McLean

piffer

Aside from JJ's second I don’t think he got any of our bookings wrong. Indeed IMO I felt he would have been within his rights to send Broadfoot off for the manner in which he pulled GMS back. 

He was absolutely rotten though. Let Shinnie off with a warning then was blatantly talked into booking him. He stood and accepted the abuse that Christie gave him for over a minute. A justified yellow card stops it. Their CBs get off with persistent fouling. No foul on Brophy and they go up the park and score. 

It really was one rule for Killie and a different one for Aberdeen

6 minutes ago, piffer said:

Aside from JJ's second I don’t think he got any of our bookings wrong. Indeed IMO I felt he would have been within his rights to send Broadfoot off for the manner in which he pulled GMS back. 

He was absolutely rotten though. Let Shinnie off with a warning then was blatantly talked into booking him. He stood and accepted the abuse that Christie gave him for over a minute. A justified yellow card stops it. Their CBs get off with persistent fouling. No foul on Brophy and they go up the park and score. 

Within his rights to send Broadfoot off? Eh??? 

Agree with most of the OP

Broadfoot's booking - yellow, not anywhere close to red.

Frizzell booking - soft but correct

Shinnie - persistent fouling - eventually booked. Dissent later in the game not punished.

Jones 1st booking. No idea. I assume dissent but was it any worse than Christie's, K McLean's or Shinnie's?

Jones 2nd booking. Rooney had just got away with a pull back on a Killie player, advantage played. A talking to was deemed sufficient. I assumed end of game leniency was being applied; clearly only to Aberdeen, when Jones got his 2nd yellow.

Rotten I can cope with. Inconsistent is much harder to deal with.

Edited by anndeetee
poor grammar!

Stuart McLean got a hard time from a lot of fans towards the end of his time at Killie. In every one of the games his son has refereed, it has looked to me as though he is out for revenge. Might be that the guy is just incompetent, but Steven McLean never seems to give us anything. There was one incident in the second half where Brophy almost had the shirt ripped off his back, but McLean apparently missed it.

1 hour ago, KA9Killie said:

Stuart McLean got a hard time from a lot of fans towards the end of his time at Killie. In every one of the games his son has refereed, it has looked to me as though he is out for revenge. Might be that the guy is just incompetent, but Steven McLean never seems to give us anything. There was one incident in the second half where Brophy almost had the shirt ripped off his back, but McLean apparently missed it.

For a brief spell, after Stuart got into the Hall Of Fame, his boy seemed to give us more decisions, but not recently.

(Interesting to hear Stevie Clarke talking about being an apprentice at Beechams. Sure Stuart McLean worked there.)

Only thing McLean was consistent on was allowing O'Connor to climb all over Erwin and then Boyd. The first one was on Erwin in the box where he levered himself on Erwin's shoulders and then came over the top of him. Had to be a foul and therefore a penalty. "Good competitive defensive header" was the way that other one eyed waste of oxygen, Andy Wa*ker, described it.....

5 hours ago, piffer said:

Never ever gives us anything 

The official spfl site, has him down for a straight red for serious foul.

No mention in the text commentary of a previous booking...

And yet, he was shown a yellow, then red. Unless he was just getting booked, and then said something, worthy of a second yellow.

Screenshot_2017-11-27-09-34-38-1.jpg

Screenshot_2017-11-27-09-32-02-1.jpg

My main gripe was continually letting their back line away with shirt pulling and climbing. He did it over and over and has been mentioned the two armed climb on Erwin in the box had to be a penalty. Anywhere else on the pitch and he has no choice but to give the foul, absolutely bottled it.

It seems to me that he is so aware of his Killie connection through his father and he is so desperate to never be seen to favour us that it actually affects his ability to do his job correctly, bordering on incompetence. 

Yesterday there are 2/3 massive decisions that he screwed up that could have had a major impact on the game and us. 

He doesn't give a penalty for O'Connor climbing all over Erwin in the box, obvious foul and would have been given if anywhere else in the pitch. If we convert the penalty and the rest of the game pans out like it did we are at 2-2

2nd one is in the lead up to their third, Brophy pretty much gets the shirt ripped off his back and they then break up the pitch for May to score. 

3rd one is when the players then line up for kick off and JJ is remonstrating at the ref at this decision which has just cost us a goal and gets booked for dissent. This then leads to Jones 2nd booking and red card meaning he is suspended for St Johnstone game.  

If he gave the free kick for the foul on Brophy then not only is there no 3rd goal but also no booking for JJ & also potentially no frustration causing him to commit the foul for his 2nd yellow.  

That leaves us with a free kick on 74 minutes with the game at 2-2 (assuming he gives the penalty and we convert) with 15 minutes to play and 11 men on the park for that time to push for winner.