Jordan Jones

Pelesboots

16 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

A large percentage of the Scottish meeja are just another wing of Sevco/Celtic. The deliberate unsettling of McInnes was blatant. I don't really recall other teams doing it.

In unrelated news, someone you've never met before told me that Steve Clarke is set to swoop for Rangers starlet Alfredo Morelos. Don't ask who told me, because I can't reveal my sources and anyway you don't know them anyway.

I heard apparently that boyhood Chelsea fan Morelos is apparently unhappy at Rangers and wants to join the ex-Chelsea star Steve Clarke's revolution at Killie.

Has anyone else heard this rumour?

Would he be happy being third choice striker behind Brophy and Boyd? Cause that's where he would be! ¬¬

2 hours ago, Mogwai said:

It was either him or McCrorie. 

Can't really think of any others I'd take. Maybe Windass?

Would take Windass off of them. Possibly Danny Wilson too as a longer term successor to Greer/Broadfoot. 

The rest of their team is no better than ours or anyone elsein the league.

6 hours ago, Mogwai said:

In unrelated news, someone you've never met before told me that Steve Clarke is set to swoop for Rangers starlet Alfredo Morelos. Don't ask who told me, because I can't reveal my sources and anyway you don't know them anyway.

I heard apparently that boyhood Chelsea fan Morelos is apparently unhappy at Rangers and wants to join the ex-Chelsea star Steve Clarke's revolution at Killie.

Sounds like mince!

Boyhood Chelsea fan want to sign for Steve Clarke and suffer a 75% wage cut?  

A player Rangers paid over £1m for in the summer being allowed to walk away for free?

I would be surprised if Clarke even rates him, to be honest.

6 hours ago, Mogwai said:

A large percentage of the Scottish meeja are just another wing of Sevco/Celtic. The deliberate unsettling of McInnes was blatant. I don't really recall other teams doing it.

Yes, I heard this rumour too from a mate with excellent contacts inside Ibrox who is rarely wrong with his rumours. Also this evening it was the only subject of conversation in the pub. It seems to be the worst kept secret in football that Morelos is off to Rugby Park in January. 

On 17/12/2017 at 8:45 PM, Killiepies said:

JJ is the most exciting player at Killie at the moment.From the moment he came on yesterday Well put 2 players on him when he got the ball and was unlucky not to score .IMO he was only dropped because Clarke wanted a more physical/defensive player .He has ripped most teams this season scored his fair share and has more natural ability than any one on our books 

I like JJ, but as others have said, too often no end product. IMO Kiltie if we can keep him fit is a much better all round player and a better prospect.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

Yes, I heard this rumour too from a mate with excellent contacts inside Ibrox who is rarely wrong with his rumours. Also this evening it was the only subject of conversation in the pub. It seems to be the worst kept secret in football that Morelos is off to Rugby Park in January.

Thats twice I've heard that rumour now.....

Certainly seems to be growing arms and legs. 

I wonder if it has made it to Pie and Bovril yet? 

8 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Jones 500k I’d sell him hopefully not to rangers even though they will buy anyone with northern Irish link .Kiltie back and could invest it in a new player . No player is indispensable. With Clarke I’m totally happy with his decisions . I think this will only be paper talk to unsettle him . 

£1m to England, £2m to Rangers 

Just bumped in to someone who knows someone and supposedly Morelos went to primary school with a guy who's favourite letter in the alphabet was K, couldn't believe it myself but there we have it Morelos upfront, thoughts?  

(this is not far off how the old firm media put together their stories)

Jones for me still isn't producing week in week out, if Kiltie comes back and plays behind the strikers I'd be less worried about selling him. I also think we have a winger in Dom Thomas but looks like hes not making the cut under Clarke.

17 hours ago, killiebythesea said:

I like JJ, but as others have said, too often no end product. IMO Kiltie if we can keep him fit is a much better all round player and a better prospect.

I don't disagree that JJ could improve, but the "too often no end product" just doesn't make any sense in the context of using Kiltie as example, who has all of 2 more goals for us and 3 fewer assists than Jones, and that's with Kiltie having 10+ more appearances for us.  That's not a bad return for a guy having to supply a striker that's two stone overweight that has missed more than a few sitters put on a plate for him.

There is, of course, a lot more to football than goals and assists, so let me stress I'm not saying Jones is a better player than Kiltie - that remains to be seen as their careers unfold, but the "little end product" thing is a bit of a myth.

On 18/12/2017 at 1:30 PM, Mogwai said:

Away ya mentalist. Not like Steve Clarke is Rudd Gullit or Jose that the life long Chelsea fan always wanted to play for.  Going by your logic he should really be wanting play for Brendan Rodgers too. 

He's on big bucks at Ibrox, out our pay scale. He' sdecent player to be fair and I would happily take him, but think some folk must have started hitting the Christmas ale early doors if believe this. 

11 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

Away ya mentalist. Not like Steve Clarke is Rudd Gullit or Jose that the life long Chelsea fan always wanted to play for.  Going by your logic he should really be wanting play for Brendan Rodgers too. 

He's on big bucks at Ibrox, out our pay scale. He' sdecent player to be fair and I would happily take him, but think some folk must have started hitting the Christmas ale early doors if believe this. 

You should do stand up.

29 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

Jeezo mate, that's a blinder.