign of a good manager is he can take any player and make them better. Clarke looks like he can do that. 

We talk about Power and Broadfoot and how excellent they’ve been and we almost forget about other players in the process. 

McKenzie looks like a footballer again. Jones is adding goals to his game. O’Donnell is like a new signing. 

On paper our side always looked like a possible top six team but for whatever reasons it didn’t quite work out with Big Lee. 

Had he shadowed Clarke I’m sure you’d have seen a far better style of management when he stepped up. 

6 hours ago, Bullitt said:

We talk about Power and Broadfoot and how excellent they’ve been and we almost forget about other players in the process. 

O’Donnell is like a new signing. 

Had he shadowed Clarke I’m sure you’d have seen a far better style of management when he stepped up. 

Aye a good point there, there's no doubt that McCulloch had an eye for a player and given the change in form of these lads, who were all his signings is testament to that 

just a shame he didn't have the coaching experience to get the best out of them 

hopefully his experience in the hot seat so early on in his managerial career with us doesn't put him off in staying in the managerial game 

build up that experience elsewhere and he could be a decent manager further down the line and be good to see the guy have a bit of success in the future 

He had probably his best game last night. So many games this season we have lacked a man in midfield who is good in the challenge and comfortable on the ball. While he isn't (quite) Xavi, he's happy to take the ball from the players at the back and more often than not he finds a man with a pass. Power does actually appear to be the answer to one or two of our problems and annoyingly he's been on the bench at best for the majority of the season, that's a real frustration.

Edited by Fletch

34 minutes ago, Asasaid said:

At least we have a tune to play when he scores his first home goal. Win and You've got the power. I'm sure I've the 12" vinyl somewhere in the loft that was purchased during my misplaced youth.............

Jesus Christ. That’s a fecking awful song. Will be played for the big man no doubt though