Scottish Cup Draw RossCo (H)

Gaz of the 20/20

I know a lot of supporters including myself are looking for an away draw against lower league opposition, especially those in the bottom two divisions.

However based on past history, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

Discounting Ayrshire's wee team, we haven't drawn a minnow away from home in 20 years when we played Stranraer away. It was the first game we played in defence of the cup we won the previous year.

Arbroath away would be for me the perfect draw but I've been saying that for over 10 years. We haven't played them away in the cup since 1921.

The last time we played the other minnows away who are still left in the competition:

Albion Rovers-1934

Alloa-2000 in a reply but haven't drawn them away since 1920

East Fife-1965

Montrose-1969

Peterhead-& the 4 Highland League teams never

Maybe this will change tomorrow night and we'll finally get a cup draw to get excited about.

Regardless of who we get there are probably going to be additions to the squad who won't have played for the side prior to the Cup game. Can't see Clarke repeating Clark's mistake of throwing so many of them into the team at the one time, even though some of them, Woodman and Ajer in particular, would later prove to be great additions.

Did a quick check and we've had 33 ties since winning the cup. (not including replays)

We've drawn 14 lower division teams (2 of those were rangers though) and 19 higher premier league clubs. Not been the luckiest draws

Drawn Rangers and ICT the most 4 times. Celtic 3, Hibs 3, A*r 3. 

I'd quite like us to get a new team we've not played before or for a long time.