Jordan Jones

Pelesboots

Agree that around £1 million should be the starting point. With a fit Kiltie we have a midfield potential of Power, Dicker, or Mulumbu, Kiltie sitting in front, Thomas and at the moment Taylor wide. £1 million could be the difference that brings in a decent forward and indeed an extra winger. 

Admittedly we don't have anyone else with JJ's pace in the team, but that is still a strong midfield without him. SC will certainly need some cash to play with in Jan. If we could also move on the likes of Erwin, Smith, and S.Boyd, it could free up some wages.  

7 minutes ago, piffer said:

Much as I like the boy I think we will be lucky to see over £500k up front for Jones if he goes. As I’ve said previously others who have gone south from the SPFL were in better form than JJ is or has been for us and didn’t fetch that fee. 

Agreed..pace to burn but nowhere near the level of Magennis atm.

3 hours ago, Mark Robertson said:

Nope if the like of Alan Hutton, 9 mill. Aiden McGeady, 9.5 mill. Barry Ferguson, 7.5 mill among others, can go for that money about a decade ago, then JJ is well worth 10 mill in todays even more over inflated EPL transfer market. He is an international player with the potential to be a great player. 10 million is not a huge price to take a gamble on potential. Set the price high and negotiate to halfway but letting him go for a million is crazy talk

Naw, this conversation is crazy talk. You pally with Sawyers? 

12 minutes ago, DuncD said:

Glad he’s nowhere the level of Magennis. Josh was p!sh

One look at this years financial report would seem to indicate that our accountants don't share your view of josh with his euro appearance money and transfer fee we received for him bet they will be very grateful he was our player to generate the income whether they thought he was p!sh or not!!

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Jones is streets ahead of Magennis in terms of ability.

I’m not sure anyone could argue with that. In terms of impact, influence, goals and assists though Magennis was streets ahead of JJ. I was never Magennis biggest fan but he was well ahead of where Jones is now when he left. 

JJ has time on his side and obviously hasn’t played the football Josh had. He’s got to improve dramatically before people will even think about paying half of what some people on here are hoping for

14 minutes ago, piffer said:

I’m not sure anyone could argue with that. In terms of impact, influence, goals and assists though Magennis was streets ahead of JJ. I was never Magennis biggest fan but he was well ahead of where Jones is now when he left. 

JJ has time on his side and obviously hasn’t played the football Josh had. He’s got to improve dramatically before people will even think about paying half of what some people on here are hoping for

If I was a scout and had been monitoring both players I'd be willing to pay much more for Jones than I'd ever have paid for Josh.

17 minutes ago, eagle10g1 said:

Lack of respect for the contribution of a player that did very well for us . Good guy who has done well in developing his career..Would take him back in a minute.Why do some people continually write this crap ?

I did respect his contribution. He ran himself into the ground for the jersey but he was still p!sh though. More of an athlete than a footballer. 

18 minutes ago, Fletch said:

If I was a scout and had been monitoring both players I'd be willing to pay much more for Jones than I'd ever have paid for Josh.

Can I ask why? For me JJ is a far more exciting player and there is an excitement amongst fans when he gets the ball. It’s rare that something happens from it though.  Magennis was never popular. For me he never looked comfortable on the ball but seemed to create more and certainly posed a bigger goal threat. 

Interesting comparing Magennis and Jones now both are involved at the same international level.

I think we were just beginning to see the best of Josh when he left. He was playing with a lot of confidence,which allied to his physical prowess, made him a threat. I think if we'd got another 6 months out of him the opinions might have been more favourable.

Anyway compating the two - for me Jones is a footballer. Quick and direct, very skillfull and has a trick or two. Magennis was an athlete. Neither perfect and both lacking parts of their game. Magennis was becoming very very effective for us and I wish him well. JJ is much better to watch in my opinion. Whether he is more effective is certainly up for debate but a no contest in terms of pure quality.

For that reason I think JJ's ceiling is a bit higher than Josh's. Combine both and you've a hell of a player.

Some folk very harsh on Josh. 20 goals in 2 seasons for us, better than a lot have strikers have managed at us in same time. Honest hard working guy who may not be the most talented but improved whilst at us. We'd have been down without him so give the guy his due.

Jordan has the potential to reach a much higher level than josh. Probably faster, trickier and a better shot on him. Just needs accuracy. Bit like sterling a few years ago.  

11 hours ago, piffer said:

Can I ask why? For me JJ is a far more exciting player and there is an excitement amongst fans when he gets the ball. It’s rare that something happens from it though.  Magennis was never popular. For me he never looked comfortable on the ball but seemed to create more and certainly posed a bigger goal threat. 

Simply because Jones is an all round better player. Whilst I don't think Jones final ball is great I think he's more creative than Magennis was. They started the majority of their games in different positions so it's hard to draw a fair comparison on goals scored, I'm more confident in Jones in a goal scoring position than I ever was with Magennis - he just isn't as front of goal as often as Magennis was due to where he's generally played. Magennis was bigger and tried hard, beyond that I struggle to think of much else in Magennis.

46 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Some folk very harsh on Josh. 20 goals in 2 seasons for us, better than a lot have strikers have managed at us in same time.

Are you honestly surprised? 

We had Colin Nish scoring 15 goals a season and folk on these sites used to slate him regularly which always truly baffled me! 

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Are you honestly surprised? 

We had Colin Nish scoring 15 goals a season and folk on these sites used to slate him regularly which always truly baffled me! 

The Colin Nish thing bemuses me to this day. Guy going bats**t mental because he didne win a header in the first 30 seconds but him scoring (and assising) a barrel load of goals wasnt good enough. Purely because he was a bit akward looking. 

On 05/12/2017 at 12:39 PM, cammy_boy said:

The Colin Nish thing bemuses me to this day. Guy going bats**t mental because he didne win a header in the first 30 seconds but him scoring (and assising) a barrel load of goals wasnt good enough. Purely because he was a bit akward looking. 

^^^^^^^This is the reason folk don't rate craig samson. Sure he's not a world beater but his build and the way he moves doesn't inspire confidence.

No worse than other regular scottish keepers.

4 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

Killiefc.com spelling points for you cammy - "barrel load" - must be worth at least 10

Meanwhile away from Killiefc.com the traditional "barrow load" prevails... :hurrah:

Nothing wrong with the spelling (although mine is normally s**te). However the saying is wrong. Barrel load works fine however so move along nothing to see here.

25 minutes ago, red_dug said:

^^^^^^^This is the reason folk don't rate craig samson. Sure he's not a world beater but his build and the way he moves doesn't inspire confidence.

No worse than other regular scottish keepers.

Dunno. Samson is a big fan of parrying a ball straight into the danger area.

14 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Ian Wilson is probably gonna be the next one to fall foul of looking a bit ungainly.

This is already happening. The guy makes a five yard pass backwards to retain possetion.....utter rage. He makes a 20 yard pass through a ruck of players and loses possetion (probably due to aforementioned rage) ........more rage. 

34 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Ian Wilson is probably gonna be the next one to fall foul of looking a bit ungainly.

Wilson gets a terrible time of it from some supporters. There was a guy next to me who slaughtered him for keeping possession in one game. I asked what his problem was and he said players like that never get anywhere in the game and he would rather we lost possession trying something special.