Saintees (A) Fred Dec 2nd 2017

Allan

Great result and could have won by more. Not a great performance though, I thought they looked sharper than us for long spells and we rode our luck at times. Shocking lack of concentration for their goal. I thought Brophy was excellent and thoroughly deserved his goal after a great bit of football. Hopefully that will build a bit of confidence through the team. Thought Broadfoot was class coming over to us at the end as was SC. KTID

9 minutes ago, Mark Robertson said:

Great result and could have won by more. Not a great performance though, I thought they looked sharper than us for long spells and we rode our luck at times. Shocking lack of concentration for their goal. I thought Brophy was excellent and thoroughly deserved his goal after a great bit of football. Hopefully that will build a bit of confidence through the team. Thought Broadfoot was class coming over to us at the end as was SC. KTID

Agree totally with Mark.  Lessons hopefully learnt today by Greer ------- Don't commit stupid fouls in non dangerous situations and Greg Taylor ------------- Don't turn your back on the game, especially if it appears to have stopped. 

Great win boys.

Thought it was a good performance. Plenty of room for improvement but a good platform to build on. Only Celtic and Rangers have won up there this season so no easy task

Really felt we bullied them. Broadfoot, O'Donnell, Power, Dicker and Boyd all dominated their men for much of the game. That was pleasing to see as so often we’ve been the team bullied

There was a decent spine to the team today we’ve lacked for a long time. Broadfoot was a different player to last week and won everything. Dicker and Power dominated the middle of the park. O'Donnell defended well but was a great attacking threat. 

Brophy deserved his goal and should have had more. I thought he sclaffed the 1vs1 but if the red saw a corner it’s an amazing save.

I felt we lacked a bit of quality between middle and front in the central area. Not sure if Mulumbu will take that position or if we will be waiting for Kiltie to come in at Ten.

Erwin came on for Brophy and looked clueless. He did improve when Boyd went off and he took that role though. 

MacDonald made a few commanding claims well off his line which was great to see. His distribution was really bad today though. Kicks all over the place and a few that barely made halfway. 

Ah good old killie fans even in victory they can pick holes in the performance and continue character asassantion against various killie players maybe they are justified in this but who gives a castlemaine xxxx because at present any kind of victory I will take and the performances will surely improve with Steve Clarke in charge well done to all the players today and let's all get out and support them next Saturday stuff the Xmas shopping with the missus bring her to rugby park instead!!!!

Clarke said in the paper this morning that the players are playing for their futures and what they do in the next four weeks will dictate what he does in the transfer window. It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out. Based on last week you’d chuck the whole back four but today they were a solid working unit and Broadfoot in particular a completely different player from the shambles he was last week. 

My first game of the season and a very enjoyable day. Thought Dicker and Power made a very effective midfield combination. Defence needs strengthening in January. Brophy my MOM. Good to see him play with belief and hopefully he turns in tegular performances like today. I also thought Boyd worked a great shift today and played Brophy a sublime wee pass for what should have been his second. 

We're obviously getting the square root of FA from referees this season and some of this guys decisions were baffling. Anyway, great atmosphere from the choir up the back and a good turnout. KTID. See yeez in Dingwall.

19 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

All Irish central midfield partnership.  Wonder if that's ever happened before.  Irish or any other nationality? 

Did Calderón and Sanjuán (Spanish) not play in midfield together even though Sanjuán was usually a defender? Cocard and Vareille (French)? Longstaff and any of the other English loanees from last season?

I look forward to the day when every goal scored by Hamilton, Partick , Dundee , Ross County etc isn’t a reason for despair. I believe we have 22 games to go yet the fact that Mark O’Hara has again scored ( we should deffo have kept him ) is enough send us into terminal decline . We are , against all odds ,back in the pack , with a better manager than we could have hoped for , with a midfield that has gone from hopeless to potentially excellent . Rip up the pitch and I’m moist . 

7 hours ago, CB said:

Would Clingan and Winchester count? Or because they're NI they don't?

Good shout, I was trying to think of other NI players who were there with Clingan but could only recall Shiels and McKeown. 

It'd be interesting to see if they played as a centre mid pairing...