Hearts Match Thread

C4mmy31

Ah what a pleasant afternoon in the capital that was. Great team performance, struggling to find fault in anyone out there but as has already been said, Power was outstanding.  Rory put in a shift and his run in the build up to the winner was excellent. Another solid performance by Broadfoot who I also thought was for in the crowd with us st the winner.

Might be forced to get a pass out for Dens now.

Great result today! Players were excellent and showed a fight that has been missing for a while (although has been growing every week since Clarke’s appointment) how many loose balls did the midfield pick up, Power especially, and apart from a slight nervy spell in the second half when Hearts scored controlled the game.

A great win to take into the break and with time to work I can see us being even better when we return.

Although I still think jones would have been better starting on the bench :P

Edited by Morph

5 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Great result. Possibly rode our luck at times but we didn't get any at hibernian! 

Last minute minute goals against Rangers and Hearts,  fantastic! 

Imagine the reaction from Dundee, Partick, Hamilton and Rossi County fans when we scored that! 

Now only 1 point behind Hamilton, 3 behind County and 4 behind Hearts and St Johnstone. 

Break comes at a good time after 4 hard games both midweeks and at weekends. 

The Dee's fans on P&B are a tad worried about playing us in two weeks time, they also reckon it's a must win or McCann is out the door......

Great win and deserved after the effort the team put in over the last few weeks. 

Power and Taylor were great but I think they could maybe have been given a bit more help in the second half from Jones. 

Thought Jones actually had a shocker. Nothing came off at all for him. We can't rely solely on him every game though so will be good to get Greg Kiltie back to shoulder some of that burden.

Great celebrations and the fans/players have got a good relationship these days.

Great performance on and of the Park fell out the game a bit in second half but great goal at the end just seen it on tv magic finish. You can how Clarke’s tactical changes are making such a difference eg obvious plan Boyd to only play an hour so he’s contributing far more as he’s not going to play for the whole game.

A great performance from the Killie family today both on and off the field.  Hearts hit the post early on agreed, but rarely crossed the halfway line up to half time and the 1200+ fans never stopped shouting support.  2nd half we let them come on to us a bit and the inevitable happened when the equaliser went in.  The winning goal was a bit of magic by young Frizzell after great work from Rory and deserved to win any game.  Bring on Dundee as we now start to climb away from the wrong end of this league.

KILLIE ARE BACK!!!!

Well worth the trip up from Yorkshire what a cracking away day! On the train home buzzing. The difference Clarke has already made is fantastic. Can’t wait to see how he shapes the squad during the transfer window. 

Good to see all the lads on fine form today with most of us taking the bookies to the cleaners backing Killie. 

40 minutes ago, red_dug said:

As an aside.......that was my first visit to Murrayfield.........get hampden to fk!

That was my first fitba game at Murrayfield too, didn't think the view was much better than behind the goals at Hampden tbh. Happy for it to be left to the egg chasers...

Oh and nae pies either >:( :killiepie:

Edited by Fankle

58 minutes ago, Morph said:

Great result today! Players were excellent and showed a fight that has been missing for a while (although has been growing every week since Clarke’s appointment) how many loose balls did the midfield pick up, Power especially, and apart from a slight nervy spell in the second half when Hearts scored controlled the game.

A great win to take into the break and with time to work I can see us being even better when we return.

Although I still think jones would have been better starting on the bench :P

Was I just watching the game through blue and white tinted spectacles, or did Hearts just try and kick JJ off the park for most of the first half?

At Murrayfield today and what an atmosphere in the Killie end. Brilliant to be there. Lets face it we were totally dominant in the first half and although we let Hearts back into it a bit in the second half we totally deserved this win. The difference is now that we are playing through the midfield on short tight passes and keeping possession ( not rocket science!!)  and then feeding the strikers rather than lumping it up front all the time to KB who cannot win the ball!! Hearts thankully were disappointing and poor!

I think KB has his mojo back which is great and influenced by the Steve C team spirit and belief which he has built up. I thought it was significant that Boydie came back on to the park at the end of the game with his big anorak on.....to congratulate his team mates on the win....I think in previous similar games he might have already been in the bath not knowing how the game ended!! And thats not a criticism of him...I think it just demonstrates how the squad mood has changed for the better under SC!