Thistle home Fred

C4mmy31

32 minutes ago, malcr0 said:

Bugger - 1st home game I’ve missed for some time as I am away and we score 5. Maybe I should stay away in case I’m a jinx :-)

Yes you're barred from Rugby Park.

Sawyers is more welcome than you now sir xD

Edited by Bullitt

Great performance although a few shaky moments as has been touched on. Mulumbu is class he's only going to get better as he gets fitter but entire midfield gets a mention...plenty of bite and quality just what we've been missing !! Brophy was very Good, he's taking his chance and we're seeing the rewards ! Great feeling long may it continue 

Very good team performance today against a poor Thistle side.

Started very brightly, with an immediate tempo that we never saw under previous managers.

Mulumbu clearly technically gifted.  Nowhere near up to pace yet but file him under the old Eremenko 'if he was fit/fast he wouldn't be playing for us' category.  Clearly thrives in breaking up play but seems to feel more comfortable passing sideways than forwards- not much wrong with that as not all sideways passes are negative and he will be important against better midfields. 

I thought the game past Power by today but his positioning was good. Jones very quiet in the first half too.  There won't be many teams that won't punish us for having a couple of players off the pace.

Superb strike for the Thistle goal but that was their only real showing, other than a near own goal which trickled past MacDonald's post in the second half.

Delighted for Brophy to get two goals to add to his huff and puff.  Shame he didn't have a look in when Killie were awarded a pen.

We were much better going forward than at the back- surprising then that our home form has been so pish, where we should be taking games to others.

We should now be looking up rather than down the table and there's no reason we can't push on with our squad and the transfer window to come.

Having the likes of McKenzie, Burke, Bell, Taylor and Erwin on ththe bench, with Kiltie still to return and potential additions in the New Year is all positive.  

Played lads.

How did the goals come about?

The midfield looked like it was set up to prevent goals rather than create them.

Great win on so many levels:

First home win since Sawers was sensible.

Back to back wins

First home win against Partick in ages.

Brophy building on his goal from last week

Boyd getting on the scoresheet again

A huge chunk taken out of our goal difference. 

Those scummy Partick cnuts are away hame in tears.

Sounds like there is still some work to do with the defence though.

Loved that. 5 was a bit harsh on partick as they played some really neat stuff but given how much I dislike them and the dross we have had to endure over the past few years I would say well deseved.  Cannot wait to see mulumbu fully fit. Reckon he had one misplaed pass. Decision made I'm going to Dingwall. 3 in a row anyone?

8 minutes ago, MJout said:

Loved that. 5 was a bit harsh on partick as they played some really neat stuff but given how much I dislike them and the dross we have had to endure over the past few years I would say well deseved.  Cannot wait to see mulumbu fully fit. Reckon he had one misplaed pass. Decision made I'm going to Dingwall. 3 in a row anyone?

I thought they got off lightly. Should've been 7 or 8.

Excellent result, just knew we were going to gub someone soon. Mulumbu oozed class, especially for being out for so long. Definitely looks special, his vision and movement was tremendous. Was stuck between Boyd and Brophy for MOM, decided to give it to Brophy for his work rate and goals although I thought Boyd had his best game in years. Defence looked shaky but dealt with most that Thistle threw at us, sometimes more down to luck than skill,, couldn't really fault them for the goal, a lucky bounce that seemed to land perfectly for them. Even at 3-1 there were auld moaners shouting get it up the park. Burke was great when he came on too. Its a strange feeling to walk away from Rugby Park with a big smile on my face